The Coverups playing two gigs in London

solongfromthestars

39 minutes ago, legendary said:

Yeah, that' s all the fans want!!!!! Green Day releasing a fantastic album, and then Coverups doing shows instead!

Great move ²

What a good marketing campaign... 

Part of me wonders if we'll get a few GD songs, they've done them before + the whole cancellation of the last London show. IDK might be a stretch. 

11 minutes ago, Seanz25 said:

Part of me wonders if we'll get a few GD songs, they've done them before + the whole cancellation of the last London show. IDK might be a stretch. 

tre isn’t there 

it’s a coverups show, which is gonna be a whole lot of fun and may at max feature a GD cover or 2

But the coverups seem to have a fairly settled set 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, legendary said:

Yeah, that' s all the fans want!!!!! Green Day releasing a fantastic album, and then Coverups doing shows instead!

Great move ²

What a good marketing campaign... 

but it’s not green day it’s the coverups, so it’s completely irrelevant 

• Like 2

I got a ticket to the garage! Very easy location for me to get the train back home after too! 

I don’t think Green day own anyone more promotion, the tours are selling well, album did well for a rock album and hardly need the money.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farley drexel hatcher said:

but it’s not green day it’s the coverups, so it’s completely irrelevant 

Yeah, that's the point... doing a side project show when the main band just release a new and really good album, don't make sense

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

Yeah, that's the point... doing a side project show when the main band just release a new and really good album, don't make sense

The album promo is done

the tour has sold very well

we’ll have a full summer of green day promo

This is just a “eh we’re in London let’s do a show. Oh we dont have Tre? Cool coverups!”

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Damn I can't go but this is cool! The Garage is where FBHT played, the shows will be awesome.

This isn't a marketing campaign. Billie can do what he wants in his spare time. Green Day are touring later this year. This show isn't instead of a Green Day event, it's instead of nothing. 

This isn't instead of a Green Day event just because the poor promotion that the band have. They seems don't care about It btw.

That's really weird. I never saw something like this before. A band release a new album, promote just a week and then nothing happens after. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, legendary said:

This isn't instead of a Green Day event just because the poor promotion that the band have. They seems don't care about It btw.

That's really weird. I never saw something like this before. A band release a new album, promote just a week and then nothing happens after. 

Right, but Green Day's promotion is a separate issue. This is just Billie doing something for fun while they're already not doing GD stuff.

• Like 4

This is brilliant! UK only a 7 hour flight for me but I can't get a ticket. Everybody going, have fun!! Dugan mixed lovebreakers new record too & the songs out sound fantastic. What a couple of shows ❤️

25 minutes ago, Westerberg89 said:

This is brilliant! UK only a 7 hour flight for me but I can't get a ticket. Everybody going, have fun!! Dugan mixed lovebreakers new record too & the songs out sound fantastic. What a couple of shows ❤️

I wouldn’t take a last minute 7 hour flight to hear A Million Miles Away by the Plimsouls. Green Day I’d consider it. 

How long did this take to sell out? Instantly I imagine. 

I live a stones throw away from the Garage. 

Why do I always miss this stuff FFS? 😆

4 minutes ago, jengd said:

Omg, I can’t believe this but I’m going! This is possibly the most rash thing I have ever done in my life but got a cheap flight, cheap room to stay…feels unreal.  May not sleep til Wednesday.

Yea!  I'm so happy for you!

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, jengd said:

Omg, I can’t believe this but I’m going! This is possibly the most rash thing I have ever done in my life but got a cheap flight, cheap room to stay…feels unreal.  May not sleep til Wednesday.

That’s so cool! Have a great time! 

• Love 1

58 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yesss! I thought of you when I saw the news. So glad you got tickets! 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

So glad you took the plunge and managed to get a ticket 🤩

• Love 2

10 hours ago, purplebenny said:

The album promo is done

the tour has sold very well

we’ll have a full summer of green day promo

This is just a “eh we’re in London let’s do a show. Oh we dont have Tre? Cool coverups!”

All valid points but there are a lot of American cities with ton of seats still left. I sure hope we get more promo leading up to the summer. 
If the saviors album really is a masterpiece that the band put their heart and soul into, I’d really hope they ramp up their marketing.

• Like 1

Got lucky and was awake this morning to get a ticket to the Tuesday show 😮 

Being half asleep I only got one, so if anybody has a spare please let me know so I can drag somebody along and not venture all alone!

Saviors should be their top priority the album is too good to go the way of Father of All 

At least they won't have to put up with allowing tre's third wife trying to sing

• Confused 1