Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

On 5/23/2024 at 8:48 AM, That Dude said:

Pulled out the ole "wait between green day albums" file and there's some other studies in this file as well.   There's the "latest promotion for albums after their release" portion.    Nimrod had the longest promotion, with the last video coming 1 year, 5 months and 9 days after the album release.     If we use that as the absolute farthest out that they will promote an album, Saviors could get a single as far out as June, 28th 2025.        Of course the more recent albums haven't been promoted that far out, but there were always some BS happening that kind of messed up their plans so maybe a single and video during the tour is possible.   

Music videos we got so far:

The American Dream is Killing Me

Look Ma, No Brains

Dilemma

Bobby Sox

One Eyed Bastard

My music video wish list:

Suzie Chapstick

Strange Days Are Here to Stay

Father to a Son

Saviors

Fancy Sauce

• Like 1

Saviors Tour starts in about one week! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Any Spotify number updates? Or are we not doing that anymore 🤔.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear this song

Perhaps it turned out to be a great song that didn't fit into Saviors tracklisting, and it'll pop up on a future album.  Or maybe not.  It's a cool sound, but maybe the rest of it wasn't that great or the lyrics Billie brought to it weren't up to par.   Who knows? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Perhaps it turned out to be a great song that didn't fit into Saviors tracklisting, and it'll pop up on a future album.  Or maybe not.  It's a cool sound, but maybe the rest of it wasn't that great or the lyrics Billie brought to it weren't up to par.   Who knows? 

Someone in the comments said they thought it sounds like an early take of Living in the 20s, but I don't hear it and it's in a different key

• Like 3

On 5/27/2024 at 2:58 AM, GDFan2019 said:

I wonder if we'll ever get to hear this song

I wanna hear the 'I Get Around'- The Beach Boys cover in full. Perhaps as a Longshot bonus in the future?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So he was recording Corvette Summer shortly after FOAM? Interesting.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

So he was recording Corvette Summer shortly after FOAM? Interesting.

I thought it might’ve been during FOAM

EDIT: On second thought, it might have been after it because the studio Billie is in doesn’t look like Butch Walker’s RubyRed studio. Maybe they recorded this at OTIS? So the question is, when did they record this? Because the pandemic shut everything down just a month after FOAM came out! 

Also, Butch played guitar on Goodnight Adeline, so when was that recorded?

Here are some photos of Butch’s studio, the ceiling looks totally different than the studio Billie was recording in

https://reverb.com/news/show-us-your-space-butch-walker-and-rubyred-productions

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Kypk4HfWe/?igsh=NjdiMWp1dWcxd3E3

“Thanks a lot Father of MoFo’s!!! We just blew up an amp!!!”

Someone else linked me to this on Reddit and it confirms that Billie posted these a few days before FOAM was released!!!!

And now that we know Corvette Summer was originally recorded for FOAM, I think we have a complete list of FOAM leftovers now

Corvette Summer

Fever

Art of the Deal with the Devil

Goodnight Adeline (Featuring Butch Walker on guitar)

Here Comes the Shock

Damn Juvenile Delinquents

One Eyed Bastard

• Like 4

On 5/29/2024 at 3:10 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Someone posted that clip of Billie recording Corvette Summer during the FOAM sessions!!!

I already thought that Corvette Summer sounds very much like a FOAM song. Very interesting!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Flashback said:

I already thought that Corvette Summer sounds very much like a FOAM song. Very interesting!

The first time I heard Corvette Summer, I was like, "Wait a minute, I've heard this before, but when?" And then it hit me, that Instagram video, and it took me forever to find it!!!!!

• Like 3

I was going to buy Green Day tickets but then I got scared because on the news I read about how a hacker group named ShinyHunters hacked into Ticketmaster and stole 560,000,000 people's info and is selling it on the dark web. Including names, credit card info, etc. Stay safe out there. 

• Like 2

Dilemma seems to be the biggest hit and seems to have stayed number 1 on a lot of charts for a pretty long time….OEB I never really liked….I think Bobby Sox should get radio push as a single or Suzie Chapsticks as that song numbers are pretty good…both have a summer vibe to them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

I did a comparison of this month's numbers vs. last month-

TZIbv6v.png

So for total numbers, Dilemma has passed TADIKM as the most played from Saviors.  Daily numbers are down, which is expected, except for LMNB which is up.  Daily retention numbers are decent, except for Living in the 20s and OEB which are down more than the others.

I'm glad that Goodnight adeline and suzie chapstick are getting better performance than 1981, I never knew why that awful song had so many plays the first 2 or 3 months.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Can't Wait until Green Day comes to Nashville #SaviorsTour #greenday

Wish they would drop another single from Saviors. There was some good momentum there for a little bit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Wish they would drop another single from Saviors. There was some good momentum there for a little bit.

Or promote Bobby Sox some more. I’m sorry we didn’t get more TV appearances as promotion

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

Fancy Sauce? 😁

We already got 3 fast ones (American Dream, No Brains, Bobby Sox) and Dilemma as the only slower one - and apparently the most successful one so far based on the numbers posted somewhere above. And usually their greatest hits have been the slowest tunes (Boulevard, Wake Me Up). So I think it's time for some Fancy Sauce. (Lots of bias in this post, to be fair 😂)

• Like 3