03 - Bobby Sox - Song Discussion

Liam

18 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Wholesome is the perfect way to describe this song. It's a cute song about doing the most mundane things with your favorite person. Also, I get chills whenever Billie sings "DO YOU WANNA BE MY BOOOOYFRIEND?!" The riff is very Weezer, but that's fine. It works for the song.

It is but I also get Nirvana, that screechy grunge sound that Green Day never had.

• Like 3

Love this song, the bit where the guitars drop out and its just the bass leading the song is amazing. Reminds me of Gigantic by Pixies. The music video is pretty cool, definitely mirrors the early 90s sound of the song.

It also uses the quiet verse, loud chorus pattern that Pixies and Nirvana are well known for.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, roushgreenday1fan said:

This is a song that:

1: the video helped a ton with

2: the leaks didn’t do justice. This song is catchy, and emotional 

I had similar thinking when reading the lyrics (and even seeing the song title for the first time months back.)

I thought “what the hell is this weird title? These lyrics are basic.”

then hearing the track I am in love with the music,  vocal delivery, and production. Not at all weird or basic.

fantastic song

• Love 1

Loved this one from the first listen

• Like 1

Just noticed from this that Adrienne was in the video too

• Like 4

Wow what an incredibly uplifting song and video! Fucking awesome

• Love 2

I wasn't a big fan of the tiny snippet they released before the album came out, but wow, now this song has become my 2nd favourite after Dilemma. I love the contrast of the quiet parts and the explosion of passion in the chorus. Can't stop listening!

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 11:18 PM, greendepent said:

Watching the video I cannot stop to think that they kinda did recreate an old show from 1990.

Gotta love how Billie used to set the mic way above his height, looked so goofy trying to reach it to sing lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, devilskind92 said:

Gotta love how Billie used to set the mic way above his height, looked so goofy trying to reach it to sing lol

Goofy would be Van McCann from Catfish and the Bottlemen. Used to take them at least half an hour to set his mic up (think they weighted the bottom of the stand or something) and he had this weird way of singing into it :lol: Can't think how to better describe it

3 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I wasn't a big fan of the tiny snippet they released before the album came out, but wow, now this song has become my 2nd favourite after Dilemma. I love the contrast of the quiet parts and the explosion of passion in the chorus. Can't stop listening!

Right? I hyped this song up from the listening party and then my friends heard the snippet and were like “*that’s* the one you think is so great?” But out of context that yelling part does sound bad! But in the context of the song it’s like OMG THIS IS GREAT

• Like 2
  • Love 1

After the chorus I'm definitively hearing "do you wanna be my birlfriend" ??