New American Idiot documentary coming soon!

pacejunkie punk

I remember some people being interviewed at the hella mega tour for a 'film' could that be it?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Per Billie: "We just watched a documentary on American Idiot that we're gonna put out"

Do you think there's anything more to the story to be said or shown that HLAHG and BIAB didn't cover?

Cuatro has three unreleased song demos and multiple demos for released ones + Stay the Night demo from Demolicious. The new rockumentary on AI might have at least one "C&V" demo, but I'm not sure because I'm not John Roecker's future great-great-great-great-great-grandson, a professional rockumentary producer and owner of American Idiot B-Sides 2039 Reissue.

• Like 2

Maybe they'll do the 2024 Ultimate American Idiot

• Like 3

Wow, that could be great.  Possibly won’t miss some of John Roecker’s weirdness 😂😂.

56 minutes ago, luketrebilliemike said:

I remember some people being interviewed at the hella mega tour for a 'film' could that be it?

You are right, had forgotten that.  

• Like 2

If it's a new documentary, they'll certainly use a lot of Roecker's videos

• Like 1

This is very exciting.   Could this spark a movie?   This also makes me think of the song vault, no doubt stuffed with left overs from 87 to Today.  And some people have heard it.  Rob, engineers.   Lucky bastards.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

If it's a new documentary, they'll certainly use a lot of Roecker's videos

I’m not sure if they’re on speaking terms these days, he hasn’t been very complimentary when talking about the band lately so they may not have permission to use any more of his footage

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

This is very exciting.   Could this spark a movie?   This also makes me think of the song vault, no doubt stuffed with left overs from 87 to Today.  And some people have heard it.  Rob, engineers.   Lucky bastards.

I wish they could get the movie off the ground. I was interested to see them hanging out with Tom Hanks at the Grammy event and I wonder if they talked about it

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Wasteaway for President of the GD Vault! Who's with me?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m not sure if they’re on speaking terms these days, he hasn’t been very complimentary when talking about the band lately so they may not have permission to use any more of his footage

Did he say anything specific? This is news to me.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Mato said:

Did he say anything specific? This is news to me.

It was a while back on his Facebook. @That Dude may remember more specifically what he said

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was a while back on his Facebook. @That Dude may remember more specifically what he said

About John Roeker being upset with Green Day?  Yes, I remember!   He felt they started touring before it was safe and said "don't they have enough money?"     Maybe he was kidding, but he seemed pretty angry about it.

3 minutes ago, That Dude said:

About John Roeker being upset with Green Day?  Yes, I remember!   He felt they started touring before it was safe and said "don't they have enough money?"     Maybe he was kidding, but he seemed pretty angry about it.

Yes and there were other comments too about him getting ghosted by them or something.

For just a few minutes long that interview is packed with good stuff.  

• Like 1

Billie was pretty charming about an error like that but then the guy seemed very timid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, CocaColaX said:

Bet it’s for a ‘deluxe’ album reissue or something.  

It will be canceled and then in 2025 they will release C&V

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

If that guy is literally upset about some covid shit then that’s pathetic.

He was literally with the band filming during the SARS pandemic and he didn’t give a shit then…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

It will be canceled and then in 2025 they will release C&V

I think we already have C&V tracks in different albums (walk away, letterbomb, homecoming, horseshoes & handgranades, C&V live), some b-sides (shoplifter, favourite son, too mucho to soon, governator, lights out, heart collide),  Network and foxboro (Roshambo, Broadway) projects.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

H god what if they release C&V or show the money money sessions :runaround:

They’d have to give up the game and out themselves as The Network. Do you think they’re willing to do that? I do wonder what angle they’re taking with this to differentiate it from what we already have. HLAHG focused on the recording process. Is this going to start sometime earlier, like with the C&V material, the side project pivot and the writing of the album?  Or the crazy post-success years of 2004-2005? What footage could they have that we haven’t seen?

• Like 4