American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

I'm guessing that people will start to recieve their CD's and Vinyl's today, tomorrow and on friday, so probably gonna stay of this forum until saturday so you guys don't spoil the unheard songs for me 😂
Just got a confirmation that mine is on the way so really exctied about this!

3 hours ago, purplebenny said:

vinyl box is with the post office

Delivery tomorrow 🙌

If it’s at your local one you can probably call them to hold it for you to pick up today, assuming you’re US

Mine is en route! So non-zero chance I will get in on Friday! :dance: I'll be stepping out of here as soon as the first person gets it and until I've consumed everything in it though, because I don't want any more spoilers. 😅

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

If it’s at your local one you can probably call them to hold it for you to pick up today, assuming you’re US

Na Ireland and coming from a record store in Dublin, but it’ll 100% be here in the morning

I keep forgetting this is coming out on Friday!! Since I avoided ordering from the official GD store, it should get here on time...I hope :lol:

• Like 1

I pre ordered the vinyl boxset from the Green Day UK store literally when preorders went live and it hasn’t been shipped yet so I have no hope in it arriving here Friday. 

I think I have learnt my lesson after this happening before with 2 Saviors vinyl preorders. 

I think if it doesn’t arrive on Friday I will be ordering elsewhere in future! 

15 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:

I pre ordered the vinyl boxset from the Green Day UK store literally when preorders went live and it hasn’t been shipped yet so I have no hope in it arriving here Friday. 

I think I have learnt my lesson after this happening before with 2 Saviors vinyl preorders. 

Same, can’t remember what made me order from Warners directly as they have never fulfilled an order on time for me.

Semi related, but have just noticed that some of the American Idiot music videos have been upgraded to 4K, those being American Idiot, WMUWSE, and Jesus of Suburbia but only the long version, not the short one. Maybe it's progressively being added to all, or just those.

The American Idiot one looks so bright now, it's one of the most interesting ones imo

Oh and also, the American Idiot video is uncensored too which is a nice touch

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

Same, can’t remember what made me order from Warners directly as they have never fulfilled an order on time for me.

I got a reply saying that pre orders are dispatched around the order date? Now I know that it will definitely be the last time I pre order again direct! What’s the point in pre ordering! 

I think it won’t arrive till next week which is apparently shocking. I went on twitter and Reddit and noticed people have had the same experience as well. 

• Like 1

I listened to TRE and had a thought. I wonder if the first part in Dirty Rotten Bastard is Wasteaway from Warning/C&V? It sounds like something from warning and feels out of place on the album, except Walk Away, which happens to be a song that was around a long before by name atleast (plus sounding kinda like warning aswell making it more suspicious lol)

12 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

I listened to TRE and had a thought. I wonder if the first part in Dirty Rotten Bastard is Wasteaway from Warning/C&V? It sounds like something from warning and feels out of place on the album, except Walk Away, which happens to be a song that was around a long before by name atleast (plus sounding kinda like warning aswell making it more suspicious lol)

Haha this is pretty wild, because just a few hours ago I listened to Dirty Rotten Bastard (for this very reason, because my memory told me it felt like something from 2000-2002 era and I wanted to refresh my memory) and thought pretty much the same -- that you could easily imagine this song (in an earlier version) sounding like something off Warning.

Since Dirty Rotten Bastards also happens to be a sort of "Jesus of Suburbia Light" kind of song, over 6 minutes long with several different parts seemingly glued together from different ideas, who knows if any of them might show up somewhere in the 20th Anniversary demos.

Since I've theorized in the past that Forever Now (atleast the first part of it) might be connected to "End of the world" (on the AI B-side disc photo) somehow, I wouldn't rule out that could show up too. But probably not, if so they would have had a different name for it when the demo was made.

But yeah, the titles we haven't heard about before will probably end up just being more fleshed out versions of parts from Jesus of Suburbia/Homecoming sadly... But one can always dream!

Edited by Dysfunco
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Elxufinnishidiot said:

Honestly I feel like if they were gonna release Wasteaway they would just release it in its unaltered state

I also wanna say that C&V was described as a return to form post warning (AKA it probably would have sounded like Haha/poprocks/Scumbag)

52 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:

I got a reply saying that pre orders are dispatched around the order date? Now I know that it will definitely be the last time I pre order again direct! What’s the point in pre ordering! 

I think it won’t arrive till next week which is apparently shocking. I went on twitter and Reddit and noticed people have had the same experience as well. 

Yeah unfortunately this is why I try to avoid ordering from Warner. I always have an issue. My stuff never arrives in time and they never provide updates. I usually have to send a bunch of angry emails before they send me a tracking number only to show that my order won't be delivered for another 2 weeks. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah unfortunately this is why I try to avoid ordering from Warner. I always have an issue. My stuff never arrives in time and they never provide updates. I usually have to send a bunch of angry emails before they send me a tracking number only to show that my order won't be delivered for another 2 weeks. 

Yeah, they are awful. My worst experience with them was with the No Fun Mondays vinyl, which got shipped two MONTHS after the release date 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Whatshisnamee said:

I also ordered directly from the Green Day web store, same as for the Saviors album. This one seems to be on track to be delivered on time. But I did pay extra to have the tracked shipping though. And I did that precisely because with Saviors it took a few days to arrive after the release date, and I simply had no idea if it had been shipped on time or how long it would take and I was going a bit crazy because of that. 

Hope yours come on time too. 

9 minutes ago, Cris. said:

I also ordered directly from the Green Day web store, same as for the Saviors album. This one seems to be on track to be delivered on time. But I did pay extra to have the tracked shipping though. And I did that precisely because with Saviors it took a few days to arrive after the release date, and I simply had no idea if it had been shipped on time or how long it would take and I was going a bit crazy because of that. 

Hope yours come on time too. 

I didn’t get the option for that shipping method! Just got offered standard from the Green Day store. I would’ve gone for that as well if I had it as an option. I am glad yours has been shipped and hopefully yours turns up on time ☺️ 

Hopefully my strongly worded email will do something but I don’t hold much hope! I’m just so excited to get this box set and can’t wait to watch the documentary. Had plans to come off duty Friday and get home and watch it but looks seriously unlikely now 😔

38 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah I have learnt my lesson now with this, I just as the official bands store it’s shocking. I know they’ll have high volume of sales with the anniversary stuff and new record this year but that’s no excuse to not fulfil pre orders.

I have sent a strongly worded email and will see what they say as the automated response I got was BS. They stated that pre orders are not always sent before or on the date  of release which they should make that more clear on the products page. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Whatshisnamee said:

I didn’t get the option for that shipping method! Just got offered standard from the Green Day store. I would’ve gone for that as well if I had it as an option. I am glad yours has been shipped and hopefully yours turns up on time ☺️ 

Hopefully my strongly worded email will do something but I don’t hold much hope! I’m just so excited to get this box set and can’t wait to watch the documentary. Had plans to come off duty Friday and get home and watch it but looks seriously unlikely now 😔

Yeah I have learnt my lesson now with this, I just as the official bands store it’s shocking. I know they’ll have high volume of sales with the anniversary stuff and new record this year but that’s no excuse to not fulfil pre orders.

I have sent a strongly worded email and will see what they say as the automated response I got was BS. They stated that pre orders are not always sent before or on the date  of release which they should make that more clear on the products page. 

I agree it's shockingly bad! It's all Warner. Their shipping rates are already too high and they can't even make up for it with decent shipping. I think the worse is when I ordered the Nimrod foam finger. I never got any updates aside from my order confirmation. I had to threaten to cancel my order until they finally sent a shipping update. 

Another bad Warner experience I had was when I pre-order Creeper's album. I get it...relatively on time...and it's damaged. A big ass scratch in the vinyl. So I email them about it. They had the nerve to say oh well we can't issue a refund to your card because the item was purchased 6 months again....aka when the pre-order went live. So I said...can you send me another? No we don't have anymore. I complained complained complained until they relented and sent me my refund via paypal so I could buy another copy elsewhere. I had to get one from the UK. Ridiculous. 

• Surprised 3

I only order at the official store if they have exclusive stuff (store-only vinyl variants, etc.) and this time I "had" to order the AI vinyl package, just because there's something extra included that's not in the other regular boxes (sigh).
Don't become collectors, kids - haha

Around 2013-2014 I ordered some t-shirts from an official GD store and there was some weird stuff sown into the t-shirt and I was able to see it clearly and I felt it when I wore it and I contacted the store and sent them pictures and they did not budge and told me that it was no production mishap and basically told me that it's bad luck for me and they did not offer anything in return - no refund, no sorry, nothing. From that day on I decided not to buy t-shirts from official GD stores and I think I barely bought new GD t-shirts since. Mostly also because I never LOVED any print that much to actually buy it. Recently the designs are getting better, but meh...not for me from the official stores. I have my standards (waves a cane in the air at all the young kids)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I agree it's shockingly bad! It's all Warner. Their shipping rates are already too high and they can't even make up for it with decent shipping. I think the worse is when I ordered the Nimrod foam finger. I never got any updates aside from my order confirmation. I had to threaten to cancel my order until they finally sent a shipping update. 

Another bad Warner experience I had was when I pre-order Creeper's album. I get it...relatively on time...and it's damaged. A big ass scratch in the vinyl. So I email them about it. They had the nerve to say oh well we can't issue a refund to your card because the item was purchased 6 months again....aka when the pre-order went live. So I said...can you send me another? No we don't have anymore. I complained complained complained until they relented and sent me my refund via paypal so I could buy another copy elsewhere. I had to get one from the UK. Ridiculous. 

See I’m in the UK and could’ve brought it from elsewhere but I wanted the exclusive items from the Green Day store because this album is my favourite album of all time and it also inspired me to get into music and play guitar etc etc. 

The UK shipping rates aren’t that bad I don’t think but they are bad when compared to level of service of getting the items on time. I don’t think it’s the delivery companies that are the problem it’s in fact the Warner store operators and works that couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat. Useless and unprofessional and unorganised in my opinion and experience I’ve had with them. 

the scratched vinyl you got sounds dreadful, I would’ve been the same as you and hounded them for a refund as that’s not good enough. But since talking to you guys in here about them and twitter and Reddit, Not one person has had a good experience with them I have found. Says a lot that! 

I will keep you posted and tell you what year it arrives at this rate 😂 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

I ordered from the Warner Store here in Australia, it has been shipped and is on its way.  I ordered the Dookie box set from them and it was shipped 3 weeks after release.  I only ordered again from the Warner Store to get the exclusive poster for my son.  I will be at least able to listen to the demos on Spotify here about 12 hours from now. 

• Like 1

I still wish the documentary would be available to stream or download. 

I mean, they could make it available exclusively with the box sets, but include a download link for example

• Like 2