Random Green Day News - 2024

Fuzz

On 10/16/2024 at 5:48 AM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Sort of GD related news 

I think I remember a story shared by the Punk Bunny Coffee Instagram with her opening a box of the coffee or the AI special coffee maker or something... is she also a Green Day fan?

39 minutes ago, CristhyneS said:

I think I remember a story shared by the Punk Bunny Coffee Instagram with her opening a box of the coffee or the AI special coffee maker or something... is she also a Green Day fan?

I think the connection to Green Day is through her husband Lee Kirk who wrote and directed the movie "Ordinary World". Here's a picture of her with Green Day back in 2020

https://www.instagram.com/p/B79YKlRHiiS/?igsh=MTM5NzlxbWhwdXdo

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mato said:

How legit is this? A Netflix documentary supposedly coming in March next year.

https://www.sharebaze.com/2024/10/19/netflix-to-release-documentary-on-legendary-music-band-green-day-in-march-2025/

Searching Sam Jones (he's a real documentarian and director) and Netflix, Green Day and the alleged title and nothing comes up. 

Interesting that I think he's the same guy that took this photo:

https://shop.samjonespictures.com/collections/all/products/green-day-print

• Like 2

Green Day Vienna

June 17, 2025

Arena Solo Show (!)

Now i hope we get a full (solo/arena) tour announcement soon sometime this week

And im curious if they still play their dookie/ai show in europe next summer or if they will play a new setlist

Edit: (looks like a full tour announcement today?) (most tickets go on sale this friday)

+ Florence June 15

+ Luxembourg June 30

+ Amsterdam July 2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

48 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Green Day Vienna

June 17, 2025

Arena Solo Show (!)

Now i hope we get a full (solo/arena) tour announcement soon sometime this week

And im curious if they still play their dookie/ai show in europe next summer or if they will play a new setlist

Edit: (looks like a full tour announcement today?) (most tickets go on sale this friday)

+ Florence June 15

+ Luxembourg June 30

+ Amsterdam July 2

OMG!!!! Hyperventilating here!! 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1

Vienna, Luxembourg and Amsterdam are solo shows.

Florence is a festival, plus the festivals we already knew (2 in Germany, Oslo and Athens).

I hope they announce the rest of it before tickets go on sale though so we can make informed decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

I would guess a new setlist, something less taxing on them. Of all the things they have announced for next year, only the Australian shows they've explicitly said would be full album shows.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Weird they're going on Jimmy Kimmel twice in what, one month?

I am pretty positive this is a rerun from when they were on his show a month ago.  It looks like all of the episodes airing this week are reruns from shows from the past month.

Blimey, I had forgotten they were just on! Just saw the head,Ines, sorry if I got folks hopes up.

On 10/20/2024 at 11:56 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Searching Sam Jones (he's a real documentarian and director) and Netflix, Green Day and the alleged title and nothing comes up. 

Interesting that I think he's the same guy that took this photo:

https://shop.samjonespictures.com/collections/all/products/green-day-print

So he's the one responsible for taking the Green Day pic I despise the most! :angry:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

I can't explain it. Ever since that picture appeared on a Rolling Stone cover I've always hated it. It just seemed so dumb to me. What did the theme have to do with 21CB? The guys even look unenthused about it! What's worse is I purchased that Rolling Stone magazine, not once, but twice. The first copy I had a ripped out all the GD pictures to plaster on my wall. I don't really do that with magazines anymore....so I had to buy another copy for my collection -_- 

Clearly, this hatred will be my legacy on GDC. Just write on my tombstone:

Here lies The Grohl

Hater of that one Rolling Stone cover and LOTAG

• Haha 1