Random Green Day News - 2024

Fuzz

looks like greenday could tour europe (germany) again around June 2025

one of germanys biggest major festivals (hurricane - southside) are teasing some sort of announcement (on thursday maybe?) and the hints point towards greenday being one of the headliners

now i hope they will finally play some solo-shows too in germany next year, its been a long time for a proper solo-show tour in europe (dodge the festivals pls)

• Surprised 1

Not to be a party pooper but surely in June it would just be huge shows and festivals again? I'd love a solo tour as much as anyone (these huge shows are just too much for me) but I don't know if it's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Jean said:

I spy Adie at 5:00

I loved this. 

Would love to know who the crew members is at 1.48/50ish... he's cute! 

Also I like to see how they all act before a show... Mike and Tré seem to be happy to goof around with each other, whereas Billie is pacing up and down, singing along and it seemed as if the camera guy knew not to get up in his face like he did with Mike... maybe he needs to be more focused and "on it" before stepping out. 

Also... I swear I heard a girl's voice from inside the Pink Bunny???

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think Billie has made it fairly well known he needs left in peace before a show. 

Oh yeah, I didn't mean it as it seems like a bad thing. I just think it's interesting to observe how the pre show habits differ... 😊

• Like 1

Absolutely loved that video. I love this type of content. :wub:

2 hours ago, Undómiel said:

You and me both.

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

Great video, I look at that crowd and will never understand how anyone can go out and perform, it would scare me rigid! I think Billie has made it fairly well known he needs left in peace before a show. 

I love public speaking, and sure the biggest crowd in which I have ever given a speech or talk was around 350 people, so I'm off by a factor of a 100 lol, but the adrenaline rush, that mix of anticipation, fear and excitement, right before starting is honestly the best part of it for me... it's like the feeling of going a roller coaster (again, for someone who loves roller coasters). So I get how people who feel that way about performing manage to go up there and do it, it must be sooo exhilarating. Now, how Billie, who has been so vocal about getting stage fright, does it I have no idea. Especially being that he is the one that does the most crowd interaction.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Jean said:

Watched this today and loved it so much. Still hoping we are going to get some kind of tour film.

5 hours ago, Undómiel said:

I always thought the bunny's hands looked female anyway.

• Like 1

Green Day have come up in the Linkin Park controversy.     Saw the headline "IS EMILY RELATED TO BILLIE JOE"  - No.  No she's not.    and just now, I saw one of the rage comments saying "imagine if Billie Joe died and they replaced with him wit Ted Nugent"     Whoa. 

I mean, I'd give Nugent Era Green a shot......maybe it could work. 

7 hours ago, Jean said:

I had to watch it twice to see Billie pacing :lol:

Looks like this was Wembley?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I initially thought so, but then the side and back of the stadium didn't look like that. Also it hadn't been raining and the stage was wet?

I always feel really sorry for the person inside the bunny. I mean, wearing that suit you have to deal with the filth and sweat (and smell) of decades 🤢

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ritz said:

I will be in Japan till 8th March! But fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Ah! That's unfortunate, I saw it and immediately thought of you. But at least you are seeing them in Japan anyways, and Japan is not a festival so it should be a nicer and longer Green Day show 😁

36 minutes ago, Susi Sour cream said:

I always feel really sorry for the person inside the bunny. I mean, wearing that suit you have to deal with the filth and sweat (and smell) of decades 🤢

Yes, must be hell in there. And I always thought they'd only put it on towards the end of Bohemian Rhapsody, to spend as little time as possible in there, but apparently not. 😅

4 hours ago, Undómiel said:

I initially thought so, but then the side and back of the stadium didn't look like that. Also it hadn't been raining and the stage was wet?

10 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I believe this is in Washington. My bf and I spotted the  W logo (which looks like the Walgreens logo) for the Washington Nationals.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Undómiel said:

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I believe this is in Washington. My bf and I spotted the  W logo (which looks like the Walgreens logo) for the Washington Nationals.

I thought it didn't look like Wembley but was confused by the guy shouting "England!" :lol:

I'm trying to remember the first time they played Bohemian Rhapsody before the show. Was it Rosemont in 2013 or did they start doing it at the shows in 2012? I should know the answer to this but I can't remember :lol:

My memory is telling me it was Rosemont because it just seemed so poignant at the time

8 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I thought it didn't look like Wembley but was confused by the guy shouting "England!" :lol:

I'm trying to remember the first time they played Bohemian Rhapsody before the show. Was it Rosemont in 2013 or did they start doing it at the shows in 2012? I should know the answer to this but I can't remember :lol:

My memory is telling me it was Rosemont because it just seemed so poignant at the time

I thought they'd been doing the Bohemian Rhapsody thing way before Rosemont 2013. Does some one know? Because if they launched it at that show, it makes that concert extra special for me :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I thought they'd been doing the Bohemian Rhapsody thing way before Rosemont 2013. Does some one know? Because if they launched it at that show, it makes that concert extra special for me :lol:

I'm positive it was Rosemont. Maybe @solongfromthestarsremembers. They definitely weren't using it during the 21CB era but I just can't remember if they used it at the few shows in 2012. I don't think so. As I say it just seemed super poignant at the time in Rosemont after everything having to be rescheduled 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

They did it at Wembley in 2010 so it's before then. It was one of my enduring memories of that show, hearing 75,000 people singing that song. Gave me fuckin' chills. 

1 hour ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I'm positive it was Rosemont. Maybe @solongfromthestarsremembers. They definitely weren't using it during the 21CB era but I just can't remember if they used it at the few shows in 2012. I don't think so. As I say it just seemed super poignant at the time in Rosemont after everything having to be rescheduled 

Yeah, it was Rosemont. There was a lot of talk about how poignant it was because it was the first time they'd done it and no-one was expecting it. It was "Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio?" on the 21st Century Breakdown Tour.

• Like 2