09 - Corvette Summer - Song Discussion

Liam

I always imagine the verses from Corvette Summer being in a Nickelodeon show for teens.

• Like 1

This one would be so much fun live. Would love to hear them play it during the tour.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This one would be so much fun live. Would love to hear them play it during the tour.

With Kevin on cowbell 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Nah, real mfs know we need ferrell back with em lol

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With Kevin on cowbell 😊

Yes! We love seeing Kevin on guitar and all, but give that man a cow bell to go ham on! 

• Like 2

Alr, then let him duet with ferrell

• Like 2

I absolutely love this song so much! That damn cowbell got me hooked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know they had to put Billie in a straight jacket for him to not put hand claps in this song 

• Haha 4

I love this song.

BUT.

In some of the repetitions of the refrain (mid-song), I have the impression that the backing vocals go: "fuck it up on my rock and roll," even when Billie sings, "Drop a bomb on my rock and roll". Listening with the headphones, I can distinctly hear the 'F' sounds even when the main vocals go with the 'D.' And I cannot unhear it, and I refuse to think that they unnoticed (and ignored) that - especially because the last 2 repetitions of the refrain are perfect.

Am I the only one? 

Edited by giozzam
  • Like 1

I woke up at 3 am and couldn’t fall back asleep. This song was playing on a loop in my head. :lol: Love this song, but it was slightly torturous in that scenario. Still an earworm even when I’m sleep deprived!

• Haha 4

On 1/23/2024 at 6:41 PM, teenagekicks said:

I know they had to put Billie in a straight jacket for him to not put hand claps in this song 

😂😂😂 *Cowbell talking to Billie’s hands: “Look at me…I’m the captain now”

On 1/24/2024 at 11:44 AM, giozzam said:

I love this song.

BUT.

In some of the repetitions of the refrain (mid-song), I have the impression that the backing vocals go: "fuck it up on my rock and roll," even when Billie sings, "Drop a bomb on my rock and roll". Listening with the headphones, I can distinctly hear the 'F' sounds even when the main vocals go with the 'D.' And I cannot unhear it, and I refuse to think that they unnoticed (and ignored) that - especially because the last 2 repetitions of the refrain are perfect.

Am I the only one? 

Hmmm I’ll have to investigate.  I shall report this if true.  

Edited by Robbie1039

On 1/24/2024 at 12:44 PM, giozzam said:

I love this song.

BUT.

Am I the only one? 

This is absolutely the case at least a few times during the chorus. I love it, it's kinda funny to me.

• Like 3

Playing this with the atmos mix on apple music is cowbell central lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This song has major Butch Walker vibes. A  very hair metal/"big dumb rock" kind of song. I love it, catchy as hell.

• Like 2

I really love the lyrics of this song. And the cowbell of course. One of the best tracks!

• Like 3

At this point, hire Ferrell as a full-time touring musician.

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2024 at 10:41 AM, teenagekicks said:

Thank you Rob Cavallo 

On 1/24/2024 at 5:44 PM, giozzam said:

I love this song.

BUT.

Am I the only one? 

I noticed this!! I keep thinking I’m singing the wrong line, it throws me off 😂

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 2:44 PM, giozzam said:

I love this song.

BUT.

Am I the only one? 

Nah, you're 100% right. Main vocals and backing vocals sometimes don't match on "Drop a bomb". And I'm sure it's intentional, you don't just miss something like that when mixing.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:57 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I really don't get the hype for this one.

Oh no I'm not skipping this song anymore. I kind of like it since this weekend.
Noooooooooo!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...