Random Green Day News - 2024

Fuzz

The Oakland Coffee brand is very briefly mentioned here in amongst a wider explainer on why & how so many celebrities/bands currently have coffee brands.

It shouldn’t really surprise anyone but the likelihood is they don’t have all that much involvement in it and it’s more or less just an extensive marketing opportunity. Interesting video none the less!

Shame he didn’t try Oakland Coffee, the dark roast is amazing.  Not tried Punk Bunny yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

Shame he didn’t try Oakland Coffee, the dark roast is amazing.  Not tried Punk Bunny yet.

I have Soundcheck for Keurig it's honestly really good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2024 at 11:04 AM, Hermione said:

It just sounds like he was saying random jokey stuff like he usually would. I don't know why they would expect a free full meet and greet and autograph/photo session when just randomly seeing him, a couple minutes chat sounds good to me. Plenty of times they don't even stop to talk at all when leaving shows. Maybe a language barrier thing (considering they took offense to him "lying about his flyer" when he just made a light hearted comment).

This is what I took from it, too. I don’t think his humor/demeanor lands with everyone. I didn’t really see anything problematic with him in that story, other than not being overwhelmingly gracious like they seemed to expect. Out of the three guys, I always hear the worst fan interaction stories about Tre — I think Billie and Mike are naturally a bit friendlier or warmer, and Tre is more aloof (or just weird lmao) in a way that comes across poorly sometimes. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, That Dude said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_singles

I was curious about the biggest songs of all time.  Glad to see Green Day make the cut with Good Riddance.

I wonder what has given it the edge in sales over songs like Blvd and Basket Case. This can't be based only on streams. Boulevard was the best selling digital download for quite some time, so I'm just curious how Good Riddance "sold" more copies.

When I Come Around and Wake Me Up When September Ends along with 21 Guns has to be high too

This was tough, but I ranked the parts of Forever Now.  

Looks amazing, I don’t suppose we’ll be able to hear it!? Is that an internet station?

Help!!! Someone posted on discord the Hershey show is canceled cause someone is sick….can anyone confirm this?? I have a bus trip leaving in a couple hours….

On 8/6/2024 at 2:54 PM, Undómiel said:

I would literally jump into a hole before meeting Green Day in an uncontrolled setting. I would shrivel up and die. I'm 30 years old and still NOPE. 

God, same. One, I’d just turn bright red and probably not be able to speak. Two, I would hate it if I caught them in a bad moment and ended up with that impression of them overwriting 20 years of reasons why I love them. None of us are our best selves all the time and it would suck to catch someone you really admire like that. I adore them and for that exact reason I feel zero desire to meet them lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PhuzzyPhriend said:

OK, the phrase "uncontrolled setting" is killing me because it makes them sounds like some sort of zoo animals that need to have professional handlers so you can interact with them safely. 🤣

Having said that though, I completely agree with you. I would actually feel super nervous and self-conscious in meeting them, especially randomly. I honestly don't feel the need to interact with them. I am perfectly content to love them and their work from a safe distance LOL.

Hahaha. Have you see Tré?! That's exactly what I meant 😅. No just kidding, but yeah, I'd love to meet them at a meet and greet, or somehow in some kind of music/work related space. But just in public? As you say, what if they've just got off the phone saying a friends died, and then you bound up like "heeeeeyyyyy!" you're not gonna have a good time. 

41 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

God, same. One, I’d just turn bright red and probably not be able to speak. Two, I would hate it if I caught them in a bad moment and ended up with that impression of them overwriting 20 years of reasons why I love them. None of us are our best selves all the time and it would suck to catch someone you really admire like that. I adore them and for that exact reason I feel zero desire to meet them lol.

Right? 

I wouldn't mind meeting them in a work/music/show setting somehow, and be able to say how much their music has meant to me etc. but out in public, no thanks. 

Not to be crass (okay, to be a little bit crass), but I have literally fantasised about Billie since I was 15 years old. If he was in a bad mood and said something I construed the wrong way (which he is entitled to do, we all have bad days), I'd be crushed. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Undómiel said:

Hahaha. Have you see Tré?! That's exactly what I meant 😅. No just kidding, but yeah, I'd love to meet them at a meet and greet, or somehow in some kind of music/work related space. But just in public? As you say, what if they've just got off the phone saying a friends died, and then you bound up like "heeeeeyyyyy!" you're not gonna have a good time. 

Right? 

I wouldn't mind meeting them in a work/music/show setting somehow, and be able to say how much their music has meant to me etc. but out in public, no thanks. 

Not to be crass (okay, to be a little bit crass), but I have literally fantasised about Billie since I was 15 years old. If he was in a bad mood and said something I construed the wrong way (which he is entitled to do, we all have bad days), I'd be crushed. 

I completely agree! Too many people start these weird parasocial relationships with celebrities and start to think of them as their friends or something. But they are just people like the rest of us, and they don't deserve to be imposed on when they are just doing normal people stuff. They have a right to some privacy just like we all do. 

Also, I have fantasized about Billie since I was 13 (when AI came out) and I still am LOL, so nothing crass about that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, PhuzzyPhriend said:

OK, the phrase "uncontrolled setting" is killing me because it makes them sounds like some sort of zoo animals that need to have professional handlers so you can interact with them safely. 🤣

Having said that though, I completely agree with you. I would actually feel super nervous and self-conscious in meeting them, especially randomly. I honestly don't feel the need to interact with them. I am perfectly content to love them and their work from a safe distance LOL.

If I ran into them in public I’d try to keep my reaction discreet for their sake and just quickly say thanks for the inspiration. Might quickly tell them about the first time I connected with their music and why it had such an impact for me. If I could squeak in a pic quickly with their permission that’s a bonus and be off on my way. 

I’ve met a lot of hockey players and usually you can tell if they can or are willing to connect beyond that. With that I give a huge shoutout to Marc Andre Fleury who took around 3-5 mins to chat with me. Extremely nice guy who was genuinely interested in hearing my story about when I first saw him play during the WJC. I feel like Billie Joe is really similar in that regard. Even if he was rushed I wouldnt be disappointed, my job is hectic and I may only get 3-5 seconds to interact with people at times.

To add, about 6 years ago I connected with Branden from Rancid. We never met in person but we’d interact quite a bit through some messaging and online in general. He was also extremely friendly and we both connected over being massive Green Day fans. He showed me the LPJ Billie Joe gifted him on the Rev Rad tour.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Lenny said:

If I ran into them in public I’d try to keep my reaction discreet for their sake and just quickly say thanks for the inspiration. Might quickly tell them about the first time I connected with their music and why it had such an impact for me. If I could squeak in a pic quickly with their permission that’s a bonus and be off on my way. 

I’ve met a lot of hockey players and usually you can tell if they can or are willing to connect beyond that. With that I give a huge shoutout to Marc Andre Fleury who took around 3-5 mins to chat with me. Extremely nice guy who was genuinely interested in hearing my story about when I first saw him play during the WJC. I feel like Billie Joe is really similar in that regard. Even if he was rushed I wouldnt be disappointed, my job is hectic and I may only get 3-5 seconds to interact with people at times.

To add, about 6 years ago I connected with Branden from Rancid. We never met in person but we’d interact quite a bit through some messaging and online in general. He was also extremely friendly and we both connected over being massive Green Day fans. He showed me the LPJ Billie Joe gifted him on the Rev Rad tour.

This sounds awesome! It sounds like you are doing things the right way. Some people are really disrespectful. 

• Like 2

Just now, PhuzzyPhriend said:

This sounds awesome! It sounds like you are doing things the right way. Some people are really disrespectful. 

Yeah exactly. Or they’re overwhelmed and come off really strong and threatening.

I had a less than warm interaction once with Lars from Rancid but I’ve been a fan for years and know that Lars is really direct and just not much of a warm person. It was written communication by text as well. He wasn’t rude at all but he’s just short. 

It was an unrelated topic, he was selling something I was interested in and then I happened to throw in btw Im kind of a massive fan and just told him my story with Rancid. He said “much respect” with a fist bump emoji. I think a lot of people would be disappointed in that but it wasn’t a bad thing.

• Like 3