16 - Fever (Japanese Bonus Track) - Song Discussion

Liam

14 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

He can't share a song that's all over Japan?

Listen only America matters on GDC.

The only b-sides that deserves to be on their sessión album where desensitized and suffocate. They are much better than lot Green day album songs. 

I don't like fever very much, but in FOAM would be top 5

It’s all over YouTube but I won’t post because it’s not allowed on here. Only here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

The only b-sides that deserves to be on their sessión album where desensitized and suffocate. They are much better than lot Green day album songs. 

I don't like fever very much, but in FOAM would be top 5

Oooh hard disagree. On The Wagon and Rotting are both top shelf Green Day in my opinion. Maria was great too, but I think that works better as a showcase for International Superhits!. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Oooh hard disagree. On The Wagon and Rotting are both top shelf Green Day in my opinion. Maria was great too, but I think that works better as a showcase for International Superhits!. 

I also would like on the wagon on dookie, but not rotting on insomniac (i think It doesn't fit with the album)... María wasn't recorded in any album session

Fever is very nice, not sure why they didn't include it in FOAMF (unless it's not even from those sessions) considering that album was definitely not too long to include it and it fits nicely. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

I also would like on the wagon on dookie, but not rotting on insomniac (i think It doesn't fit with the album)... María wasn't recorded in any album session

Rotting: I think it fits thematically (they could’ve called it The Meth Album) and would’ve been a nice sonic change of pace on an album that is great but I think could’ve used a slower track to breathe a bit. 

I thought the B-Side version of Maria was recorded during the Warning sessions and later re-recorded, but I could be wrong about that. 

Fever is… fine. Cool to have, but not terribly interesting. Still, I miss B-Sides as a concept and am glad to have it. Weren’t there rumors of a follow up to FOAM with Butch Walker producing before the 1972 project was teased? In theory this could be from that.

• Like 1

The song is produced by Butch Walker and mixed by Chris Dugan.

MDEtMjQ2MS5wbmc.jpeg

Weren’t there rumors of a follow up to FOAM with Butch Walker producing before the 1972 project was teased? In theory this could be from that.

Well, it wasn't a rumour really, but rather Billie said in early 2020 that he had these new songs which he hoped to record later the same year with Butch Walker. Also shortly after Butch Walker said in an interview he was "preparing to start work on a new Green Day Album". But there's no proof this actually ever happened, so perhaps the plans got scrapped...

Edited by Dysfunco

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

It’s all over YouTube but I won’t post because it’s not allowed on here. Only here.

YouTube links are fine. Direct download links are not. I’m sure even a child could make sense of that

It's definitely FOAM track and it should've been on FOAM. It's harmless and would've been easily top 5 track on said album (Graffitia, Stab You In the Heart and Sugar Youth takes top 3 for me) but maybe they thought chorus was too similar to Graffitia (instruments wise) or it was just too weak track for FOAM.

Not complaining. I always enjoy when B-sides and bonus tracks are exactly that. Songs that aren't full album material.

20 hours ago, alekshf96 said:

My CD's from Japan arrived today🥳🥳🥳

Spoiler

Hvor mye skal jeg vippse deg for CD nr.2 ? 😉😂

That was not worth the wait. It's fine. Good fit for FOAM but doesn't top any of the tracks imo.

• Like 3

Sounds a lot like FOAM. I like it, it's okay. But I'm glad it's not really a part of Saviors, as it would've brought the overall quality down a notch.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Twundy said:

Good song. Not needed on Saviors, but not bad at all. I agree it could have worked on FOAM.

Fever on FOAM, Graffitia on Saviors would be perfect

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Fever on FOAM, Graffitia on Saviors would be perfect

I feel like Graffitia wouldn't fit on Saviors. Or at least it would feel kind of redundant. While it's still relevant today, I think the political commentary already on Saviors already covers this stuff, especially on Coma City. While it is one of the best songs from FOAMF and I don't really like great songs being trapped on bad albums because they don't get the appreciation they should be getting, where exactly would you put it on Saviors? I think it is for sure a closing track but I don't think it makes sense at the end of Saviors after the title track and Fancy Sauce already conclude the album. It doesn't really make sense at the beginning or middle of the album either imo

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I feel like Graffitia wouldn't fit on Saviors. Or at least it would feel kind of redundant. While it's still relevant today, I think the political commentary already on Saviors already covers this stuff, especially on Coma City. While it is one of the best songs from FOAMF and I don't really like great songs being trapped on bad albums because they don't get the appreciation they should be getting, where exactly would you put it on Saviors? I think it is for sure a closing track but I don't think it makes sense at the end of Saviors after the title track and Fancy Sauce already conclude the album. It doesn't really make sense at the beginning or middle of the album either imo

When fancy sauce is finished I have an 'incomplete' feeling. The songs ends like if another track follows It...but, dispite what I think, graffitia is wasted in FOAM and there's nothing after fancy sauce (except if you have the japanese cd 😂). 

Luckyly in these days we can do playlist and I Will put graffitia closing saviors. Only thing I can't change IS the production and claps 😂

5 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

When fancy sauce is finished I have an 'incomplete' feeling. The songs ends like if another track follows It...but, dispite what I think, graffitia is wasted in FOAM and there's nothing after fancy sauce (except if you have the japanese cd 😂). 

Luckyly in these days we can do playlist and I Will put graffitia closing saviors. Only thing I can't change IS the production and claps 😂

Foam japanese cd also has bang bang live at the whisky.

16 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Foam japanese cd also has bang bang live at the whisky.

Never understood live tracks as bonus of studio albums

5 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Never understood live tracks as bonus of studio albums

its a bonus, not required to give you something you never heard before or whatever.