American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

Do the regular album tracks sounds any better in quality from what's been on Spotify all of these years?

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Do the regular album tracks sounds any better in quality from what's been on Spotify all of these years?

For spotify : Yes.

For apple music/itunes/hdtracks/tidal/qobuz : It's the same as the 2012 hd tracks remasters

• Like 2

Just now, Nezirath270 said:

For spotify : Yes.

For apple music/itunes/hdtracks/tidal/qobuz : It's the same as the 2012 hd tracks remasters

Glad Spotify finally got an upgrade.

• Like 1

Call me crazy theory 3am delusional but what if American idiot demo sessions disc is just the full cigarettes and valentines album with some demos from the american idiot era 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nezirath270 said:

Call me crazy theory 3am delusional but what if American idiot demo sessions disc is just the full cigarettes and valentines album with some demos from the american idiot era 

Wdym by demo sessions?
if you mean the B-sides disk i doubt its fully related to C&V (Due to Govenator, which is possibly a network outtake and possibly the 19th Nervous Breakdown Cover which is likely the version that was recorded during the nimrod sessions cleaned up a little bit) but if you mean the disk thats apart of the boxset Novacaine (which is at this point basically a later evolution of Sleepyhead, with it being likely that Lazy Bones was written in order to reuse the parts from sleepyhead that werent used in Novacaine), Clusterbomb, possibly some parts of that alternative version of American Idiot, Just Another Year (which if it is Lately makes me wonder how and why it ended up on the B-side disk if its just the intro to homecoming but theres more to it, but then again Walking Contradiction reused the solo riff of Haushinka and then Haushinka actually made it to an album), Everyones Breaking Down and maybe Lowlife (also i wouldnt be surprised if Whatsername and Extraordinary Girl were written around this time but just not considered at all)

12 minutes ago, nowshesgone said:

Wdym by demo sessions?
if you mean the B-sides disk i doubt its fully related to C&V (Due to Govenator, which is possibly a network outtake and possibly the 19th Nervous Breakdown Cover which is likely the version that was recorded during the nimrod sessions cleaned up a little bit) but if you mean the disk thats apart of the boxset Novacaine (which is at this point basically a later evolution of Sleepyhead, with it being likely that Lazy Bones was written in order to reuse the parts from sleepyhead that werent used in Novacaine), Clusterbomb, possibly some parts of that alternative version of American Idiot, Just Another Year (which if it is Lately makes me wonder how and why it ended up on the B-side disk if its just the intro to homecoming but theres more to it, but then again Walking Contradiction reused the solo riff of Haushinka and then Haushinka actually made it to an album), Everyones Breaking Down and maybe Lowlife (also i wouldnt be surprised if Whatsername and Extraordinary Girl were written around this time but just not considered at all)

I'm talking about the disc 3 demo disc of american idiot. What if Novacaine, Clusterbomb, Radio Baghdad, Homecoming 10 minutes, Just Another Year, Everybody's Breaking Down and Lowlife are from the Cigarettes and valentines tapes. Meanwhile American idiot , Holiday,Boulevard, Are we the waiting, St jimmy, She's a rebel and whatsername are made during the making of american idiot

Not noticing much of a quality difference between the existing deluxe and this on Spotify, even with my nicer headphones.

Clusterbomb is amazing..... 

Definitely the same one pulled from the Warning sessions. It has all the Warningish vibes to it lol.  

• Like 1

All the original tracks sound a lot softer on this. No punch. Spotify sound seems to be very low.

Wow, I really love Lowlife. Already listening to it on repeat. It’s wild how many bits of it went on to become/inspire parts of future songs but also how well it works in this form, too.

• Like 4

The lyric change from Billie to Jesus in Homecoming. 
Flash forward to 2009 and Billie wears that black shirt that has ‘Jesus’ written on as a name tag. 
He’s been telling us all along. 

• Like 3

All of the goosebumps with Lowlife. That's the kind of song that made me fall in love with them. Ugh, it's perfect.

Also, how can you tell it's been 20 years?

"I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!" -Billie on We Are The Champions 😂 

• Like 3

Most interesting to me as a long-time fan is this fleshed-out version of the “Nobody Likes You” section of Homecoming. Mike Dirnt has always talked about his lyrical contributions to this record being minimal, as it seems to be most a child of Billie’s creation, apart from a song he said he wrote about how frustrated he was about always getting to the studio first, leaving him feeling alone. Thus, you hear the full version of this composition on this record!! Finally!! This was such a great moment as someone who’s loved this record the past 20 years.

“Lowlife” is another great highlight amongst the bonus material, taking one of the melodies from “Jesus of Suburbia” and fleshing it out into an uptempo rocker, featuring soaring harmonies over its chorus and almost giving an unexpectedly uplifting vibe with its hopeful yet desperate lyrics.

Just a great rerelease all around, I only wish there were more :P

• Like 4

I'm just blown away with Lowlife. Just Wow!!!! I even cried with the chorus I swear.

Billie's vocals in american idiot are something else 🤌🏼🤌🏼🤌🏼

• Like 4

they really kept Lowlife hidden away from us for 20 years. i'm gonna have this on repeat for awhile

• Like 4

Anyone notice lowlife has similarities to the billie collabs the   angel and the jerk with penelope houston and  the go gos unforgiven

• Like 2

Are there any News about the documentary ? I think this is the Most important Thing for me 

• Like 4