American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

1 hour ago, roquer said:

I wasn't aware of the duration of Jesus demo, but this time I find it interesting. Like the other demos, many things sounds like the final released versions, but there are bits that I like.

Now looking at the duration of the full tracklist, Homecoming must contain all the songs, but Jesus only has Jesus. The other songs were composed in the studio then?

11 Homecoming (Nobody Likes You)
12 Everyone's Breaking Down
13 Just Another Year
14 Lowlife

If that's the case I really hope 12 thru 14 are songs we've never heard before, and not just demo sections of Homecoming. Just Another Year could very well be Lately (One More Year) from the Cigs and Valentine's sessions. ☺️

• Like 1

I've loved all the demos that have come out over the past few years

• Like 1

JOS demo has been the best demo released until now... However, being honest, I am not impressed with the content showed from AI 20th these weeks. Don't get me wrong, that ending for JOS demo it is cool, but Wake me up and Holiday/BOBD are almost identical to final versions.

I still don't understand why they don't release unknown/unreleased songs from that era. I guess those tracks from  12 to 14 could be unreleased stuff. I remember back in 2004-2005, the band said they wrote/recorded around 35 SONGS in AI era. So do we have to guess, those unreleased songs were part from C&V??? Could be that the reason they don't bring those material in this new AI release???

• Like 4
  • Surprised 1

On 10/5/2024 at 10:05 PM, Insomniac1984 said:

JOS demo has been the best demo released until now... However, being honest, I am not impressed with the content showed from AI 20th these weeks. Don't get me wrong, that ending for JOS demo it is cool, but Wake me up and Holiday/BOBD are almost identical to final versions.

I still don't understand why they don't release unknown/unreleased songs from that era. I guess those tracks from  12 to 14 could be unreleased stuff. I remember back in 2004-2005, the band said they wrote/recorded around 35 SONGS in AI era. So do we have to guess, those unreleased songs were part from C&V??? Could be that the reason they don't bring those material in this new AI release???

Completely agree. Maybe they're saving some stuff in the vault for future anniversary releases? 10 years from now, we could be seeing that release of C&V. Even if we know most of the songs at this point from trickling out through other projects, it would be really cool to hear the beginnings and original ideas for those songs. 

On 10/6/2024 at 1:57 AM, fatherotti said:

11 Homecoming (Nobody Likes You)
12 Everyone's Breaking Down
13 Just Another Year
14 Lowlife

If that's the case I really hope 12 thru 14 are songs we've never heard before, and not just demo sections of Homecoming. Just Another Year could very well be Lately (One More Year) from the Cigs and Valentine's sessions. ☺️

According to Deezer, the track durations are:
11 Homecoming (Nobody Likes You) - 10:18
12 Everyone's Breaking Down - 3:51
13 Just Another Year - 1:55
14 Lowlife - 3:44

So Homecoming must be the whole song with all the "bits" and the other three looks like new songs. But, until a few days, we can't be sure.

About the C&V songs, I was expecting those songs too, maybe for a 30th anniversary, maybe they could re-record them. They had the balls to release the Mother of all...and I think that's a worse album than C&V (even without hearing the album, as I don't think they liked it either, as no songs from the album featured in the Hella Mega Tour), but that's just my opinion

• Like 1

On 10/10/2024 at 9:19 AM, roquer said:

According to Deezer, the track durations are:
11 Homecoming (Nobody Likes You) - 10:18
12 Everyone's Breaking Down - 3:51
13 Just Another Year - 1:55
14 Lowlife - 3:44

So Homecoming must be the whole song with all the "bits" and the other three looks like new songs. But, until a few days, we can't be sure.

About the C&V songs, I was expecting those songs too, maybe for a 30th anniversary, maybe they could re-record them. They had the balls to release the Mother of all...and I think that's a worse album than C&V (even without hearing the album, as I don't think they liked it either, as no songs from the album featured in the Hella Mega Tour), but that's just my opinion

I think the 'new songs" Will be other parts of Jesús of suburbia before put them together

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I think the 'new songs" Will be other parts of Jesús of suburbia before put them together

The only reason I don't think that is the structure of the demos. Every other song is in order of the album. Seems weird to have three parts of JoS shoehorned in at the end when every other song we know of is in order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Q-Man said:

The only reason I don't think that is the structure of the demos. Every other song is in order of the album. Seems weird to have three parts of JoS shoehorned in at the end when every other song we know of is in order.

This. And also the duration of the some of these. Everyone is Breaking Down and Lowlife are the length of regular songs. 

13 hours ago, Q-Man said:

I get it, but in the same lógic, all other songs from the albums are in the demos. Hope to be wrong and have 3 new songs

It's out next week 😁

My friend saw the album cover and didn't saw the grenade making the 0 in the 20. Honestly when you watch it quick you only read American Idiot 2.

Whoa Warfield! This has to be Sam Bayer's work. The analog film, specific ways of zooming and framing.. I love it.

Now THIS could've been a nice gift for the anniversary boxset. A full proper show from their prime days, almost like a sequel to Bullet In A Bible, with gems like Take Back, Disappearing Boy, J.A.R. and Rock The Casbah(!)..

• Love 2

i wonder if just like insomniac 25 we'll get other live performances of these songs outside of the three shows in the boxset

Some of you guys are really insatiable and above non realistic. It's bizarre.

The band have just released big Insomniac, nimrod and Dookie anniversary packages full of demos, b sides, videos, visualizers and whatnot, and you already want more? It's like, when is enough enough?

Do you really not see the absurdity of you hoping for band releasing anniversary editions every five years? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mato said:

Now THIS could've been a nice gift for the anniversary boxset. A full proper show from their prime days, almost like a sequel to Bullet In A Bible, with gems like Take Back, Disappearing Boy, J.A.R. and Rock The Casbah(!)..

From the video description.

Screenshot_20241018_145337.thumb.png.574ee19f85db154c7c32a0589b5ea435.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mato said:

Some of you guys are really insatiable and above non realistic. It's bizarre.

The band have just released big Insomniac, nimrod and Dookie anniversary packages full of demos, b sides, videos, visualizers and whatnot, and you already want more? It's like, when is enough enough?

Do you really not see the absurdity of you hoping for band releasing anniversary editions every five years? 

Well, I also love Pearl Jam and they release an official bootleg of almost every concert, so... Why not 😂?

51 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Well, I also love Pearl Jam and they release an official bootleg of almost every concert, so... Why not 😂?

Don't forget King Glizzard! (Dear east nowhere they have a lot of official bootlegs...)
 like what's stopping us from receiving 7/20/01 or bottom of the hill 99 on physical formats/streaming only or OR OR why just have a full show when we could confirm if songs like Jinx, Uptight, Deadbeats Holiday, Panic Song, Dont Wanna Fall In Love and Dirty Rotten Bastards were played live at the shows people claim that they were played at on setlist FM 😆

• Like 1
  • Love 1

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg 

It's... a... pro-shot... recording... from the WARFIELD SHOW???

I honestly think I might faint... 

D-d-d-does... this mean... they... have the... whole thing... on tape, somewhere? :runaround:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

From the video description.

Screenshot_20241018_145337.thumb.png.574ee19f85db154c7c32a0589b5ea435.png

Dang so no digital release? Am I really going to have to buy this thing?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Dang so no digital release? Am I really going to have to buy this thing?

I Will wait to know what's songs from warfield are included... If It has something different from the rest of the album like the surrender/bastards of young cover i'm going to have to buy It too

• Like 1

I very much doubt we'll see a lot footage from Warfield in the documentary and most of what we do get to see will be likely be partial clips or split up. Could be wrong I suppose, but it is a documentary after all, not a live DVD, so fair enough.

Still, the fact that even any part of the show was taped is the most exciting news to me in yonks. May well be years, perhaps decades until we ever get to hear/see it in full, but to be honest, I don't care. This is still fabulous news.

• Like 1