Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Fancy Sauce now tops my most played songs of 4 weeks, 6 months and all time.   What have YOU done for Fancy Sauce lately?   January 24th was my record, I listened to it 46 times on that day.   Wow.    I'm trying to get Goodnight Adeline to overtake 1981, because it's too popular and it's messing with my hipness.  lol.   I gotta get Strange Days up there with the Fancy Sauce too.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Fancy Sauce now tops my most played songs of 4 weeks, 6 months and all time.   What have YOU done for Fancy Sauce lately?   January 24th was my record, I listened to it 46 times on that day.   Wow.    I'm trying to get Goodnight Adeline to overtake 1981, because it's too popular and it's messing with my hipness.  lol.   I gotta get Strange Days up there with the Fancy Sauce too.    

Can I put a request in for you to loop Coma City?

Just now, Christian's Inferno! said:

Can I put a request in for you to loop Coma City?

You can, but I won't do it.   🤩    I've actually played that one MORE than I wanted, so I'm trying to keep it from climbing right now.   Currently my 12st most played for the month, 9th most played for 6 months and 12th most played song of all time and space and coffee.  It's grown on me, but it's still one of the worst songs on the record for me.   

• Surprised 1

I think I've figure out the tracklist for the 1972 EP.  The songs in the teasers plus "Saviors" and "1981".  I don't remember which article, but I've seen those talked about being created early in the process.     If this is correct, it would have been a fun little punk rock listen and it would have altered what Album 14 ended up being in a huge way.    

1972:  

Look Ma No Brains

Fancy Sauce

Coma City

Lving in the 20s

Saviors

Album 14 would probably be called The American Dream Is Killing Me and be more Power Pop and Brit Pop:  

1. American Dream is Killing Me

2.  Bobby Sox

3. One Eyed Bastard

4. Fever 

5. Dilemma

6. Goodnight Adeline

7. Corvette Summer

8. Suzie Chapstick

9.  Strange days are Here to Stay

10.Father to a Son

11. Darn Junvinile Delinquents (Part I-15)

Just curious if anyone had seen streaming numbers from Amazon or Apple Music. Or, unlike Spotify, do they not share that data?

I’d wish they’d play Father to a Son Coma City Strange Days over Corvette Summer as they are better songs and would be better single choices 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

is it not very early for the tour? also cant see FOAM being played in stadiums haha....maybe something else on a smaller scale on the horizon? 

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

And I thought the cowbell was an overdub 😂 but does anyone know which app Billie is using for the vocals? Looks like it can show lyrics matched with the tempo of the song!

7 hours ago, That Dude said:

I think I've figure out the tracklist for the 1972 EP.  The songs in the teasers plus "Saviors" and "1981".  I don't remember which article, but I've seen those talked about being created early in the process.     If this is correct, it would have been a fun little punk rock listen and it would have altered what Album 14 ended up being in a huge way.    

1972:  

Look Ma No Brains

Fancy Sauce

Coma City

Lving in the 20s

Saviors

Album 14 would probably be called The American Dream Is Killing Me and be more Power Pop and Brit Pop:  

1. American Dream is Killing Me

2.  Bobby Sox

3. One Eyed Bastard

4. Fever 

5. Dilemma

6. Goodnight Adeline

7. Corvette Summer

8. Suzie Chapstick

9.  Strange days are Here to Stay

10.Father to a Son

11. Darn Junvinile Delinquents (Part I-15)

My tracklist for the EP is:
1. TADIKM
2. One Eyed Bastard
3. Saviors
4. Corvette Summer
5. Damn Juvenile Delinquents
6. Fever

It'd be the FOAM leftovers

The 14th would've been called Strange Days and considered punk rock and pop-punk, maybe power pop as well:
1. Dilemma
2. Look Ma No Brains
3. Bobby Sox
4. 1981
5. Good Night Adeline
6. Coma City
7. Fritz
8. See You Again
9. Strange Days
10. Living in the 20s
11. Father to a Son
12. We All Die Young

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miko said:

Not surprising at all.

Since it dropped only to #10 in Germany I was quite surprised.

Obviously, I knew it would drop from week one sales, but I was still hoping it could stay in the top 25. It’s just a shame because so much went into the promotion and build up to this album, and the album itself is SO good. I am still streaming it multiple times a day. I just want the songs to be heard cause I think this is Green Day’s best work in a really long time. We’ll see. Keep streaming folks, and hopefully there will be a rebound in the coming weeks. 🤞🏻

Edited by Twundy
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Honestly so sad. It’s a quality album but rock is just that dead and people don’t follow Green Day anymore outside of the big fans.

• Sad 3

I don't like the fact that there aren't any new entries in the top 20 of the Billboard 200. They're all albums that have been there for weeks at least

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

and father of all 😂

They should make a mix of father to a son and father of all

A father of all sons who are motherfuckers

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lenny said:

They should make a mix of father to a son and father of all

A father of all sons who are motherfuckers

Would've been an awesome working title for the album

34 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I don't like the fact that there aren't any new entries in the top 20 of the Billboard 200. They're all albums that have been there for weeks at least

The music industry is broken in so many ways. We went from owning records to having personal devices that stored all those cds and files in one place on the go.

Now we rent music from a virtual service that is more legal than downloading but pays artists about the same as illegal downloading. It’s ok though cause it’s a corporation setting up the service.

GD is #1 in physical sales out of the list in the last 2 weeks. They’re the true number 1. I never met anyone who actually physically owned a Drake cd or vinyl.

GD is laughing anyways cause they made their money and pulled another top 5 for their legacy. The tour will be huge. They’re a shoe-in for a grammy nom with this record too.

2 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Would've been an awesome working title for the album

Mustard font over the saviors cover

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The music industry is broken in so many ways. We went from owning records to having personal devices that stored all those cds and files in one place on the go.

Now we rent music from a virtual service that is more legal than downloading but pays artists about the same as illegal downloading. It’s ok though cause it’s a corporation setting up the service.

GD is #1 in physical sales out of the list in the last 2 weeks. They’re the true number 1. I never met anyone who actually physically owned a Drake cd or vinyl.

GD is laughing anyways cause they made their money and pulled another top 5 for their legacy. The tour will be huge. They’re a shoe-in for a grammy nom with this record too.

Mustard font over the saviors cover

Then BBQ font for the 15th, mayo font for the 16th, mayochup font for the 17th and fancy sauce font for the 18th.

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, DookieLukie said:

Honestly so sad. It’s a quality album but rock is just that dead and people don’t follow Green Day anymore outside of the big fans.

Green Day are doing well.  So many bands that were huge in 1994 are now broke and playing in divebars for 10 or 20 people who paid 10 bucks to get in and half of them are just there to drink.   I mean, it's great for me because I can chat with the band and be front row center, but it's a far cry from what Green Day are doing.   I don't think Green Day will ever get to divebar level.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Green Day are doing well.  So many bands that were huge in 1994 are now broke and playing in divebars for 10 or 20 people who paid 10 bucks to get in and half of them are just there to drink.   I mean, it's great for me because I can chat with the band and be front row center, but it's a far cry from what Green Day are doing.   I don't think Green Day will ever get to divebar level.  

That’s good perspective, thanks. It’s also rare for a band 30 years in to put out one of their better works, so I think that’s part of the disappointment with popularity. Still confused how Blink maintains their popularity.

• Like 2