Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

1 hour ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

For a very long time i considered Sum 41 as the worst band in the world ever (i do not think so anymore).

i would like to disagree with its placement there, it has nothing to do with the recently released album plus it adds views and likes to one of Green Day's traditional enemies (same genre, vice versa).

Not in the good thread I agree but I wanted the more people to view it because it's the most popular thread.
And Sum 41 is my 2nd favorite band so I wanted you to see this music video :P 

• Like 1

@Little Boy Named Booze Fair. i now want you to see this music video because it is from my 2nd and 3rd favourite band. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler

By 2nd favourite band, i mean that Green Day is so much higher than any other band, that they also cover 2nd and 3rd places on their own.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Not in the good thread I agree but I wanted the more people to view it because it's the most popular thread.
And Sum 41 is my 2nd favorite band so I wanted you to see this music video :P 

I actually dig this song! I was listening to it today and it reminds me of old school Sum 41. 

• Like 2

i do not listen to any music other than Green Day during -at least- the last 3 months. Therefore i will not listen to that song either.

Are there anywhere updated streaming statistics? Or they are no more available?

Edited by TheMostExpressivePrice
Automatic translation is showing signs of a downgrade.
  • Like 1

That's pure dedication to isolate yourself from anything other than GD.

• Like 1

The less active Green Day are, the more off topic we are allowed to get, 😄   Sum 41 could possibly be involved with the Network.  Just a theory.    But back to Saviors.   It's really solid.  Maybe some of us aren't as excited as previous eras because we're older and live is different now, but I still can't think of a 14th album that is this good.  Bad Religion's 14th is their worst, and Weezer's is decent.

Sum 41!

• Haha 1

SoaD's 14th is bad because it doesn't exist.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, That Dude said:

but I still can't think of a 14th album that is this good.  Bad Religion's 14th is their worst, and Weezer's is decent.

This is a terrible take. NMoH is one of my favorite BR album's & the deluxe edition with the acoustic tracks? Gorgeous stuff. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 龑美優 said:

This is a terrible take. NMoH is one of my favorite BR album's & the deluxe edition with the acoustic tracks? Gorgeous stuff. 

Glad you enjoy it. I love Empire Strikes Back and was hoping for more like that, I guess.  I love most of their catologue now, but that one never did anything for me.   I'll revisit it, but I do remember really hatiing it when it came out. Lol.  No such thing as terrible takes. 😉

i love the amount of conversation about God's Favourite Band and their 14th album in the last 2 pages.

WAIT A MOMENT-

• Like 1

Amazing album but I’m ready to go to hell for my useless GD opinion today! Wee:

My favorite songs from the album are constantly changing, while my 3 least favorite songs have been the same (and no, I don’t skip them when they’re on):

bobby Sox- a bit boring and the repetitive falsetto “ooos” feel generic, not fun. The scream is the best part. Now the making of video is Awesome as fuck!

dilemma- a bit boring. Scream and lyrics save it. The making of video shreds, though!

father to a son - gotta be in the mood, otherwise a bit cheesy. Mix is weird. String arrangements are cool as hell!

• Like 3

On 23/02/2024 at 23:36, suffoKate said:

dilemme - un peu ennuyeux. Le cri et les paroles le sauvent. Mais la réalisation de lambeaux vidéo !

i cannot understand how "Dilemma"'s music could be ''boring''. It offers tension, passion, lots of emotions and various instrumental and vocal peaks throughout the audio. The obvious suspect is that it was for longer available, therefore you might have heard it many times.

On 23/02/2024 at 23:36, suffoKate said:

père d'un fils - je dois être d'humeur, sinon un peu ringard. Le mélange est bizarre. Les arrangements de cordes sont vraiment cool !

From personal experience, even if you are not in the mood, the part after the first chorus makes you get into the mood.

As for me, no changes since January the 31st. The first three, "Strange Days Are Here To Stay", then "Living In The 20s" and finally "Saviours", while the opposite firms for "Look Ma, No Brains", "Coma City" and "Bobby Sox" (the latter is much higher than the first two, though).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

i cannot understand how "Dilemma"'s music could be ''boring''. It offers tension, passion, lots of emotions and various instrumental and vocal peaks throughout the audio. The obvious suspect is that it was for longer available, therefore you might have heard it many times.

From personal experience, even if you are not in the mood, the part after the first chorus makes you get into the mood.

As for me, no changes since January the 31st. The first three, "Strange Days Are Here To Stay", then "Living In The 20s" and finally "Saviours", while the opposite firms for "Look Ma, No Brains", "Coma City" and "Bobby Sox" (the latter is much higher than the first two, though).

I’ll admit I’m being hypercritical because I think Saviors is a near perfect album for me. 
Is strange days your favorite off the album?

• Like 1

Just now, suffoKate said:

J'avoue que je suis hypercritique parce que je pense que Saviors est un album presque parfait pour moi. 
Est-ce que Strange Days est votre préféré de l’album ?

From the very first listen, its melody, its amazing guitar and the composition took my mind away. It is one of the best songs Green Day have ever composed, coming from a person who loved almost all periods of Green Day (bar 1994, 2012 and 2020).

i also liked very much the other two, especially the verses in the title track.

i agree with you, "Saviours", as far as i am concerned, one of their best albums music-wise and their best in terms of direction.

• Like 1

@suffoKate While what i said applies for almost all of the album, unfortunately it does not in the case of "Look Ma, No Brains"; it is abysmal, sadly, and it sounds as if it was created during "Father Of All" with few influences from "Slappy" EP. But other than that, the album surprised me positively on its entirety.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suffoKate said:

I’ll admit I’m being hypercritical because I think Saviors is a near perfect album for me. 
Is strange days your favorite off the album?

I know I'm not the one being asked but FUCK YES.

• Like 1

Today I'm ending my streak of listening to Saviors every day, I got tired 😅

7 hours ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

unfortunately it does not in the case of "Look Ma, No Brains"; it is abysmal, sadly, and it sounds as if it was created during "Father Of All" with few influences from "Slappy" EP.

No it doesn't...

• Like 2

I think a fourth music video was always quite likely and not something that only insiders could predict 😅

14 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Didn't we already said this account wasn't legit during the 1972 thread?

And a single? Meaning a new song or a new music video with a Saviors song?

There's a chance they could do just another MV, there was an interview which mentioned a proposed 1981 MV. And yes, the account is fake. I looked through the posts and saw a pre-Saviors claim about 1981 being the first single, which didn't end up true. 

16 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

There's a chance they could do just another MV, there was an interview which mentioned a proposed 1981 MV. And yes, the account is fake. I looked through the posts and saw a pre-Saviors claim about 1981 being the first single, which didn't end up true. 

Yes it was Ryan Baxley that said they were maybe going to do another video. This fake account probably took it from that hoping no one else saw the interview