Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Wonder what the totals of the singles are when combined with their single release versions on Spotify. Their sorting sucks and keeps the versions separate.

Doesn't seem to be the case for me. When I view the count on the album and the single count, I see the same number

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CocaColaX said:

It’s dropped from 1 to 26 in the UK official charts . 😢😭  Going by the amount of vinyl copies of Saviors up on ebay, I guess a lot of the pre-orders were bought to sell, although some seem to be listed by ‘record dealers’.

I think that’s fairly normal for rock albums these days. They debut in high positions and then drop off the charts after a few weeks.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CocaColaX said:

It’s dropped from 1 to 26 in the UK official charts . 😢😭  Going by the amount of vinyl copies of Saviors up on ebay, I guess a lot of the pre-orders were bought to sell, although some seem to be listed by ‘record dealers’.

FOAM dropped to 17 on the UK charts on its second week after also debuting at no. 1. So that's quite disappointing to see Savior drop further, to 26.

On the Top Album Sales chart, it dropped from 1 to 10 while FOAM dropped from 1 to 6. Based on first week sales, I would've expected Saviors to do better.
On the Top Album Downloads chart, it dropped from 1 to 27 while FOAM dropped from 1 to 9
On the Top Album Streaming chart, it dropped from 23 to 93, while FOAM dropped from 24 to being off the chart

This indicates just how poorly they do in terms of streaming compared to album sales/downloads. But, while Saviors poor album sales has resulted in lower chart positions on the main album chart, the fact that it's doing better than FOAM in terms of streaming is a pretty good sign even if its streaming numbers aren't comparable to more mainstream pop artists

Idk why the album seemed to do worse than FOAM in terms of album sales. The obvious answer is that people don't buy albums as much as 4 years ago but Saviors sold more on its first week in the UK than FOAM did (https://www.musicweek.com/analysis/read/charts-analysis-green-day-top-30-000-sales-with-saviors/089168/). I guess those first week sales just meant less people left to buy the album on the 2nd week

Apparently Saviors sold 3,933 units in the UK on its 2nd week (including sales, streams & downloads) http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=269075&st=0&start=0

Idk what FOAM's 2nd week sales were in the UK (EDIT: Apparently it was 3,635 http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=230819). So Saviors still got more units in week 2 but charted lower

• Sad 1

I wonder if there will be a rock revival some day again like in the early 2000s 🤔 maybe Olivia Rodrigo is the beginning to bridge the gap from pop back to rock.

• Like 1

I’ve been listening to the album on Spotify and now I finally found the CD at my local FYE!!! Looks kinda weird on my CD rack though, it’s a little taller than the other albums!

• Like 4

Here's what I expected from the Billboard reviews:
Bobby Sox - something like Linkin Park performing Weezer
Dilemma - Actually don't even know
Goodnight Adeline - Acoustic-worthy song
Coma City - Something in the speed of Sugar Youth
Corvette Summer - Some garage song in the vein of Sugar Youth in a way
Suzie Chapstick - Something melodic
Strange Days - Something in the vein of alien noises, UFO noises, fast vocals and glitched-up guitars
Living in the 20s - A punky-altrock song
Father to a Son - The actual song
Saviors - 21st Century Breakdown-ish song
Fancy Sauce - A power ballad, even though the title at first sight made me think of a meatball on a plate

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

I’ve been listening to the album on Spotify and now I finally found the CD at my local FYE!!! Looks kinda weird on my CD rack though, it’s a little taller than the other albums!

I got it from a preorder and it arrived 1 day after release, and I feel the asymmetry is a bout of living hell too. Considering I also own BBC Sessions, which has the same packaging and length.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Scissors can solve that problem.  ;)

• Haha 1

What is the main difference between side A and side B?   

So now the album has been out for a bit and I've listened to it to death, this fucking SLAMS. Bobby Sox is awful but everything else is absolutely top tier. Probably a top 3 Green Day album for me, they've absolutely nailed it. 

Billie is a lot more shouty these days, there's an additional grit and power to his voice throughout the record that's never really been there before. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spike said:

So now the album has been out for a bit and I've listened to it to death, this fucking SLAMS. Bobby Sox is awful but everything else is absolutely top tier. Probably a top 3 Green Day album for me, they've absolutely nailed it. 

Billie is a lot more shouty these days, there's an additional grit and power to his voice throughout the record that's never really been there before. 

I love it too but top 3? It’s simply not better than Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, AI, and Kerplunk. Everything else is debatable imo.

• Like 2

The orchestra contractor for Saviors worked on P.O.D's Satellite album back in 2001.   Whoa, can't believe I stumbled into that tonight.  She did string arrangements and conducting with P.O.D.    Good ole Suzie Chapstick...I mean Suzy Katayama.

Songs I love and have on repeat: 

- Suzie Chapstick, Goodnight Adeline, Look Ma No Brain

Songs I don't like/ toward which I'm indifferent:

- Bobby Sox, Comma City, Saviors, Corvette Summer

• Like 1

Maybe the inflation has an impact on album sales. FOAM came out a few weeks before lockdown and before people lost their jobs or got less work. Now everything‘s more expensive and people keep a lot money. 
For example: Football/Soccer is very expensive to watch here in Germany (30€ Bundesliga plus another 40€, maybe 10€ Amazon for Champions League = 70-80€). 4 years ago you could see everything for 30€. Similar for Concerts, food, gas, Streaming Services etc. Plus a lot lost interest in Rock Music :(

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Maybe the inflation has an impact on album sales. FOAM came out a few weeks before lockdown and before people lost their jobs or got less work. Now everything‘s more expensive and people keep a lot money. 
For example: Football/Soccer is very expensive to watch here in Germany (30€ Bundesliga plus another 40€, maybe 10€ Amazon for Champions League = 70-80€). 4 years ago you could see everything for 30€. Similar for Concerts, food, gas, Streaming Services etc. Plus a lot lost interest in Rock Music :(

Well Saviors did cost 8€ on iTunes after its release, that would have been cheap for an album even 5 years ago 😅

19 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Well Saviors did cost 8€ on iTunes after its release, that would have been cheap for an album even 5 years ago 😅

Tbf who wants the digital version of it when you pay 8-10 for a streaming platform? 😂

Most of us here bought at least a physical version plus streaming

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Tbf who wants the digital version of it when you pay 8-10 for a streaming platform? 😂

Most of us here bought at least a physical version plus streaming

I did for a long time 😄

34 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I did for a long time 😄

Autsch 😂

We should push to get a deep cut more streams than Basketcase.   Can we just all go hard on Fancy Sauce until it's the most streamed song in all of history?     Screw whatever "Blinding Lights" is, let the Fancy Sauce cover all lights in darkness as we all die young someday.

we all die young and watch it slip away 

we all die young someday! 

There are some artists whose deep cuts exceed their singles somehow, and that's really cool.   Green Day should join that elite club.   

• Like 4

Do you have the time, to be famous, stupid and contagious.

On 2/3/2024 at 6:58 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

The American Dream Is Killing Me - 10,899,800 (+86k)
Look Ma, No Brains! - 6,899,107 (+75k)
Bobby Sox - 3,628,829 (+112k)
One Eyed Bastard - 5,871,848 (+121k)
Dilemma - 7,633,185 (+115k)
1981 - 1,957,914 (+71k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,794,517 (+58k)
Coma City - 1,530,161 (+44k)
Corvette Summer - 1,554,916 (+48k)
Suzie Chapstick - 1,618,591 (+61k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 1,485,836 (+49k)
Living in the '20s - 1,455,501 (+57k)
Father to a Son - 1,227,080 (+41k)
Saviors - 1,207,503 (+38k)
Fancy Sauce - 1,166,070 (+37k)

TOTAL - 49,930,858 (+1,014,022)

The American Dream Is Killing Me - 10,974,533 (+75k)
Look Ma, No Brains! - 6,964,588 (+65k)
Bobby Sox - 3,717,986 (+89k)
One Eyed Bastard - 5,972,822 (+101k)
Dilemma - 7,733,019 (+100k)
1981 - 2,018,794 (+61k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,844,564 (+50k)
Coma City - 1,568,119 (+38k)
Corvette Summer - 1,595,486 (+41k)
Suzie Chapstick - 1,671,806 (+53k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 1,527,301 (+41k)
Living in the '20s - 1,496,452 (+41k)
Father to a Son - 1,259,578 (+32k)
Saviors - 1,238,628 (+31k)
Fancy Sauce - 1,196,465 (+30k)

TOTAL - 50,780,141 (+849,283)

I think this is a low point in terms of daily increase. Hopefully things will pick up a bit

• Like 4