New American Idiot documentary coming soon!

pacejunkie punk

I'm so confident there'll be something within the next month, a 2024 release date surely they'll release it on time for the anniversary and not delayed like nimrod.

This website says 9/20/24, that makes the most sense to me so I hope it stays as true. Meaning my confidence is valid! :D

• Like 1

I sure hope this is legit!  As ever, I will want more than 110 minutes 😂

• Like 3

Nice! I really hope we got a special vinyl release too

• Like 2

Didn’t Mike say it was coming with the anniversary deluxe edition 

27 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Didn’t Mike say it was coming with the anniversary deluxe edition 

Not sure if he did but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was packaged together 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not sure if he did but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was packaged together 

you were the one that posted it early in this thread 😂

22 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

you were the one that posted it early in this thread 😂

Yeah I mean we know there's going to be a deluxe reissue because that's what they do and we know they made a documentary and here they're talking about them together. Will they be sold as a package or individually is the question I don't think that's what they're talking about here, just that it's all new stuff they'll be releasing for the anniversary

8 hours ago, Stewe said:

It'll be possible to buy as a DVD or will be at theatres only?

I don’t think it’ll be in theatres at all, the BBFC website says VOD (Video on Demand)/Streaming and physical media only. It would be super cool to see in theatres though, and then again that is only for the UK release of the film, so we never know what we might get over in North America.

• Like 2

Would love for this to have select screenings like “Turn It Around” did, or Broadway Idiot. 

• Like 2

Definitely needs to be physical media. I live in the arse end of nowhere, so there's no way they'll be any screenings near me... 

• Like 3

I cannot imagine a French theater screening it, but who knows. 😂

Also, will this be like a remake of Heart Like a Hand Grenade, or would it be a different spin on it? 

I remember I waited for ages for Heart Like a Hand Grenade to drop and it never did in the years of my hard core fandom, part I. So I only watched it for the first time last year shortly after Bataclan, and I am glad I watched it in my 30s and not in my teens, because my teenage self would have been blinded enough by her love of Green Day to defend it 😅 I hated it. So much wasted potential. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:52 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah I mean we know there's going to be a deluxe reissue because that's what they do and we know they made a documentary and here they're talking about them together. Will they be sold as a package or individually is the question I don't think that's what they're talking about here, just that it's all new stuff they'll be releasing for the anniversary

My bad I misremembered without watching it again, my brains all chaotic from going through some shit 

9 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

I cannot imagine a French theater screening it, but who knows. 😂

Also, will this be like a remake of Heart Like a Hand Grenade, or would it be a different spin on it? 

I remember I waited for ages for Heart Like a Hand Grenade to drop and it never did in the years of my hard core fandom, part I. So I only watched it for the first time last year shortly after Bataclan, and I am glad I watched it in my 30s and not in my teens, because my teenage self would have been blinded enough by her love of Green Day to defend it 😅 I hated it. So much wasted potential. 

Pretty sure it was a letdown because it was overhyped thanks to the first cut that was shown in theaters. And the home video release being edited down significantly. I remember there were supposedly a lot of scenes that didn’t make it in. Stuff that made the movie more personal. At least that’s what I heard at the time.

I was hoping for AI to be played in full on thrust documentary like VH1 storytellers or something but only this short runtime has me worried hope it’s more in depth then heart like a hand grenade. Who knows maybe they will release and album of demos and then playing AI in full separately 

19 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

I think they mean they took the pictures with film

They did. My bad 

I’d imagine we hear something soon? I’d imagine it releases in late Sept and it’s almost August. Super excited for this release mainly for the documentary and getting the songs separated on streaming lol. Spotify sorting is a mess and sometimes these re-releases sort things out. Maybe some higher definition versions, too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I’d imagine we hear something soon? I’d imagine it releases in late Sept and it’s almost August. Super excited for this release mainly for the documentary and getting the songs separated on streaming lol. Spotify sorting is a mess and sometimes these re-releases sort things out. Maybe some higher definition versions, too.

there are people that don't even know that Idiot songs are originally separated and that mess streaming did with the album

49 minutes ago, Alf said:

there are people that don't even know that Idiot songs are originally separated and that mess streaming did with the album

I like that they are put into one song though. Like that you don't have that awkward pause between the two, and it respects the continuous sound that you had in the original album.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CristhyneS said:

I like that they are put into one song though. Like that you don't have that awkward pause between the two, and it respects the continuous sound that you had in the original album.

True but if you want to put the songs into separate playlists it’s a problem.