07 - Goodnight Adeline - Song Discussion

Liam

It’s like a strange mashup of When I Come Around and 21 Guns and I’m into it. The chorus has been stuck in my head all night. 

• Like 3

Took a little bit of time to grow on me, but now that is has I think its spot mid-album is honestly perfect. 

• Like 1

A little whiff of Brit pop maybe but I feel the groove in this one.  Quite a banger for a mid-tempo number, Tre again making his presence felt, and Mike particularly noticeable early on I thought.  Billie sounding sweet and then ramping it up for the chorus.  Great song, well placed before Coma City and Corvette Summer hit. Love the guitars, the key change and long drawn out last note.

• Like 1

The riff really gives me 21 Guns feels. I like that it picks up during the hook for a crunchy, heavier sound.

• Like 3

Just listening to the full album. Had to listen to this song twice, once wasn't enough. Definitely (Maybe) get the britpop/Noel Gallagher vibes.

This song is starting to finally sound great in my ears. I knew from the very first listen that this one is gonna need a lot of re-listens, but it's definitely not a bad song. Verses are the the best parts, but that guitar solo absolutely slaps and is rivaling Billie's best guitar solo work from Dos!

• Like 1

This one is really growing on me. I liked it when I heard it for the first time but I didn’t think it would become one of my favorites. But the more I listen to it, the more I start to appreciate it. I can’t get the chorus out of my head. It might actually be in my personal top 5 by now.

• Like 2

I like this song. Not one of my favorites - it didn't instantly grab me - but I enjoy it. While I have my favorites and I think some songs are better than others, I don't think there's a single song on the album that I flat out don't like.

• Like 3

There's a part in the opening section of this song before the singing that I keep expecting the office theme tune to start

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

What are the lyrics about?

Addiction apparently 

• Like 3

It sounds to me like someone who isn’t able to fight for a relationship because they’re dealing with depression and/or addiction, but they’re trying to climb out of it.

Edit: That was not an original thought lol, Billie talked about it in this interview:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/25414209/green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-saviors/

• Like 3

Though this isn't one of my favorites from the new record, that hook gets stuck in my head A LOT. 

• Like 2

@pacejunkie punk Yeah, it’s not surprising given how he’s treated his body at times, but I was like shit when I read that. My heart sank.

• Like 2