09 - Corvette Summer - Song Discussion

Liam

This song seems like one of the most divisive of the bunch but I love it. It’s just a fun summery song. Perfect for listening to in the car with the windows down on a warm day. I kinda love when they lean more classic rock like this.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I love it. Probably catchiest song in the record since this is the melody that is stuck in my head. GET AROUND, I CAN GET AROUND FUCK IT UP ON MY ROCK AND ROLL

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If you would have told me this was one of his power pop No Fun Mondays covers I’d believe it.  Classic sound

• Like 3

I don't care what anyone says this song SLAPS HARD. It's the one on Saviors where as soon as it starts I can't help but bang my head and start tapping my toes. How can you resist that hook? I just love that power pop retro vibe it has. It's like Billie decided to inject Green Day with a health dose of The Longshot. 

• Love 3

Just now, The Grohl said:

I don't care what anyone says this song SLAPS HARD. It's the one on Saviors where as soon as it starts I can't help but band my head and start tapping my toes. How can you resist that hook? I just love that power pop retro vibe it has. It's like Billie decided to inject Green Day with a health dose of The Longshot. 

I love The Longshot influence too and also 1981 is another song that makes me dance and play air guitar.

• Like 1

What a bop! As @The Grohl says, you have to move to this.  It's like an ode to Billie's love of music and records and he sounds awesome on it. The get around lyric is just great, sooooo catchy.  Guess what, I love it,  This album is pure gold.

• Love 2

I've only listened to this once but got, Troublemaker (From Uno) mixed with School of Rock vibes. Cool track though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If you would have told me this was one of his power pop No Fun Mondays covers I’d believe it.  Classic sound

Good point.  It reminds me of Hit Me with Your Best Shot.

• Like 1

Sorry but this song is always a skip.
Sound like a no fun monday? But bad?
Well for me. I don't like country too and it sound a lil but country.

All I can imagine when listening to this song is Will Ferrell playing that cowbell like a champ like he did in the SNL performance of East Jesus Nowhere.

This is honestly one of my favorites on the album and I find myself playing it repeatedly today. That goddamn cowbell, folks - so satisfying to listen to, lol. That and the chorus is catchy as hell.

• Like 2

This song is goofy and sounds nothing like anything else on the album, but you can't deny its got a catchy ass chorus 

I am completely and utterly OBSESSED with Corvette Summer. Hands down my favorite off of Saviors. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

“Take me to urgent care or the record store” is just so good.

• Like 2

This is still one of my faves from the album. As soon as that hook hits I'm instantly in a good mood. It's such a banger! It's just good times.

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This is still one of my faves from the album. As soon as that hook hits I'm instantly in a good mood. It's such a banger! It's just good times.

I really don't get the hype for this one.
It's one of my girlfriend faves too. But sadly for me this is an automatic skip.

It's better than Popper Punk tho

• Haha 2

Popper punk is one of the more ass network songs. It's just "amyl nitrate". But what the fuck? Did I say that the guys need a gdc-esque site before? 

7 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Popper punk is one of the more ass network songs. It's just "amyl nitrate". But what the fuck? Did I say that the guys need a gdc-esque site before? 

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BUT WE'RE IN THE MINORITY HERE

I like the harmonies here, it’s like Billie is harmonising (I think it’s Billie) but lower rather than higher. 

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB BUT WE'RE IN THE MINORITY HERE

Stepped out of the line like a sheep runs from the herd...