Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

Father to a son, Holy Toledo, Stab You in the Heart.....are there any other Green Day gems that came from this?    

At this rate, the next Green Day album is just gonna have repurposed Longshot songs on it. 

I honestly would’ve taken a full album of TPB songs recorded by Billie, rather than having him take the songs and just rewrite the lyrics. 

• Like 1

I don't like when artists just slowly lose their creativity and begin to repurpose songs from years ago, but in the case of Green Day, it also caused SDAHTS (bridge) to be created. That's a good song. But well, any artist can do anything uncreative like repurposing older songs, and it's normal. It's a thing that even created some albums like Nirvana's In Utero, which mainly consisted of leftovers dating back to 1990. And even then, people are all entitled to their opinions on topics, including this. Anyway, let's get back on topic. Living in the 20's is a very catchy song. Anyone agrees with this? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Album 15 thread, anyone? 

Already?! I would be surprised if anyone even knows anything about it 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

Already?! I would be surprised if anyone even knows anything about it 😄

And if they do, they'd just drive us nuts by hinting at things but then not explaining.    Then we'd all get mad and GDC falls apart.    2024 hasn't given us that much in terms of GREAT music.   Saviors is the only perfect record so far.     At least we have Jack Black singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time"......THAT'S great.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, That Dude said:

And if they do, they'd just drive us nuts by hinting at things but then not explaining.    Then we'd all get mad and GDC falls apart.    2024 hasn't given us that much in terms of GREAT music.   Saviors is the only perfect record so far.     At least we have Jack Black singing "Hit Me Baby One More Time"......THAT'S great.  

I saw your video on the estimated release date for Album 14 before they released anything. Maybe they'll do something in October like the rest of their stuff again? 

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

Jack Black is a great artist. He also did a cover of Polly by Nirvana.

Anyway about album 15, def gonna be 2028 and have DJD. Wild guessing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

Jack Black is a great artist. He also did a cover of Polly by Nirvana.

Anyway about album 15, def gonna be 2028 and have DJD. Wild guessing. 

But by then DJD could become BEA....Blessed Elderly Acquiescent.....uh oh.   Lack of Green Day news is making me wanna make a whole tracklist of this crap.....Cooky Baby Troublemaker, Charming Teenage Teenager Bank Robber.....oh no!      I think I'll go listen to Fever.   I haven't played it very much, what with all the Fancy Saucing going on over here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stupid Adolescent House Bomber. Hehe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jon has his ranking of Green Day albums updated and it's pretty entertaining.   A little bit standard, but he does offer differing opinions on Trilogy albums and Father of All and even includes Shenanigans for a tiny twist.  

• Like 3

Just made a cover of "Suzie Chapstick", i hope you like it!

• Like 2

I bet nobody's watched Return of the Blob OR Corvette Summer yet.    I haven't either, but I can still bet. 

20 hours ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

Just made a cover of "Suzie Chapstick", i hope you like it!

Really like it definitely best cover of the song on YT that I have heard. What do you use to record and mix down? Also the way you played it was true to the original but also seemed to have a jazz pop voicing to it which seemed very original as well. So bravo!

The guitar sounds great and when it comes to acoustics I’m a psycho about getting the right sound. It took an entire team at the store to find me the exact right acoustic for the sound I have in my head. It was an expensive one and the team was great but they earned their money that day. 

I would reconsider the mixing of the backing vocals. I find them to be overpowering to the lead but I would keep the same exact track. 

• Like 2

Here is this week's Spotify Saviors Streams:

1. The American Dream is Killing Me: 12,750,637

2. Look Ma, No Brains!: 8,427,336

3. Bobby Sox: 5,616,707

4. One Eyed Bastard: 8,135,666

5: Dilemma: 10,556,305

6. 1981: 3,155,862

7: Goodnight Adeline: 2,851,898

8. Coma City: 2,294,931

9: Corvette Summer: 2,383,827

10: Suzie Chapstick: 2,597,782

11: Strange Days Are Here to Stay: 2,290,223

12: Living in the 20's: 2,333,466

14: Saviors: 1,868,664

15: Fancy Sauce: 1,818,747

Here is what it looked like on Wednesday last week:

1. The American Dream Is Killing Me: 12,516,182

2 .Look Ma, No Brains!: 8,244,679

3. Bobby Sox: 5,394,072

4. One Eyed Bastard: 7,862,355

5 .Dilemma: 10,095,272

6. 1981: 3,022,996

7. Goodnight Adeline: 2,732,025

8. Coma City: 2,213,481

9. Corvette Summer: 2,295,752

10. Suzie Chapstick: 2,494,156

11. Strange Days Are Here to Stay: 2,203,802

12. Living in the 20's: 2,242,563

13. Father to a Son: 1,788,751

14. Saviors: 1,799,261

15. Fancy Sauce: 1,750,835

They all have gone up about 200,000 streams since Wednesday. That's really good!

Well that's not really true. Only some of the singles have gone up about 200k streams. The non-single tracks have only gone up 80,000-120,000. And Dilemma also gained around 450k streams, OEB gained close to 300k. TADIKM, LMNB and Bobby Sox are the singles that have gone up around 200k

Also, you didn't even include Father to a Son's streams for today.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Well that's not really true. Only some of the singles have gone up about 200k streams. The non-single tracks have only gone up 80,000-120,000. And Dilemma also gained around 450k streams, OEB gained close to 300k. TADIKM, LMNB and Bobby Sox are the singles that have gone up around 200k

Also, you didn't even include Father to a Son's streams for today.

WHY DO I ALWAYS FORGET A SONG 😭. I calculated the average amount of streams gained btw. I'll fix it.

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Speaking of streams, American Idiot is coming up on a billion.   

What is the number if you don't mind? 🥳

• Like 1

What is the number if you don't mind? 🥳

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It's time to WAIT a lifetime.. for that moment to come. 

• Like 2

I just want the Saviors Clone Hero pack bahahaha!!!

21 hours ago, Lenny said:

Really like it definitely best cover of the song on YT that I have heard. What do you use to record and mix down? Also the way you played it was true to the original but also seemed to have a jazz pop voicing to it which seemed very original as well. So bravo!

The guitar sounds great and when it comes to acoustics I’m a psycho about getting the right sound. It took an entire team at the store to find me the exact right acoustic for the sound I have in my head. It was an expensive one and the team was great but they earned their money that day. 

I would reconsider the mixing of the backing vocals. I find them to be overpowering to the lead but I would keep the same exact track. 

Thank you so much for your kind words! For all my covers i use an AKG P420 and a Scarlett Solo as an audio interface. I find a really good option to make music at home, cause the mic have the option to activate and record only what is pointed to a certain direction.

For mixing, i like the waves plugins and the valhalla as well. In this particular cover i just used three plugins for mixing: CLA-76, Abbey Road Chamber and ValhallaDelay. And in the master track: NLS Channel and SSLComp for the final glue :P

Its not easy to be satisfied sometimes with the sound, but in the end, we only have the chance to try and try again. Again, thank you for the feedback!

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

Speaking of streams, American Idiot is coming up on a billion.   

This is gonna be a massive year for our boys indeed! Its a really good time to be a green day fan

• Like 3