American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

Dookie was perfect

In nimrod one i missed b-sides, and not including desensitized and suffocate as Billie Joe "wish" once...

American idiot one IS too repetitive

if only i was a naive fan that didn't know abt everything, i could still be excited for everything else 😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WMUWSE is the same just sloppier and more raw. The ending swelling notes go on a little longer too.

41 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

WMUWSE is the same just sloppier and more raw. The ending swelling notes go on a little longer too.

oh right new zealand is earliuer than aus, i guess ill hear it in half an hour but am still interested

I was expecting something else with these demos. They sound better than some finished material out there. I hope the unknown tracks are totally new songs, otherwise it's not worth all the amount of money on the boxset

• Like 2

If majority of the american idiot demos  sounded like 95% same as the studio album then it's not worth it.

• Like 2

I think it’s definitely worth it.  I like the demos, Tokyo show (one of the best sounding shows imo), storytellers (same for this one), heart like a handgrenade (never bought it), and the shiny new documentary awaiting us. Oh yeahhh.  Both of those live shows sound better than bullet in a Bible imo 😃

• Like 1

That WMUWSE demo sounds more like something off Warning. Nasally Warning era Billie. I love it 🙂

• Like 4

I will say, as someone who collects just about everything they've put out, it does kind of stink having about 90% of this set already.

Didn't stop me from ordering the deluxe bundle, but still. 

It is neat to hear these demos, but I hope some of the others are drastically different. It is interesting how the WMUWSE demo doesn't have the lyric about Billie's dad in it.

1 hour ago, fatherotti said:

That WMUWSE demo sounds more like something off Warning. Nasally Warning era Billie. I love it 🙂

I thought this about the BLVD demo as well. Definitely gave me Warning-vocal vibes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

It is neat to hear these demos, but I hope some of the others are drastically different. It is interesting how the WMUWSE demo doesn't have the lyric about Billie's dad in it.

I can hardly believe the lyrics about his dad aren’t in this, it’s still a great song but those additional lyrics really make a difference imo! I feel that change really elevates the song.  I’m stunned it’s not there.

• Like 1

Ngl i'm here for the new songs. The demos sound quite similar.

Governator is literally a song from The Network

• Like 2

WMUWSE's demo isn't as good as Holiday/BOBD's imo. That version of the songs, even if it's very similar to the final product, seems like a version of those songs that I could see myself preferring over the album version. But still interesting to hear the new WMUWSE demo even if it's definitely not as good as the final product. The line about Billie's dad not being there also surprised me, would have assumed that was there from the start.

It's ok to be disappointed that these demos aren't more different but remember the band can only take what they have, there's probably a limited amount of demos that are decent enough quality to be released. I'd probably expect some of the non-single demos to be somewhat different from their final versions but it also makes sense for the band to be releasing the demos for the big singles first.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I can hardly believe the lyrics about his dad aren’t in this, it’s still a great song but those additional lyrics really make a difference imo! I feel that change really elevates the song.  I’m stunned it’s not there.

I imagine it's probably originally because he might have thought it too raw to keep performing it with the lyrics about his dad but eventually it just wasn't potent enough without? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

It is interesting how the WMUWSE demo doesn't have the lyric about Billie's dad in it.

Since they this week they were releasing demos/live version only for songs we already know, I thought it'd be safe to keep on reading this thread without any spoilers.

Clearly, I was wrong 😂

• Haha 3

I still maintain that we heard billies home demo of wake me up in the welcome to my panic. It's sounds different than the rest of the songs and he def sounds younger 

18 hours ago, nopride84 said:

I still maintain that we heard billies home demo of wake me up in the welcome to my panic. It's sounds different than the rest of the songs and he def sounds younger 

Interesting theory!

19 hours ago, nopride84 said:

I’ve agreed since it came out 

On 8/13/2024 at 5:21 PM, Gwen Stacy said:

1234 Go? They had a sale on the Nimrod box which is when I picked that up but I haven’t seen a sale on the Dookie box yet.

20% off all vinyl today (they have this sale the first Saturday of every month) - https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/093624862673

And a CD sale tomorrow for those interested (20% off 2nd Sunday of every month).

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 10:39 PM, JardyOfSuburbia said:

I thought this about the BLVD demo as well. Definitely gave me Warning-vocal vibes.

I’m not surprised. They started working on AI in 2001, according to Billie on the audiobook. This one in particular though I feel has been in his pocket for ages probably. Probably pre dates Warning even. Just my thoughts :) 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:54 PM, nopride84 said:

What’s welcome to my panic?