Random Green Day News - 2024

Fuzz

Mandela affect in full flow. 

I could have SWORN it was wembley. 😅

48 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Yeah, it was Rosemont. There was a lot of talk about how poignant it was because it was the first time they'd done it and no-one was expecting it. It was "Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?" on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour.

Holy shit really?? I had no idea!! I'd assumed they did on every tour beforehand. This makes the show so much more special! My first Green Day concert, the first show post rehab, AND the start of their Bohemian Rhapsody tradition? Really confirms my theory that Chicago is their favorite city :lol:

• Like 2

I don’t remember when they started it but I’m sure it wasn’t played in June 2010 at 21CBD.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2024 at 4:45 AM, jengd said:

I’m taking the credit for that 😂😂😂.  I don’t usually stream but I had AI on repeat most of yesterday on Spotify. 

If you listened to it for 20 hours straight, that'd only be about 400 plays.  ;)

WHAT?! LENNY KRAVITZ?! Out of all the acts nominated, they lost to Lenny Kravitz?! WHAT A BUNCH OF BALONEY! 

• Like 2

So they're playing two festivals in Germany next year...

What's the likelihood of getting more European shows whilst they're over here? 

Really hoping not just festivals. I am NOT a festival gal. 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2024 at 4:18 PM, Undómiel said:

Just posted about this in the European shows thread!lol! It is exciting. I'd take a festival show and it'd be fun, but nothing can beat a 'proper' tour.😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psycho Britney said:

Just posted about this in the European shows thread!lol! It is exciting. I'd take a festival show and it'd be fun, but nothing can beat a 'proper' tour.😆

I mean, if I *have* to I will, but a proper show beats it 100%.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2024 at 10:18 AM, Undómiel said:

I am sure they will announce more. I think Green Day going to Europe without stopping at the UK might be unheard of. So I think it's pretty much guarenteed they will announce some more dates & destinations. 

Now, if they will include some solo dates or not, I am less certain. But I am also crossing my fingers for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CristhyneS said:

I am sure they will announce more. I think Green Day going to Europe without stopping at the UK might be unheard of. So I think it's pretty much guarenteed they will announce some more dates & destinations. 

Now, if they will include some solo dates or not, I am less certain. But I am also crossing my fingers for that. 

Yeah they might just do festivals. Guess I'd be off to Leeds fest for the day again... 🙄

Wonder if they'll finally FINALLY headline Glastonbury. 

26 minutes ago, Undómiel said:

Yeah they might just do festivals. Guess I'd be off to Leeds fest for the day again... 🙄

Wonder if they'll finally FINALLY headline Glastonbury. 

I went saw them at Reading in 2013 and it was fun!lol! I'm kinda expecting it to be Glasto though, which would be epic in some ways but I don't have tickets for that and imagine next years is sold out already!🙄 On the plus side, it'll be shown on TV!😁 Selfishly, I hope they don't play Glastonbury!lol!

21 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

I went saw them at Reading in 2013 and it was fun!lol! I'm kinda expecting it to be Glasto though, which would be epic in some ways but I don't have tickets for that and imagine next years is sold out already!🙄 On the plus side, it'll be shown on TV!😁 Selfishly, I hope they don't play Glastonbury!lol!

Literally the same boat. I saw them at Leeds in 2013 lol 😅

And yeah it will be sold out. I felt selfish thinking that but I'm glad I'm not the only one! 😅

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 11:50 PM, Undómiel said:

Literally the same boat. I saw them at Leeds in 2013 lol 😅

And yeah it will be sold out. I felt selfish thinking that but I'm glad I'm not the only one! 😅

We can just be selfish together!😉🤭

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I bought it a few months ago via 1-2-3-4 Go! Records online. Not sure about the 30 pcs thing. It might only be 30 pcs a box and they got a few boxes. On Discogs it states 21 people (incl. me) have this. I'm not sure how accurate that number is in real life, but just a guesstimate that it was more than 30 records for this variant.
Thanks for notifying me though :)

• Like 1

A while back I saw someone posting song stats and LNOE was getting heavy plays and no one really understood why - it’s on tik tok a lot. Just lyric videos mostly but it gets a lot of likes etc. I first noticed it a while back and now I’m seeing it again. Guess it’s just hitting a nerve! Which is cool cause it’s not even that it’s getting attention for being green day, a lot of people are just liking it 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

A while back I saw someone posting song stats and LNOE was getting heavy plays and no one really understood why - it’s on tik tok a lot. Just lyric videos mostly but it gets a lot of likes etc. I first noticed it a while back and now I’m seeing it again. Guess it’s just hitting a nerve! Which is cool cause it’s not even that it’s getting attention for being green day, a lot of people are just liking it 

That’s one of those deep tracks that I’m glad to see casual fans discover and fall in love with. It deserves more attention 

• Like 1