American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

OMG what if it includes the lost C&V sessions?!?!?!?

It doesnt.

ME AUSTRALIAN WAKING UP AT 2AM TO THE INSTA POST, THEN GOING HERE TO SEE STUFF IS ALREADY OUT FOR ME TOO

Gosh I'm so fucking excited man I don't even care there's no C AND V this is all beautiful.

There are track durations on Qobuz Australia: https://www.qobuz.com/au-en/album/american-idiot-green-day/vv15zf5bjg5ub

My guess is that Radio Baghdad is a version of Extraordinary Girl, Cluster Bomb is Letterbomb (it had the title pretty much until the final artwork). If the songs between Homecoming and Whatsername are completely new songs or they used parts of those in the finished Homecoming, I'm glad to hear those. Pretty stoked about the Irving Plaza Soundboard recording, I was waiting for this since the show happened 20 years ago. This is awesome! The 2nd disc is a little disappoint to a collector and fan, since we already got the bonus tracks, but it's nice to have everything in one package!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Flynn said:

ME AUSTRALIAN WAKING UP AT 2AM TO THE INSTA POST, THEN GOING HERE TO SEE STUFF IS ALREADY OUT FOR ME TOO

Gosh I'm so fucking excited man I don't even care there's no C AND V this is all beautiful.

Maybe they’re saving C and V for the 30th

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Karl Karlson said:

There are track durations on Qobuz Australia: https://www.qobuz.com/au-en/album/american-idiot-green-day/vv15zf5bjg5ub

My guess is that Radio Baghdad is a version of Extraordinary Girl, Cluster Bomb is Letterbomb (it had the title pretty much until the final artwork). If the songs between Homecoming and Whatsername are completely new songs or they used parts of those in the finished Homecoming, I'm glad to hear those. Pretty stoked about the Irving Plaza Soundboard recording, I was waiting for this since the show happened 20 years ago. This is awesome! The 2nd disc is a little disappoint to a collector and fan, since we already got the bonus tracks, but it's nice to have everything in one package!

Jesus of Suburbia demo is only 2 minutes, so guessing it's section 1 of the full song. Homecoming's demo is 10 minutes so is the full song (with some additional stuff maybe since it's a minute longer). I'm wondering if any of those extra demos with new names are other sections of JoS? It seems weird not to get a full demo version of JoS, or at least demos for each of the 5 parts

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Honestly, anything that was worth releasing from C&V (if it even existed) probably already got released

• Like 2

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Jesus of Suburbia demo is only 2 minutes, so guessing it's section 1 of the full song. Homecoming's demo is 10 minutes so is the full song (with some additional stuff maybe since it's a minute longer). I'm wondering if any of those extra demos with new names are other sections of JoS? It seems weird not to get a full demo version of JoS, or at least demos for each of the 5 parts

Oh you're right, I didn't notice. Yeah, maybe they are early recordings of some JoS sections, but I would love to get completely new stuff, even if JoS is my favorite GD song haha

Homestly, an extended version of BIAB would be the best thing in the world to release along side this.  The nostalgia would hit so fucking hard😵

But this is really cool, cannot wait to get my hands on this!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

It's surprising how almost none of the songs in the supposed B-sides CD was released considering it looked completely ready for release. At the same time it makes much more sense to release the Studio 880 demos first considering they're the ones in contention for the actual AI sessions rather than leftovers from C&V. 

Edited by JazzMaster24
  • Like 1

i was expecting cigarettes and valentines stuff 😭

that's on me 😪

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stewe said:

Too bad we're not getting the full NY show 

The CD singles and Pro-Shot footage fill in the gaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

The CD singles and Pro-Shot footage fill in the gaps.

I saw that, but it'd be cool to have the whole show on a CD

• Like 2

Just now, Stewe said:

I saw that, but it'd be cool to have the whole show on a CD

True. I definitely won't deny that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Went ahead and added the information we know so far (tracks, album art) to AOTY for anyone still looking outside of AUS!

This reissue is big, but not as big as Dookie’s. I’m grateful to be getting demos, but I really wish they would include MORE. As much as I love the live tracks 😂

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/album/1041028-green-day-american-idiot-20th-anniversary-deluxe-edition.php

I was hoping C&V stuff in here but it seems we won't get that... yet.

I like we will get Irving Plaza and AI demos. The rest is material from singles and special releases from that era. I would love to get more unreleased studio tracks... maybe for 30th anniversary???

Rats, I thought at first there was video footage of Storytellers and Irving Plaza, would love high quality versions of those shows.

• Like 4

Disappointed were not getting the full VH1 story tellers.

Are We The Waiting & St. Jimmy were previously released on a Jesus of Suburbia single.

Give Me Novacaine & Homecoming were previously released on Wake Me Up When September Ends singles.

The Irving Plaza show is cool but was really hoping for the full story teller show.

Edited by Rusty.Jones
edited for clarity.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jengd said:

Rats, I thought at first there was video footage of Storytellers and Irving Plaza, would love high quality versions of those shows.

They are releasing a "visualizer" video for Holiday/BOBD Demo (a preview is available on iTunes Australia) and they used cool backstage and live footage (not everything has been released like BIAB). So maybe they are including a DVD in a physical box set? Or at least they use the footage in the (hopefully) upcoming documentary (I'm cautious since HLAHG was released on DVD whenever).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Guess we need to wait for details.

Tomorrow will have the announcement 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe in a few years we'll get a 25th anniversary box set for The Network and the demo versions for those songs will be the C&V album 😂

• Like 2

Severe cope on my end but it could be done as a separate thing or it could be talked about or glimpses of it in the doc too... we'll see!

• Confused 1