Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

13 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

For those following the sales/streaming #s, is Saviors doing well or is it underperforming?

Checked streaming numbers for Saviors today if you want a more accurate answer than yesterday haha. 

-The American Dream Is Killing Me: 12,516,182

-Look Ma, No Brains!: 8,244,679

-Bobby Sox: 5,394,072

-One Eyed Bastard: 7,862,355

-Dilemma: 10,095,272

-1981: 3,022,996

-Goodnight Adeline: 2,732,025

-Coma City: 2,213,481

-Corvette Summer: 2,295,752

-Suzie Chapstick: 2,494,156

-Strange Days Are Here to Stay: 2,203,802

-Living in the 20's: 2,242,563

-Father to a Son: 1,788,751

-Saviors: 1,799,261

-Fancy Sauce: 1,750,835

The singles have gone up about 2 million since last month while the other songs have only gone about 500-700 streams. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 million for 1981 is pretty good considering it’s not even a single yet. I guess it benefits from being listed first after the singles 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

Checked streaming numbers for Saviors today if you want a more accurate answer than yesterday haha. 

The singles have gone up about 2 million since last month while the other songs have only gone about 500-700 streams. 

And screw Corvette Summer, right? 😄    Adeline and Suzie benifit from being early in the tracklist and also sharing big ballad dna with the biggest hits.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

And screw Corvette Summer, right? 😄    Adeline and Suzie benifit from being early in the tracklist and also sharing big ballad dna with the biggest hits.

Whoops 😅. I checked over the list 100 times and still forgot to put a song. Let me fix that real quick. I love Corvette Summer, just forgot to put it 😅

• Like 1

Seems odd to me that there are new articles coming out right now talking about Saviors. Why wait so long to do these interviews/articles?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

-Corvette Summer: 2,295,752

Thanks but is this actually good considering all the hype and promotion (and that it’s a band as big as Green Day)?

• Like 2

Its great

My second favorite from that band after FOAMF

I didn't really like goodnight adeline and father to a son but I loved corvette living in the 20s and fancy sauce

Are they gonna play it live in full?

• Surprised 2

I can't believe I'm starting to see people saying FOAMF is their favourite album. And I don't mean that as an insult to people who like it, but up until the last month or so I think I've seen like 1 person say FOAMF is their favourite album

• Like 1

I like FOAM as well but my favorite is either Nimrod or 21CB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gerard Way s Bitch said:

Its great

My second favorite from that band after FOAMF

I didn't really like goodnight adeline and father to a son but I loved corvette living in the 20s and fancy sauce

Are they gonna play it live in full?

Yes, they are playing both American Idiot and Dookie in their entirety on the tour. I don't know about Saviors though. I am guessing they will play a majority of Saviors, maybe not all

Edited by GreenDayJunkie86

18 minutes ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

Yes, they are playing both American Idiot and Saviors in their entirety on the tour. 🤘

Saviors? You mean Dookie? They've said they're playing AI and Dookie in their entirety.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Saviors? You mean Dookie? They've said they're playing AI and Dookie in their entirety.

Oh yeah. That's what I meant, not Saviors. Sorry for the confusion 😬. I'll fix it.

I wish they'd be doing Saviors in full.   In fact, I've got a new setlist formula for the band:    New album in full / 13 of their biggest hits / and between 1-7 songs that can be anything.  Hits, deep cuts, covers, medleys, whatever.     The amounts of this last category simply depends on how many songs their new album has.    There would also be the occasion where a new song couldn't properly be performed, so I'd be okay with one of those songs being replaced by a rotating song.    But yes, this is what we should get.    I wish I loved the Idiot/Dookie and more idea, but it seems like too much.   Green Day can't cover 14 albums concisely on any night, but they are going to cram in worship of three albums on a entire tour?    Insanity.      I bet at one point they were planning on doing JUST an Idiot Dookie tour and then a new album tour later, but schedules got changed.    But yeah, give me at least what concerts USED to be - a mix of old, new, deep and shallow.   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Miko said:

I'd say there is zero chance we'll ever see Green Day perform Living in the '20s live.

That sucks, and your prediction would probably turn out somewhat accurate. IMO, I think they'll play it like 1-5 times and leave it forever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

That sucks, and your prediction would probably turn out somewhat accurate. IMO, I think they'll play it like 1-5 times and leave it forever.

1-5 times? Nowadays, unless it’s a single, I don’t expect to hear the song at all. I guess 1981 is an exception, but thats about it.

i always find it funny that the band is asked what their favorite songs on a new album are, and their answers are almost never played live. For Saviors, they all praised Father to a Son. For FOAM, Billie said Graffitia is one of his favorite songs and they’ve played it once EVER.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

1-5 times? Nowadays, unless it’s a single, I don’t expect to hear the song at all. I guess 1981 is an exception, but thats about it.

i always find it funny that the band is asked what their favorite songs on a new album are, and their answers are almost never played live. For Saviors, they all praised Father to a Son. For FOAM, Billie said Graffitia is one of his favorite songs and they’ve played it once EVER.

1-5 times is a simple estimate. I believe it'll actually be 2 or 3 times, as in the case of Android from Kerplunk it was performed thrice if you count the 2010 soundcheck. I believe we'll get to hear Corvette Summer a couple times this tour as Billie Joe posted the band rehearsing that and Father of All. 1981, without a doubt, will be a major song on the tour and maybe it'll be left forever after that as in the case of 21CB, The Static Age, American Eulogy, 99 Revs, Stay the Night, SWTRLF, Ordinary World, Youngblood and Forever Now. Even the Nimrod tour had this problem!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I can't believe I'm starting to see people saying FOAMF is their favourite album. And I don't mean that as an insult to people who like it, but up until the last month or so I think I've seen like 1 person say FOAMF is their favourite album

Yeah I've seen and heard of people who actually got into Green Day because of FOAMF

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

7 hours ago, Miko said:

I'd say there is zero chance we'll ever see Green Day perform Living in the '20s live.

Yeah, as far as the Saviors album cuts it's probably going to be Goodnight Adeline and Corvette Summer if they perform any non-singles from the album.  And they might not.  

• Like 1

Father to a son, Holy Toledo, Stab You in the Heart.....are there any other Green Day gems that came from this?    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Father to a son, Holy Toledo, Stab You in the Heart.....are there any other Green Day gems that came from this?    

Dreamcatcher and Baby Blue were in the musical but written in 2009-2011. 

I read someone say they disliked Billie’s lyrics “we got less” as they believe it’s a sense of entitlement.

I just want to come out and say if anyone actually possesses this devil’s advocate mentality then you’re a glutton for punishment.

politicians have been taking more so we get less and we get less services despite paying more. Employers make empty promises and we get less than what was promised.

In this Canadian health care crisis they promised us tier 1 health care, we are now getting less. It’s about empty promises not unrealistic expectations. 

• Like 3

1981 and Goodnight Adeline are charting:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Day_discography#2010s_and_2020s at 39 and 40.   

and hey, the band have had more singles this past decade than ever before: 

12 singles, 17 singles and now 22 singles from each decade I believe, giving us a total of 51 singles.    and out of 51, 37 have been pretty big.   Their chart power started to decline after Uno, picked back up a little bit with Rev Rad and then has kind of cleared out a bit since then.  I wonder if that's a specific part of their contract as well.   Albums for sure, but a certain number of singles in a decade?   Hmm... 

• Like 4
  • Surprised 2

RevRad had a lot charted. I hope at least 1 more Saviors song comes on charts!

• Like 1