16 - Fever (Japanese Bonus Track) - Song Discussion

Liam

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s not at the level of Here Comes the Shock but it’s close. Low effort and very FOAM in style. 

I think its simple and catchy. Doesn’t have to be much more than that. Would have been a better song on Foamf. 

Could have used the chorus for saviors

calling all saviors tonight

24 minutes ago, aahhhh said:

catchy song that doesn't quite fit the vibe of FOAM

It's foam alright but might be a great song

The only songs that are great on foam are

I was a teenage teenager

Most of side b (except grafitia but the acoustic version is so fking good)

Here comes the shock (yeah it's a foam outtake)

It sounds really unfinished to be honest, the cut in the bridge back to the chorus is quite jarring 

9 minutes ago, J-Rem said:

I think it’s a great vibe! Really want Damn Juvenile Delinquents now 

Just from the short clips I liked DJD a lot better. I wish they had released that instead 

• Like 1

Crazy that in the year of our lord 2024 a song is out yet nobody outside of the country of origin has heard the high quality version. Just like how Look Ma No Brains was in people’s hands and the band’s marketing team was begging people to upload it and it never got out there. Not condoning piracy but songs got out quicker in 1997 lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just from the short clips I liked DJD a lot better. I wish they had released that instead 

Definitely agree if it had to be only one I would’ve preferred DJD. But now that Fever is out I still want DJD regardless  lol.

One of the most lackluster songs they've done. I see why it was left off FOAM and I'm glad they didn't use it for Saviors (outside of a Japan only bonus track). Always preferred the DJD snippet. Hope that comes out in some capacity one day. Maybe they're holding it to rework for potential future releases. 

• Like 2

Yeah, to call it underwhelming would be incredibly generous. Boring and sounds way too much like we're-all-having-a-midlife-crisis FOAMF.

Consign this one to the bin marked "forgettable". 

Glad it was left off the regular version as it would've been the weakest song by some distance. 

• Like 3

Billie Joe said on KROQ that there was 7 unused songs from FOAMF. Fever, Damn Juvenile Delinquents, and Here Comes the Shock being 3 of them. I wonder what the other 4 are like (prob not good as they didn't even fucking make FOAMF!)

5 minutes ago, Hubert said:

Billie Joe said on KROQ that there was 7 unused songs from FOAMF. Fever, Damn Juvenile Delinquents, and Here Comes the Shock being 3 of them. I wonder what the other 4 are like (prob not good as they didn't even fucking make FOAMF!)

For a song to be deemed "not good enough" for that album does not bode well for it, at all. 

When we heard Here Comes The Shock it was pretty clear why. Awful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hubert said:

i think those could be TADIKM and father to a son, plus art of the deal with the devil

I actually quite like it. I prefer this song to several others on FOAM, granted it actually is a FOAM leftover (and not something entirely new recorded 2020 for later release, when they still had plans to do more with Butch Walker).

Kind of like that he sings with a slighlty lower pitched kind of voice and style than he usually does nowadays. Changing up the vocal style can be refreshing and is something I wish he did more. His old early 2000's voice tone is rarely heard these days.

Edited by Dysfunco
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hubert said:

The Art Of the Deal With the Devil is another one

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Alf said:

The Art Of the Deal With the Devil is another one

Holy Toledo? One Eyed Bastard? Pollyanna? (although my belief is that this the song Butch Vig referred to as "Wonderful" about Obama's win in the election 2008, it could still have been brought back for FOAM in a new form, then further remade lyrically to fit "post-Covid"-theme).

And perhaps something else that in fact ended up on Saviors? Butch Walker is credited after all, although that could also be entirely new songs recorded 2020 onwards.

Edited by Dysfunco

It's not the worst thing from FOAMF era. I would probably take it over at least 3 songs off of FOAMF as well as HCTS. The guitar riff is ok, if that made it onto a different track with better production and lyrics, I wouldn't be mad

I did just start smiling when the hand claps came because of course this song would also have hand claps lol.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't be fucking surprised if the other unused songs were used for Money Money 2020 Part II. But I don't think One Eyed Bastard and Pollyanna were 2 of the 7 unused song. Holy Toledo! very well could be tho

• Like 2

This song gives me Post Traumatic FOAM feelings.

It’s fine for a bonus track, though. Might as well release stuff they have recorded and won’t use elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Hubert said:

I wouldn't be fucking surprised if the other unused songs were used for Money Money 2020 Part II. But I don't think One Eyed Bastard and Pollyanna were 2 of the 7 unused song. Holy Toledo! very well could be tho

Art of the Deal is definitely one. I think Degenerate could be too, but that’s better than a lot of songs on FOAM.

• Like 3

Eh...it's a very mid Green Day song. It reminds me of something from the 80s like Hit Me With Your Best Shot or Jesse's Girl. It's just not that interesting. Glad I didn't pay extra to import the Japanese version of the CD.