Super Bowl LVIX Halftime Show

GDFan2019

Dogs will take over the world.

RvSl7PS0RkOX43PjmDzm_w.webpReal shit right 'ere.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Here it is:

1:49 - ''We just watched the documentary that we're gonna put out for American Idiot and it's great. It's really fun to watch.''

What is he referring to? Heart Like A Handgrenade has been out for almost ten years now, but we know that Roecker had tons of hours of unreleased footage. Whatever it is I hope it's something unreleased and I can't wait!!

HLAHG is 15 years old, the earliest screenings were around the 21CB Tour. But Billie is definitely referring to the American Idiot Super Giga Motherfuckin' Ultimate Extravaganza with Free C&V Recordings for Sale at your Local Record Store Goddamn! (last part is a joke)

16 minutes ago, Mato said:

1:49 - ''We just watched the documentary that we're gonna put out for American Idiot and it's great. It's really fun to watch.''

What is he referring to? Heart Like A Handgrenade has been out for almost ten years now, but we know that Roecker had tons of hours of unreleased footage. Whatever it is I hope it's something unreleased and I can't wait!!

I made a separate thread for that. Come speculate here:

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Watching Billie struggle to describe the Puppy Bowl took me back to when he tried to explain a gravity bong 😂

I very much relate to how often he blanks when put on the spot. Same, dude. :lol:

• Haha 2

Well, now I want to see Billie as referee of the Puppy Bowl.

That also makes me think of the segment on Colbert where he has a celebrity help him introduce dogs up for adoption.  Green Day would be perfect for this.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, jengd said:

Except they would take them all home 😂

Nothing wrong with that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

When RHCP performed didn't they not play their instruments live? I don't wanna see green day do something that lame. Plus I doubt they'd be chosen after people freaked out about the maga thing after the NYE performance 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Maddie86 said:

When RHCP performed didn't they not play their instruments live? I don't wanna see green day do something that lame. Plus I doubt they'd be chosen after people freaked out about the maga thing after the NYE performance 

I was wondering if they’d be reluctant to have them after Billie dropped a load of F bombs on network TV during the NHL All Star game

• Like 1

I don't think that Green Day would fit anymore for a Halftime Show. On one hand IIRC they would have to use playback at least for all the instruments and on the other hand I think the political landscape in the US is too polarized for a band with that strong political opinions to perform.

• Like 4

Considering NFL faced major repercussions over the infamous Janet Jackson wardrobe malfunction and got super pissed when MIA quickly flashed the middle finger during the Madonna performance, I don't think they'd be happy with Green Day. The artists they get these days are pretty tame and are considered inoffensive (ie. Usher, Bruno Mars, Coldplay etc).

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

In today's interview with Good Morning Britain on youtube, Green Day says they'd rather headline the World Cup

fifa world cup? pls no, fifa is a mafia-like association who shit on peoples life for money

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

fifa world cup? pls no, fifa is a mafia-like association who shit on peoples life for money

And the NFL on the other hand?

12 hours ago, stories and songs said:

And the “No Trump No KKK No Fascist USA” chant. And the MAGA agenda mention. And…:lol:

In all seriousness, the NFL has such a problematic history with racism and whatnot that I suspect they’re scared Green Day would call them out at their own event. Which is justified because Billie wouldn’t hesitate to do that lol.

Green Day are pretty edgey, I guess.  We're desensitized, but other people would gasp in horror.    I remember a family member being mad at Minority for saying "down with the moral majority"  😄  

They might come out and play Grouch, American Eulogy, Kill the DJ and Having a Blast and make everyone's brains explode.  And before the cameras can cut away, Tre is leading a live Platypus onto the stage as Billie Joe sings the list of expletitives.   

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

Fifa World Cup would be a big chance, its the biggest live event. But I totally understand you, Fifa ruined the sport and I stopped watching world cup/euro Cup a few years ago… Find Club football more interesting but even the UEFA is too bad to enjoy events like Champions League

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Green Day are pretty edgey, I guess.  We're desensitized, but other people would gasp in horror.    I remember a family member being mad at Minority for saying "down with the moral majority"  😄  

They might come out and play Grouch, American Eulogy, Kill the DJ and Having a Blast and make everyone's brains explode.  And before the cameras can cut away, Tre is leading a live Platypus onto the stage as Billie Joe sings the list of expletitives.   

Don’t forget Fuck Time 😄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

And then Dexter Holland joins them to play L.A.P.D. Both Dexter and Billie lead a chant of "Beat all the people" (yes I know, wrong word). Then Take Back but it's just the word "fucking" everywhere except the chorus. Then Lars Fredriksen joins them to play Vikings but it's just "the explicit line". Then Desensitized. Then Nightlife 100 times with Tre rapping. IDEAL FUCKING SETLIST! /j

• Like 1

I wonder if it's true that they never think about doing the halftime show. I can't imagine any artist or band, especially one with a decades long legacy or big following doesn't watch the Superbowl and wonder what they would do if they were on it, or think it would be cool to be asked. 

• Like 1

If not Green Day, how about Foo Fighters? They're generally well liked. They don't often rock the boat in terms of controversy and Dave Grohl is rock's best boy. That would be a fun show.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:37 AM, Cali89 said:

I agree with this thread. But what would be even better is if they played at super bowl 2026 which will be hosted in the bay area. Bay area super bowl, bay area band! It just makes sense! Let's all hope 

Agreed. That would be fitting.

Green Day really should have headlined between 2004-2009. It was almost something expected around that time, Green Day was a much bigger act than a lot of the half time show artists we saw back then and still bigger than some of the ones now. 

After the Grey Cup performance the NFL definitely noticed. I think there’s another 3-5 year window for them now. 

If they really needed a collaboration they could bring back the U2 collab and do The Saints Are Coming. I remember that show they did got a lot of traction at the time. Both bands are also huge.