Green Day nominated for VMA for 'Dilemma'

Montclare

26 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Green Day nominated for a VMA?! I wonder if they'll be there. This is something I haven't seen in a long time!! This takes me back to the good ol days of AI when Green Day made an appearance at nearly every award show.

I would say they won't be there. The awards ceremony will be on September 10th and they have a concert in Austin that night.

• Sad 2

Green Day's X post about it

Billie posted it on his Instagram story too 

• Like 4

Great ❤️ How are the chances for them to win? I could imagine Coldplay is a very tough competitor 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone has been voting

• Like 1

They deserve to win this so much. It's such a well-made, honest and brave video🥲

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/8/2024 at 3:56 AM, Flashback said:

Great ❤️ How are the chances for them to win? I could imagine Coldplay is a very tough competitor 🤔

Who would have thought that lenny kravitz would get us 

• Sad 2

They also won 0 WMA’s until good riddance…and ever since they lost viewed choice to p-Diddy in 98 I don’t believe MTV actually counts votes….no way GD got swept in the 90’s and lost like 18-20 nominations…so Kravitz beating them not surprised since Basket Case lost every nomination as did Longview and like I said they won their 1st in 98 and lost everything else aside from the AI era…so VMA’s mean nothing anymore 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, billy1986 said:

They also won 0 WMA’s until good riddance…and ever since they lost viewed choice to p-Diddy in 98 I don’t believe MTV actually counts votes….no way GD got swept in the 90’s and lost like 18-20 nominations…so Kravitz beating them not surprised since Basket Case lost every nomination as did Longview and like I said they won their 1st in 98 and lost everything else aside from the AI era…so VMA’s mean nothing anymore 

Well, they gave Katy Perry the “Most Iconic VMA Performance” award last night, beating out Madonna performing Like a Virgin, Gaga performing Paparazzi, and Eminem performing The Real Slim Shady, so I’m gonna say…yeah, they can’t possibly count votes lol because what is this.

• Like 4

They showed a glimpse of their MTV 1994 performance of Armantage Shanks in one of their segments

• Like 1

Do we really care about awards anyway? 

Green Day is fucking everywhere right now. And THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flashback said:

Yes at least I do, since every award usually leads to a boost in streams and sales for the artist and therefore the well deserved recognition Green Day should get for Saviors :)

I don't even know who won what. So they're not gonna boost their stream with me 😅

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Flashback said:

Yes at least I do, since every award usually leads to a boost in streams and sales for the artist and therefore the well deserved recognition Green Day should get for Saviors :)

But isn’t MTV totally irrelevant these days? 😅

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 3:01 PM, CherryBombs&Gasoline said:

But isn’t MTV totally irrelevant these days? 😅

Well, the VMAs also cause big headlines in Europe, so the awards are definitely relevant 😅

• Like 1