Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I’m off from work today!!!! 

LUCKY 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

You know what? Maybe it could be part of Fever, like the bridge or something

I doubt it personally dude, the leak for Fever was a totally different style to the dog snippet. It was a good bit slower and you could tell it was written for FOAM too

Yeah I woke up at 4am to listen to the whole thing before work (first time since prelistening Party), I also walked through my hometown to listen to it.

I‘m happy with the record. Its not my favorite record but I really love it. I can‘t even pick my favorite and still trying to like „suzie“ more, but I‘m working on it 😂 I love this record and they can be really proud of it. It has so much from their previous records and also trying new things at the same time. I think I will spend my weekend at home and listen to it as much as I can

• Like 1

Solid record overall I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to listen to it with some good open back headphones on lossless later to appreciate it more. Will see how it stands the test of time but at least I feel like this one sounds like they put effort to it unlike the trilogy and father of all. Revolution radio also was a record I feel like they tried but because they decided to produce it themselves it sounded pretty bad at certain parts.

This one sounds good and feels personal and relatable. The only songs I didn't particularly care about were 1981 and Saviors. 

If anyone comes across a signed CD, please let me know 🙏🏽 thanks friends! Happy Saviors Day!

13 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I don’t really like to say stuff like “best album since [insert title here]” because I feel like in doing so, it puts down albums I love. I am a HUGE 21CB and RevRad fan, they’re top favorites for me. I also think select songs from the trilogy are some of the best they’ve ever put out (Brutal Love and Lazy Bones have my heart). 

But! This is the first album of theirs post-American Idiot to make me feel so…nostalgic? for when I first fell in love with them, because this is the first album since AI (not just of theirs but in general) to evoke those same emotions. The lyricism is on the same level as American Idiot for me. Baby me had a bunch of feelings about what was going on in 2004 and Green Day swooped in and put them into this magnificent, affirming package. It felt important and I felt seen. Current me has a lot of feelings about the world today and they’ve somehow done it again. This album so deeply speaks to me emotionally and politically. There’s a fire to it, and there’s also disbelief and despair and searching for love and connection in the middle of it. 

Honestly I think all their albums are good, even foam, with the joan jett sampling and unfamiliar falsettos, sugar youth is no doubt the best from foam

but let's get back on topic, coma city is epic

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gonzalo17 said:

What happens with fever? Why isnt out yet?

From the snippet I've heard they can lock it away forever. It should never see the light of day.

I feel sorry for the folks in Japan having that turd as a closer (particularly after Fancy Sauce)

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’m off from work today!!!! 

All real fans are off today.   Haha. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, That Dude said:

All real fans are off today.   Haha. 

...or stayed up past midnight despite having work in the morning, like me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a fantastic album from start to finish. I had pre-ordered it at Streetlight Records in San Jose, CA during the listening party there, and we were told that's the only way you could get the special LP sleeves. I get there this morning only to find out that they'd never actually received the sleeves despite ordering them, and they would call me when they came in. They also didn't receive many lyric books for the listening party, either but luckily I got one.

It absolutely fascinates me how the two major record stores in Silicon Valley (Streetlight and Rasputin) repeatedly get shafted for special events including Record Store Day, I usually have to drive up to Berkeley for that kind of stuff nowadays.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2SxqNsxcd6/?igsh=ZWQwdXFoOWI4cmxy
Just posted a cover of Suzie Chapstick!!!! Enjoy!!!

I just got on here to say the guitar chords are up for most of the songs and I'm literally holding my acoustic guitar and playing Suzie Chapstick.  Great minds, man.  Great minds!