American Idiot 20th Anniversary Announcement + Holiday/BoBD Demo out Friday!

Jon Benjamin

5 hours ago, Flashback said:

Hopefully some cinema screenings for the documentary :)

Omg that'd be amazing to go to an irl cinema to watch Green Day, sort of like what Metallica did

• Like 2

Never was a fun of those "Dolby vision" versions etc. I like to hear the music through good open back headphones as it was supposed to be from the band. I understand how the concept is cool though.

The anniversary album still isn't available for me on apple music though do we know in how many hours it's supposed to be out or is my app glitched?

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, alecandstuff said:

I’m not sure who would want to hear this, but I just checked tonight and American Idiot has been mixed and released in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music

….it sounds incredible. There’s so many little details in this version that you simply don’t hear as well or at all in any other version. Highly recommend for AI fanatics like myself :runaround:

For me it still says it's in Lossless?

The only album that's in Atmos is Saviors 

25 minutes ago, ThranaM said:

For me it still says it's in Lossless?

The only album that's in Atmos is Saviors 

You need to go to the original album, not the anniversary and not the weird “let’s throw these songs together” version 

but it is there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petros said:

Never was a fun of those "Dolby vision" versions etc. I like to hear the music through good open back headphones as it was supposed to be from the band. I understand how the concept is cool though.

The anniversary album still isn't available for me on apple music though do we know in how many hours it's supposed to be out or is my app glitched?

I get the sentiment, though I’d argue the record isn’t exactly “as it was meant to be heard” since it, as well as many other albums of that era (and even now), they’re all heavily compressed to the point I’d say you actually LOSE detail

Of course it’s a matter of preference, but the fact is this format does allow more space to hear the full performance, given you have a great person behind the boards. In this case, it’s CLA who this forum loves already lol

Either way, this version is a great listen for those who want a little more dynamic AI listen. WMUWSE in particular, rules!

• Like 2

I suppose this was talked before in this thread, but everytime I head the "demos", I can't think in other thing more than "Sound more like an alternate mix rather than the demos".
If this are the demos, are almost as polished as the album, just a few more things here and there and the lyrics have minor changes, to my ears at least.

If I have time, I would check the whole thread just to see your impressions.

Dolby atmos version sounds pretty interesting. Doesn't beat the 2009 180g vinyl re-issue or 2012 HDTracks masterings though. I think those are still the best this album has ever sounded imo. 

EDIT: Give Me Novacaine and She's a Rebel sound incredible though. That sweet sweet bass :wub:

• Like 1

Would I need wired headphones to benefit from Atmos? I have a USB connection for my Bluetooth over-ears but not sure what tech is needed.

56 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Dolby atmos version sounds pretty interesting. Doesn't beat the 2009 180g vinyl re-issue or 2012 HDTracks masterings though. I think those are still the best this album has ever sounded imo. 

EDIT: Give Me Novacaine and She's a Rebel sound incredible though. That sweet sweet bass :wub:

I love that you actually get to hear the bass way more across this version, even the orchestral hits during the latter half of JoS. So many bright spots to this version, I’m so happy!

I was messing around using VPN to check out what's available and not by Green Day on Spotify, when i used Japan i came across this American Idiot and it must be a new "new" release based on the number of listeners, is this something that might be released worldwide the next few days?, or is it more like a Japan exclusive?

https://postimg.cc/4nYxxdDk

22 minutes ago, alekshf96 said:

I was messing around using VPN to check out what's available and not by Green Day on Spotify, when i used Japan i came across this American Idiot and it must be a new "new" release based on the number of listeners, is this something that might be released worldwide the next few days?, or is it more like a Japan exclusive?

https://postimg.cc/4nYxxdDk

This is just the normal AI, but the anniversary release will be split into separate songs, unlike the one that's available now where some of the tracks are connected

It is the normal AI, but all the tracks are split, i thought the normal AI didnt have split tracks on Spotify?

Happy 20th

460844891_10234234041331887_768921969186

460956203_10234233991530642_275125948726

thepunkrockmuseum

Happy 20th anniversary @greenday American Idiot! Today we open this interactive experience where people can take their picture against the actual striped wall that @greenday shot their promo photos for American Idiot against with photographer Marina Chavez @marinachavezphotographs back in 2004. We have enlarged proof sheets from the shoot, as well as relevant artifacts from the time period with the striped wall motif including personal tour itineraries. Come take photo or 5!

https://www.instagram.com/p/DAMUSHtvrgG/?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/21/2024 at 9:16 PM, MillenniumFan said:

The american idiot on apple music is the hdtracks 2012 version (The Regular tracklist and not the "let's stick these songs together release)

If you make your spotify region set in Japan, you will be able to access the separated tracks on American Idiot, looks like not many people are onto it with how little listens they have so far
image.png?ex=66f44780&is=66f2f600&hm=fc1

• Like 2

GD just announced:

Next 3 songs off the American Idiot 20th Anniversary Super Deluxe drop Friday 🔥

Jesus of Suburbia (Demo)
Shoplifter 
Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Live at Irving Plaza, New York, NY, 9/21/04)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JoS demo!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

JoS demo!!!!!!!!

giphy.webp

• Haha 2

Idk, this whole thing is pretty disappointing. All I’m looking forward to is the documentary.

• Like 3

So far the nimrod and insomniac anniversaries to me were more exciting…so many of these new or unheard AI songs have already been released (shoplifter/favorite son/govemator) and some of the soon to be live songs have already been released as well….looking forward to 21st Century Breakdown anniversary addition that should be interesting 

• Like 3