Random Green Day News - 2024

Fuzz

What does the word ‘Dookie’ mean?

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/what-does-the-word-dookie-mean/

4 Intriguing Unreleased Rock Albums From the 1990s and 2000s

1. ‘Cigarettes And Valentines’ by Green Day

The 2000 Green Day album Warning was a stellar piece of work. After that album was released, the band got to work on a punk album to be titled Cigarettes And Valentines. By 2003, it was almost finished. Unfortunately, the masters were inexplicably stolen from their studio.

In a way, it was a good thing. Green Day had to work from the basics to make something completely different, which ended up being their famous album American Idiot. A few songs from Cigarettes And Valentines survived and were repurposed for later albums, and all of the songs from the lost album were performed and released as a live album.

https://americansongwriter.com/4-intriguing-unreleased-rock-albums-from-the-1990s-and-2000s/

• Like 2

I don't know how reliable this is (and it's in Portuguese) but it says that Green Day will headline the I Wanna Be Festival in Brasil in February 2025

https://www.uol.com.br/splash/noticias/2024/07/17/green-day-sera-headliner-do-i-wanna-be-tour-2025.htm

There's also this tweet from a fan site

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Time of Your Life will be in the new Deadpool movie coming out next friday on the 26th.

Can't wait to see this movie. Already have my tickets for the first screening on the 25th :D

• Like 3

I saw that, it would be interesting to know how much that one song has earned them, between this and the VW ad and anything else I can’t think of right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I don't know how reliable this is (and it's in Portuguese) but it says that Green Day will headline the I Wanna Be Festival in Brasil in February 2025

https://www.uol.com.br/splash/noticias/2024/07/17/green-day-sera-headliner-do-i-wanna-be-tour-2025.htm

There's also this tweet from a fan site

yeah, a reliable journalist claimes they will play february 15 and 22 in Brazil. The festival is kind of a copy of When We Were Young, that happens in Vegas

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alf said:

yeah, a reliable journalist claimes they will play february 15 and 22 in Brazil. The festival is kind of a copy of When We Were Young, that happens in Vegas

Same journalist said that band doesn't confirm this. Apparently, the producer of the festival told him the band would be headlining this but the band is denying. Tickets for the festival begin to be sold today 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

Same journalist said that band doesn't confirm this. Apparently, the producer of the festival told him the band would be headlining this but the band is denying. Tickets for the festival begin to be sold today 

What a mess. Sounds to me like maybe the producer leaked this info to boost sales (given the timing of tickets going on sale today just as these news come out), while the deal with Green Day is probably not yet closed.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Time of Your Life will be in the new Deadpool movie coming out next friday on the 26th.

Can't wait to see this movie. Already have my tickets for the first screening on the 25th :D

How did you find this out?

43 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

34 minutes ago, CristhyneS said:

What a mess. Sounds to me like maybe the producer leaked this info to boost sales (given the timing of tickets going on sale today just as these news come out), while the deal with Green Day is probably not yet closed.

yeah, it seems it was just it, the producers sold the journalist the "information' to boost sales, but the information reached the band management that said it wasn't true and they are not even negotiating

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

11 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How did you find this out?

• Like 1

When I Come Around was the biggest hit charting wise on Dookie and deserves to get 1 billion streams so whatever is going on it deserves it

• Like 2

When I Come Around has shot up to #2 on their most popular tracks on Spotify. Wonder what caused this boost?

• Like 4

On 7/18/2024 at 12:48 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

It was so emotional with Good Riddance 😥

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It was so emotional with Good Riddance 😥

What context was it used in?

10 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

What context was it used in?

It's kind of a spoiler but if you wanna know

Spoiler

it was at the end credit scene. they were showing old footage and BTS from x-men, blade from 1998, elektra from 2005, the first fantastic four. It was really emotionnal when you see them like 20 years later in this movie