American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

1 hour ago, Nezirath270 said:

only 6 hours to go from where i live

This is why I need to stay away from here few hours before it's time or I will spoiler myself.  I will listen to Green Day albums non stop the last few hours to keep myself busy, as I don't trust my dumbass self

• Like 2

Shes a rebel is super cool! I almost like it more than the final song from an instrumental perspective

Its also worth noting - I am up to Radio Baghdad and can confirm these are not the same demos as the 5 reddit demos.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Are any of the songs something that isnt on American Idiot?

8 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

This is why I need to stay away from here few hours before it's time or I will spoiler myself.  I will listen to Green Day albums non stop the last few hours to keep myself busy, as I don't trust my dumbass self

I already fucked up, but it's fine🤣

Jon might get to them first. Im going in order (skipping the demos which are already out). Ill advise when im there if no one beats me

Homecoming starts wild! Kicks right in with Mike and his song about being alone in the studio... 

2 minutes ago, Hammie Stein said:

Jon might get to them first. Im going in order (skipping the demos which are already out). Ill advise when im there if no one beats me

I just wanted to hear the new ones, about to give the full thing a go through hah

1 minute ago, Jon Benjamin said:

I just wanted to hear the new ones, about to give the full thing a go through hah

Homecoming might as well be a new one. First 3.5 minutes of it are all unheard - crazy

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Hammie Stein said:

Homecoming starts wild! Kicks right in with Mike and his song about being alone in the studio... 

This is super interesting. This is what I wanted to hear

Just now, Hammie Stein said:

Homecoming might as well be a new one. First 3.5 minutes of it are all unheard - crazy

Probably part of C&V?

17 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

I wish i could avoid forums also to avoid song spoilers but at the same time i wanna join in on the conversation.

• Love 1

The later parts of Homecoming that were kept, but in the context of the "Alone in the studio" story makes a very interesting listen

Aside from the American Idiot Alt Demo, the first 3 or so minutes of Homecoming and Lowlife; everything else is in either Identical to finals, or very very similar to what you already know. 

2 minutes ago, Dysfunco said:

A little quick break-down, based on New Zealand snippets on Qobuz:

American Idiot (Alternate version) = Earlier version of the song with different lyrics.

Homecoming = New parts we haven't heard before

Everyone's Breaking Down = Whole song based off the "here the come marching down the street" (by favorite, by the way) part in Homecoming.

Just Another Year = A whole song based on what is now the accapella intro in Homecoming.

Lowlife = A new song where verses seems to be what later became the "Dearly Beloved" part in Jesus of Suburbia. Potentielly with a very different feel though as it's a entirely different drum beat and tempo. 

I know other people here have heard the full songs, but I thought I could create a post like this so we have the details in a more condensed form :) 

Thanks... More than 30 minutes listened and you was the only one that report the important thing for us than can't hear It now

• Like 1

I'm assuming everyone who wants to can listen to the preview/snippers on New Zealand Itunes/Apple store, considering I'm doing so and I live in Sweden.

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/american-idiot-20th-anniversary-deluxe-edition/1761687864

(there are obvious similarities between Lowlife and Strange Days Are Here to Stay, (although the former is much better).

Man for me it feels like jackpot to get two fully fledged, Warning-esque sounding songs revolving around my favourite parts of Jesus of Suburbia (Dearly Beloved) and Homecoming (Here they come marching...).

Aside from 100% never-before-heard songs it's a best case scenario for me personally. Superb stuff.  I will love these songs to death. :D 🥰

Edited by Dysfunco
  • Like 2

As mentioned above:

Everyone's Breaking Down is a complete song that is based off the music and beat/tempo of the "here they come marching down the street" - I love it.

Just Another Year is a complete song that builds from the very first verse of Homecoming

"My heart is beating from me
I am standing all alone
Please call me only if you are coming home
JUST (instead of waste) another year flies by"

Lowlife is a complete song framed with the "Dearly Beloved" part from JOS.

Hope that helps, It might help to think of them as three complete or 'new songs' with only pieces of them incorporated in to JOS and Homecoming.

• Like 3