Which live show will they put for it? I'm hoping Storytellers personally

They filmed Wembley apparently...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flynn said:

Which live show will they put for it? I'm hoping Storytellers personally

Warfield 🤞

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

"I faught the law" finally on a physical track ?? 

Technically it was on a physical release. A Promo CD to be more accurate.

OC00NTc0LmpwZWc.jpeg

But yes, I got your point... and I like it, too. I guess Favorite son, Too much too soon, Governator and When its time will be included too.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Technically it was on a physical release. A Promo CD to be more accurate.

OC00NTc0LmpwZWc.jpeg

But yes, I got your point... and I like it, too. I guess Favorite son, Too much too soon, Governator and When its time will be included too.

I mean a comercial one... Was recorded months before american idiot... Maybe they recorded other covers like surrender or bastards of Young, played live on that times 

1 minute ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I mean a comercial one... Was recorded months before american idiot... Maybe they recorded other covers like surrender or bastards of Young, played live on that times 

Talking about covers, I know 19th Nervous Breakdown (by Rolling Stones) was recorded on Nimrod era. However, there is a picture posted by John Roecker in which there is a CD with many unreleased tracks from AI era (some of them used for later records/projects), including that cover. This CD would be part of an AI special release. 

with-the-hype-of-the-american-idiot-anni

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Insomniac1984 said:

Talking about covers, I know 19th Nervous Breakdown (by Rolling Stones) was recorded on Nimrod era. However, there is a picture posted by John Roecker in which there is a CD with many unreleased tracks from AI era (some of them used for later records/projects), including that cover. This CD would be part of an AI special release. 

with-the-hype-of-the-american-idiot-anni

It was supposed to be on C&V

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Or maybe a special Punk Bunny roast? 🤔

Whatever, if the box is that big, it's gonna be pretty expensive. My poor bank account 😅

• Like 1

Because of the Punk Bunny repost and Keurig tag I’m thinking some coffee related bundle with new AI merch

• Like 3

That's an awfully thick box set. Maybe, hopefully, perhaps they "recovered" the C&V masters?

Unless you're the type who believes that C&V wound up being pieced out and split between the Trilogy albums. Or that FBHT's album was actually C&V minus the title song. Whatever. If you think that it is still buried in a vault somewhere, hopefully this is when it sees the light of day. I don't expect it to hold a candle to AI, 21CB, any of the newer stuff except the shitstain that was FOAM, but it would be cool to hear where Green Day's heads were at musically before waking up musically (on October 1?)

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Because of the Punk Bunny repost and Keurig tag I’m thinking some coffee related bundle with new AI merch

Probably. If they are going to do a special edition release for AI though, surely first choice for live material ought to be BIAB, the whole concert(s)?

VHS storytellers comes in as close second though. It‘s possible that they don‘t own the rights to the video footage, but they ought to be able to release the audio in full. 

18 hours ago, Undómiel said:

They filmed Wembley apparently...

EDIT: I was wrong, sorry.

((According to whom? I didn‘t see any hard evidence for that at the time. They had the usual live video footage camera teams out transmitting their feed to the big screens for the crowd and they are also known to record parts of that feed for promotional purposes, i.e. Insta/TikTok or YouTube shorts, but that‘s about it.))

I always thought C&V was MM2020, no?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Probably. If they are going to do a special edition release for AI though, surely first choice for live material ought to be BIAB, the whole concert(s)?

VHS storytellers comes in as close second though. It‘s possible that they don‘t own the rights to the video footage, but they ought to be able to release the audio in full. 

According to whom? I didn‘t see any hard evidence for that at the time. They had the usual live video footage camera teams out transmitting their feed to the big screens for the crowd and they are also known to record parts of that feed for promotional material for Insta/TikTok or YouTube shorts, but that‘s about it.

See the Wembley thread. There were multiple posts from different members of the film team and a very large (20+) camera crew. Much more than for just archives or a live feed. Their own camera crew of Baxley and Schneider usually take the film for social media.  One of the camera operators said they were looking forward to seeing the final result, another compared the experience to BIAB. They definitely filmed it for a future release

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I always thought C&V was MM2020, no?

That’s what one fan was told. Personally I think most of those songs have already been released in one form or another on various albums, deluxe editions and side projects.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

See the Wembley thread. There were multiple posts from different members of the film team and a very large (20+) camera crew. Much more than for just archives or a live feed. Their own camera crew of Baxley and Schneider usually take the film for social media.  One of the camera operators said they were looking forward to seeing the final result, another compared the experience to BIAB. They definitely filmed it for a future release

Hmm ok I stand corrected then, my apologies. I was there myself and didn’t notice much going on, but I think that’s partially because they were perhaps being deliberately discrete about it. In the past when they’ve filmed gigs for BIAB, AAF or MTV worldstage, they’ve always had one or several camera cranes out for crowd shots. That’s usually the tell tale sign of a proper recording taking place. 

But I can see them filming (parts of) the show without that, perhaps with a drone or just with more camera operators, to stay discreet or, and this I think is more likely, because they don’t intend to release the whole thing as a concert movie, at least not initially, rather as a part of some other project, perhaps the upcoming AI documentary. 

“Excited to see the final result” could of course be as banal as a tour recap movie or some other promotional video, but I grant that you are unlikely to hire such a big crew just for that.

So if I had to place a bet, I’d say AI documentary for now, but that is only speculation. 

35 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

According to whom? I didn‘t see any hard evidence for that at the time. They had the usual live video footage camera teams out transmitting their feed to the crowd monitors and they are also known to record parts of that feed for promotional material for Insta/TikTok or YouTube shorts, but that‘s about it.

We already have BIAB. In dookie 30 and nimrod 25 they gave us unrealeased concerts. Hope the same for American idiot.

• Like 2

Didn't one of the people in the film crew at Wembley say they'd recorded the London Hella Mega show as well? Am I dreaming or did they also say that the Hella Mega recording was for themselves/family etc? (It's been a bad couple of weeks and I've been kinda distracted so maybe I've got all that mixed up :lol:)