Random Green Day News - 2024

Fuzz

Had someone message me on Instagram: Billie Joe Armstrong (private account), thanking me for being such a good fan and wanting to chat. 

Seems TOTALLY legit... so why not. 

:')

• Haha 3

Albums that launched artists into stardom that weren't debuts

'Dookie' by Green Day (1994)

Early Green Day fans quickly point out that its first two albums, 39/Smooth (a glorified EP) and Kerplunk, are good and a raw form of pop punk. On Dookie, Green Day opened the door for the mainstream pop-punk explosion. It's a fun, fast-paced album, almost cartoonish in many ways, but safe enough that parents of middle schoolers didn't mind. Smash hit "Basket Case" still might be Green Day's best song.

https://www.yardbarker.com/entertainment/articles/the_25_best_breakthrough_albums_that_werent_debut_albums/s1__32729246#slide_24

Who's listened to the BJA 'Armchair Expert' episode?

3 hours ago, Undómiel said:

Who's listened to the BJA 'Armchair Expert' episode?

I did! I haven't paid attention to anything like that in years, so it was a fun listen. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Green Day was scheduled to perform an intimate show at the Q101 Lounge in Chicago today. Unfortunately, following the postponement of their Hersheypark Stadium concert (now rescheduled for September 2nd) due to Billie Joe’s voice issues, today’s Q101 Lounge performance has also been canceled. 😔 The band has assured us that they will reschedule this intimate show as well. They’re not yet certain about tomorrow’s concert at Wrigley Field, but for now, it looks like it’s still happening 
https://www.instagram.com/p/C-kmYkCtGeg/

Just saw this. Makes me wonder if the Chicago show is being postponed too.

• Sad 2

40 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Green Day was scheduled to perform an intimate show at the Q101 Lounge in Chicago today. Unfortunately, following the postponement of their Hersheypark Stadium concert (now rescheduled for September 2nd) due to Billie Joe’s voice issues, today’s Q101 Lounge performance has also been canceled. 😔 The band has assured us that they will reschedule this intimate show as well. They’re not yet certain about tomorrow’s concert at Wrigley Field, but for now, it looks like it’s still happening 
https://www.instagram.com/p/C-kmYkCtGeg/

Not surprised I’m sure Wrigley is their priority right now but if that has to be rescheduled too it will be. Get well soon Billie!

• Like 2

I kind of hope this has been postponed to ensure he is fit for tomorrow, would make sense to me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, She-Loves-Him said:

I did! I haven't paid attention to anything like that in years, so it was a fun listen. 

I kept going back over bits to listen to it again. It's so damn cute and special to learn all of these tidbits. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Undómiel said:

I kept going back over bits to listen to it again. It's so damn cute and special to learn all of these tidbits. 

I really loved that interview. And Marc Maron's WTF podcast interview is also very nice, similar style.

• Like 3

American Idiot will hit a billion streams in 31 days....unless you guys wanna make it sooner....

We can no listen to Holiday and Broken Dreams separately without going to the greatest hits.  HEY! Will the streaming numbers be broken up or what?    Holiday is one second longer, Broken Dreams is one second shorter.    NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Did anyone else just get the email from Green Day about the "Monsters & Saviors" skate film?

This is the link to the film. I haven't actually watched it yet. It's a collab between Green Day and Monster Energy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhuzzyPhriend said:

Did anyone else just get the email from Green Day about the "Monsters & Saviors" skate film?

This is the link to the film. I haven't actually watched it yet. It's a collab between Green Day and Monster Energy.

This played at my concert while they prepped the stage for Green Day, just with no sound.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, PhuzzyPhriend said:

Are they even in it? It just looks like a long form ad for the energy drink (which I’d never buy. Those things are bad for you)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Are they even in it? It just looks like a long form ad for the energy drink (which I’d never buy. Those things are bad for you)

Yeah, I don't drink that crap either. It's like a heart attack in a can LOL. I still need to get around to watching this; at the end of teaching a summer course so swamped right now, and it might be a few days before I get to this. Doesn't sound like I am missing much though.

Okay we now got several pics and videos by Billie and Jason on Instagram where we see a Gibson Les Paul Double Cut in TV Yellow which does definitely not look like a used model from the 50s. So how are the chances that we get a new signature model? 😍

• Like 1