Show off your Green Day "shrine" (or scrapbooks, frames, etc)

solongfromthestars

12 hours ago, jengd said:

I don’t keep my stuff together as I’m trying not to let on just how much I have but may have to get it together!

Definitely do it! It's so much fun to look at :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not a shrine exactly, but my diary entry (A4 book) about the Wembley Stadium show in 2010 was 16 pages long. It has no paragraphs, it's just 16 pages of writing. What the fork did I talk about?! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Undómiel said:

Not a shrine exactly, but my diary entry (A4 book) about the Wembley Stadium show in 2010 was 16 pages long. It has no paragraphs, it's just 16 pages of writing. What the fork did I talk about?! 

Understandable, the show was incredible! Opening alone deserves a few pages

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I left behind all of the tour t-shirts, magazine articles, and memorabilia I had collected when I left Venezuela. And my bass picks I got from Mike at the shows in NYC 2009 were pick pocketed (I foolishly kept them in my wallet and it was stole, only time I have been pick pocketed in my life). The only thing I brought with me was my Venezuelan flag that Billie took on stage at one of the those NYC shows before throwing it back at me. That flag also went to many protests with me, both before and after getting on stage with Green Day, so it has all sorts of sentimental value for me. 🥹

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Understandable, the show was incredible! Opening alone deserves a few pages

God, what a great song. And also, what a great opener. 

55 minutes ago, Undómiel said:

Oh my goooodddd.... all the feels. I remember the crushing after the 1,2 1,2,3,4 - genuinely thought I was gonna get squished. So worth it though. 

Some noteworthy quotations/outtakes: 

• "We found our place at Gate H and pulled up a patch of concrete to sit on. We stayed there for a while, but I was shivering violently so [my friends] went to find some coffee. Whilst they were gone, I got talking to the other crazy ass fans who were there at 6.30 in the morning. [My friends] came back with a cup of hot. No that's not me writing too fast, it stops after hot because the liquid in the cup was unidentifiable." 
  • "My friends brought a fitted bedsheet from IKEA because we were that cold. We ended up lying on the tarmac wrapped in the blue sheet next to each other to keep warm. We must have looked like a pack of sardines - just four heads, poking out of the top of this sheet!'

• "I saw Mike first, and by this point the screaming had reached the decibel level of an airport runway. Tré then ran on to more screams, and then I saw Billie. OMG BILLIE." <-- I was such a little fangirl. 
  • "[Billie] said he asked Jesus to clear the sky of clouds so that God could watch his favourite band play again, but got ignored, so he went to Jesus' best friend "Also known as Satan" and Satan said hell yeah he'd watch them play." 
  • "[During Boulevard of Broken Dreams] Billie got down on his hands and knees to worship the crowd."
  • Apparently, at one point, I thought Billie Joe actually looked at me when I motioned for him to come spray water on our side because he had a water gun. Yeah, sure Bryony, of course he noticed you. 
  • They played Dominated Love Slave with Beej on the drums. 
  • At the end of 'Hitchin A Ride' Billie came to the front and said he "wanted to fuck each and every one of us" <-- Um, I'm still waiting Beej. Tick, Tock. 
  • Apparently it was sweaty balls in the pit due to pyrotechnics. 
  • We also got 'When It's Time' which was to do this day is one of my fave songs. At that point it had only been out a week. I remember grabbing my best friends hand, and holding it as we sang. Crazy moment full of so much emotion. 

Billie speech - not sure when he gave this, or how accurate it is, 'cause it'll be from memory in my diary a few days later: "I'm not sure when we're coming back, but I'll tell you one thing, I'm going to remember this for the rest of my fucking life. Yeah, we'll come back. We will come back. There ain't no other band I'd rather do this with. Bands break up, my favourite bands have broken up, some of my favourite people have died. The only way I'm getting out of this band is when they roll me away in a coffin, I'll tell you that.' 

There's a lot lot lot more in that entry, and some of it is batshit, so I'm not repeating it. But... fun trip down memory lane. 

That is so cool though that you have that written down and have kept it so now you can revisit it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, CristhyneS said:

I left behind all of the tour t-shirts, magazine articles, and memorabilia I had collected when I left Venezuela. And my bass picks I got from Mike at the shows in NYC 2009 were pick pocketed (I foolishly kept them in my wallet and it was stole, only time I have been pick pocketed in my life). The only thing I brought with me was my Venezuelan flag that Billie took on stage at one of the those NYC shows before throwing it back at me. That flag also went to many protests with me, both before and after getting on stage with Green Day, so it has all sorts of sentimental value for me. 🥹

God, what a great song. And also, what a great opener. 

That is so cool though that you have that written down and have kept it so now you can revisit it. 

I've kept a diary ever since I was 13, so somewhere they'll be a written record of all the shows I've been to. I should dig 'em out and see what they say... 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Undómiel said:

Oh my goooodddd.... all the feels. I remember the crushing after the 1,2 1,2,3,4 - genuinely thought I was gonna get squished. So worth it though. 

• "We found our place at Gate H and pulled up a patch of concrete to sit on. We stayed there for a while, but I was shivering violently so [my friends] went to find some coffee. Whilst they were gone, I got talking to the other crazy ass fans who were there at 6.30 in the morning. [My friends] came back with a cup of hot. No that's not me writing too fast, it stops after hot because the liquid in the cup was unidentifiable." 
  • "My friends brought a fitted bedsheet from IKEA because we were that cold. We ended up lying on the tarmac wrapped in the blue sheet next to each other to keep warm. We must have looked like a pack of sardines - just four heads, poking out of the top of this sheet!'

• "I saw Mike first, and by this point the screaming had reached the decibel level of an airport runway. Tré then ran on to more screams, and then I saw Billie. OMG BILLIE." <-- I was such a little fangirl. 
  • "[Billie] said he asked Jesus to clear the sky of clouds so that God could watch his favourite band play again, but got ignored, so he went to Jesus' best friend "Also known as Satan" and Satan said hell yeah he'd watch them play." 
  • "[During Boulevard of Broken Dreams] Billie got down on his hands and knees to worship the crowd."
  • Apparently, at one point, I thought Billie Joe actually looked at me when I motioned for him to come spray water on our side because he had a water gun. Yeah, sure Bryony, of course he noticed you. 
  • At the end of 'Hitchin A Ride' Billie came to the front and said he "wanted to fuck each and every one of us" <-- Um, I'm still waiting Beej. Tick, Tock. 
  • We also got 'When It's Time' which was to do this day is one of my fave songs. At that point it had only been out a week. I remember grabbing my best friends hand, and holding it as we sang. Crazy moment full of so much emotion. 

Billie speech - not sure when he gave this, or how accurate it is, 'cause it'll be from memory in my diary a few days later: "I'm not sure when we're coming back, but I'll tell you one thing, I'm going to remember this for the rest of my fucking life. Yeah, we'll come back. We will come back. There ain't no other band I'd rather do this with. Bands break up, my favourite bands have broken up, some of my favourite people have died. The only way I'm getting out of this band is when they roll me away in a coffin, I'll tell you that.' 

There's a lot lot lot more in that entry, and some of it is batshit, so I'm not repeating it. But... fun trip down memory lane. 

It was so good! Awesome to have details like this written down to remember it better

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:13 PM, jengd said:

I don’t keep my stuff together as I’m trying not to let on just how much I have but may have to get it together!

I'm the same! 🤣 I normally have a couple of framed tickets on my wall, and then the rest of my stuff is under my bed, (although I imagine my collection/accumulation is not as impressive as most anyway!lol)

13 hours ago, Undómiel said:

This is so epic! 🫶 It's bringing back memories for me because I was at the show too! I wish I kept detailed dairies now!

I'm loving this thread! It's definitely giving me some ideas of what to do with some of my bits and bobs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

My gaming room is practically a Green Day room now 😅
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D
img%5D

Damn that set up is pretty sick

• Love 1

Wait, I didn't realize I was supposed to have a shrine. 🤣At any rate, I do have some stuff in my office that keeps me sane. Below is the poster over my desk as well as my Funko Pops and a puzzle that a friend got me last Christmas (and I still haven't yet put it together and I feel terrible about that LOL.

453262796_2606256362879109_3014192909078

453259577_2606256369545775_3347306272007

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Goodness, I forgot my jigsaws, the ones which came out a few years ago!  So much stash 😂😂

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, The Grohl said:

My Green Day stuff is either put away or spread out, but here are some of my mini shrines

(Yes, that is the foam finger from the GD store that I bitched endlessly about on GDC :lol:)

(If you squint you can see my Network trading cards behind Mike, Billie's baseball card behind....Billie...and my old Green Day phone case behind Tre). There are Green Day picks in the little tin. Shout out to James and Trent Reznor in the corner.

I framed my Saviors listening party swag :)

So now I think my brain is deliberately hiding my stuff, I have the Saviors listening party poster on my fridge, walk past it 40 times a day and forgot to “declare” it 😂😂

• Haha 4