16 - Fever (Japanese Bonus Track) - Song Discussion

Liam

Exactly, if there are live tracks on a green day release, I don't mind, besides the band is definitely not always in the mood to put an unreleased (at the time) track like favorite son

7 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

Foam japanese cd also has bang bang live at the whisky.

Put holy toledo before fancy sauce

• Like 1

Put fever on Saviors before Corvette Summer, but add the clip of Christopher Walken saying “I got a fever…and the only prescription…is more cowbell” at the end…then BOOM…Corvette Summer delivers the medicine 😎

Edited by Robbie1039
  • Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

Special guest will ferrell and bonus is east jesus nowhere with cowbell

• Haha 1

On 26/01/2024 at 04:39, Nezirath270 said:

Mettez Holy Toledo avant la sauce raffinée

"Holy Toledo" is literally ghastly, even worse than most "Father Of All" songs. Easily bottom 20 Green Day has ever done. Those weird voices during ''solo'' with ''ba-da-ba-da'' are its tombstone. The other two 2021 songs are miles better.

In general the songs destined for soundtracks lack enthusiasm. Let alone that "Mary Mark and other people" is bad as a film itself, judging by its teaser.

"Fancy Sauce" sounds very good instead after either "East Jesus Nowhere" or "Forever Now".

• Confused 2

I feel like the tracklist should stay as it is

If you want an extra Saviors track just put the Bill Maher theme at the end of it. That's likely the only actual extra song recorded during the Saviors sessions.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

If you want an extra Saviors track just put the Bill Maher theme at the end of it. That's likely the only actual extra song recorded during the Saviors sessions.

The Last Ride In or Espionage of the 2020s!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone have an HQ flac or something like that for this song yet? Or YouTube the only availability we've gotten for this?

• Like 1

Apparently it was supposed to release on the jap edition 2 days ago, I'm pretty sure someone could have a flac

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:48 AM, Slave To The Network said:

Does anyone have an HQ flac or something like that for this song yet? Or YouTube the only availability we've gotten for this?

I have a FLAC for this one

• Like 1

Is the song not on any streaming platforms yet? Or is it just available on streaming platforms in Japan?

The song's ok during the verses when it's just guitar, drums (and bass in verse 2). That guitar riff is actually pretty nice. The chorus is really boring and is where all the bad FOAMisms come in with the hand claps and the boring vocals/instrumentation. Billie does sound bored throughout the whole song, it's clearly a bonus track in that way. It's better than some of the tracks on FOAMF and I'd probably say it's a D tier song, maybe a C- tier song. FOAMF would honestly be way better if this track was on it instead of I Was A Teenage Teenager

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Is the song not on any streaming platforms yet? Or is it just available on streaming platforms in Japan?

The song's ok during the verses when it's just guitar, drums (and bass in verse 2). That guitar riff is actually pretty nice. The chorus is really boring and is where all the bad FOAMisms come in with the hand claps and the boring vocals/instrumentation. Billie does sound bored throughout the whole song, it's clearly a bonus track in that way. It's better than some of the tracks on FOAMF and I'd probably say it's a D tier song, maybe a C- tier song. FOAMF would honestly be way better if this track was on it instead of I Was A Teenage Teenager

Why "i was a teenage teenager" IS so hated?? Is one of the few "greedayish" songs of that 'glam' album, like a little oasis in the desert... Maybe not a great song in other GD album, but it's brigth in that album. I think is an overhated song... There's, at least 7, worse songs on FOAM and it's also better that fever or hear comes the shock (also overhated, pollyanna IS much worse)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Surprisingly, It's not on streaming services in Japan either. However, it is fairly straightforward to import the song to your digital library.

Screenshot_20240130_211636_AppleMusic.thumb.png.cfb8b6e065574a16047dc77f018a9828.png

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:12 AM, Vladonutyj said:

I have a FLAC for this one

Oh shit! Sorry! It completely slipped my mind what I was asking for. I'm so used to exchanging videos of concerts and FLACs in the media downloads section I wasn't thinking. Sorry if I put you in a weird position! I always pride myself on being a rule follower and I feel like shit and I'm ashamed. It kind of ruined my day tbh; I feel so bad. Just had to get that out.

06ae982f9b810a79824dda7de5ac9079.gif

Is this song even officially released yet? I'm going to look for it on the iTunes store.

• Like 1

I wish we could go back to the days of absolutely killer b-sides and (as they are in the age of streaming) bonus / special tracks 

We were absolutely spoiled during the AI and 21st CB eras. 

Favourite Son, Lights Out, Too Much Too Soon, Hearts Collide. All classic tracks in their own right IMO. 

Sorry, but Fever is absolutely dogshit in comparison to any of the above and GD's b-side / bonus game fell off a cliff after the Trilogy.

Back In The USA is the only one I can think of that is a genuine banger. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saviour said:

Back In The USA is the only one I can think of that is a genuine banger. 

BITUSA wasn't b-side tho, so it's not fair to compare it to actual b-sides. I'd be more fitting to compare it to Here Comes the Shark, Holy Toledo! and Pollyanna which were standalone tracks, although even those songs suffer from lack of actual album which BITUSA had. Music video too for fucks sake.

Anyways, I'd argue you guys just have ridiculous exceptions for b-sides. Those tracks should NEVER be anything more than that, there is a clear reason why they're not part of physical albums and are considered b-tier. Fever is exactly that. Nothing more, nothing less. If you thought FOAM was bad enough, it's a miracle that Fever is actually quite enjoyable track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miko said:

BITUSA wasn't b-side tho, so it's not fair to compare it to actual b-sides. I'd be more fitting to compare it to Here Comes the Shark, Holy Toledo! and Pollyanna which were standalone tracks, although even those songs suffer from lack of actual album which BITUSA had. Music video too for fucks sake.

Anyways, I'd argue you guys just have ridiculous exceptions for b-sides. Those tracks should NEVER be anything more than that, there is a clear reason why they're not part of physical albums and are considered b-tier. Fever is exactly that. Nothing more, nothing less. If you thought FOAM was bad enough, it's a miracle that Fever is actually quite enjoyable track.

In my defence, I did say b-sides slash bonus or special tracks. BITUSA is definitely covered by those categories.

OK, i’d give you maybe Holy Toledo! as a highlight.

However, Pollyanna was mid at best. Lyrically toe curling.

Here Comes The Shock... Awful doesn’t even cut it. It’s one of GD’s worst ever songs.

What else have we had? Live releases and demos?

I stand by what I said. AI and 21CB had album-worthy b-sides (or special tracks, if you like). Since the trilogy, apart from the aforementioned couple of tracks… It ain’t been great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miko said:

Anyways, I'd argue you guys just have ridiculous exceptions for b-sides. Those tracks should NEVER be anything more than that, there is a clear reason why they're not part of physical albums and are considered b-tier.

Except suffocate and desensitized... They have the level to being on nimrod

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Except suffocate and desensitized... They have the level to being on nimrod

Even Billie tweeted he wished they were on nimrod. 

"Go ahead and kill yourselves" and "I wanna watch the bomb" are pretty good lyrics, relatable music to psychopaths and some people annoyed by the nets.

But what if Suffocate was also gonna be on Warning? It's on the Warning CD2 with I think Outsider.

My Japanese import CD arrived today, so I finally got to listen to this song!

Nothing great, kind of reminds me of a Fountains of Wayne song, but still catchy. I think the uniqueness of having a physical version of this song makes me appreciate it more.

• Like 4