Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Billie was thinking about a straight up fast paced, punk rock record.  But that would have been a bummer for a lot of people.  Then thought about Brit Pop and Power Pop,  but decided on a mixed bag, an album of variety which is great.  I don't know if this is good or bad, but Green Day kind of have to do variety on their albums now.  All britpop, all punk rock, all 60s groove thang, it wouldn't go over well.  

I guess what I'm getting at is...album 15!!!!!  What could possibly be like? 

Speaking of variety, Nimrod. It's different genres of punk in one: the signature punk sound of the 1990s Green Day, hardcore punk (Platypus, Take BACK), ska punk (King for a Day), and others, instrumental music (Last Ride In) and acoustic rock (Good Riddance)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

They're gonna record album 15 in Canada.
A canpop album.

Ever since Tim Hortons died it hasn't been the same
Maple Syrup going crazy, Gretzky on the Fentanyl now.
Ice hockey are here to stay

Finally an album that Foiled Can / Boiled Can can fit on.   Foiled Canada / Boiled Canada.  😄 

If Foiled Can is there then bring in some old shit! Boys in the Bathroom Stall, Minnesota Girl... maybe even bring the rock Christmas album from 2002-2003!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 1:06 PM, jengd said:

Noooooo, please not yet,

Okay.  After Basketcase hits a billion streams but before American Idiot hits 900,000,000, deal?  😉 

But earlier than both if we hear anything real related to Album 15, which we will now call by it's working title Cubscout27. 

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

Okay.  After Basketcase hits a billion streams but before American Idiot hits 900,000,000, deal?  😉 

But earlier than both if we hear anything real related to Album 15, which we will now call by it's working title Cubscout27. 

The title does sure sound like someone at the studio was baked... heh ;)

If we get a 6-song EP named 1974 with both Heroin Pops and Kill Whitey I think I will have genies in my room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The 99th revolution said:

The title does sure sound like someone at the studio was baked... heh ;)

If we get a 6-song EP named 1974 with both Heroin Pops and Kill Whitey I think I will have genies in my room.

An EP but all 6 songs are 10 minutes a piece, called the Long Short Of It, haha.  I gotta go see if any of my other Green Day cds are enhanced...this 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hour stuff is amaze-balls!   Oh and Saviors this, Saviors that, bada bing bada boom.

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Let’s just bask in the beauty of Saviors. 

That old album?  It's been out for like a month.   Haha    I'm definitely basking in Saviors, particularly Fancy Sauce and Strange Days are here to stay.   The lyrics sent me down a rabbit hole of all this stuff about Bowie's death and it's pretty wild.   

Interesting to look at the ups and downs of Green Day's album sales. 

Up with the first three records, down with the next three records, then up with idiot, down with Breakdown, then down, down, down with Trilogy, up with Revolution Radio, down with Father of all and so far, down with Saviors.  

up, up, up, down, down, down, up, down, down, down, down, up, down, down.    This isn't a bad thing.  After all, nobody has 14 albums all tied for first place with 28 Million copies sold, that'd be crazy.    I won't try to make a pattern out of the ups and downs - that's a little beyond my fandom.   But you can if you want.   Are we in for 2 more downs before getting an up?   Will Album 17 be a huge spike in albums sales?   Uh oh, I'm doing it.   gotta bounce.

1 hour ago, jengd said:

He’s been with SJC for ten years, he’s celebrating it with this post.

Look like they're parting ways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Oh you could be right, I hadn't read the last bit properly but he does say "it's been a great ride" so sounds like he is leaving.  

Green Day could just replace Tre with someone else who play's SJC.    Let's see.....Jay Weinberg!  Tre could join Slipknot and everything would be perfect.  Haha  I love GDC.   Just when I think I'm a little too obsessed with Green Day or that maybe I should chill a little bit, you guys find info on these angles of the band I never even dream of.    Guitar pick ups, amps, drum brands.     What other aspect of this band am I missing out on?   The brand of glasses they use?   How far behind am  I at collecting all the plates Tre Cool has made in his free time?   I bet I'm not even the runner up or the last one to lose the race, because one of you has already purchased all of them for a sum of money that would make a Dude a little bit jealous.   lol.    

56 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Green Day could just replace Tre with someone else who play's SJC.    Let's see.....Jay Weinberg!  Tre could join Slipknot and everything would be perfect.  Haha  I love GDC.   Just when I think I'm a little too obsessed with Green Day or that maybe I should chill a little bit, you guys find info on these angles of the band I never even dream of.    Guitar pick ups, amps, drum brands.     What other aspect of this band am I missing out on?   The brand of glasses they use?   How far behind am  I at collecting all the plates Tre Cool has made in his free time?   I bet I'm not even the runner up or the last one to lose the race, because one of you has already purchased all of them for a sum of money that would make a Dude a little bit jealous.   lol.    

Brandon Steineckert from Rancid plays SJC. When I saw them live he had a shiny silver set that was just beautiful. I couldn’t stop looking at the drumset.

• Like 2

Think about this: The next album will very likely be the last of the 20s.  Then we'll be living in the THIR-TIES.

Still waiting on my (signed) CD preorder from Warner Australia (but at least it appears to be on its way)

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:05 AM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

They're gonna record album 15 in Canada.
A canpop album.

Ever since Tim Hortons died it hasn't been the same
Maple Syrup going crazy, Gretzky on the Fentanyl now.
Ice hockey are here to stay

They can do Album 15 in Canada, but I'm getting them down here in South Carolina for 16.    Fans think they hated what Butch Walker did with Green Day, they haven't heard ANYTHING yet.   Muhuhuhuahua.   I mean.....everyone will love the DUDE direction I put Green Day.   Yeah.....it'll be great.   

eec0d258b3c330f61599b4c14c17ed9dabc50211