Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Who would be a good female replacement for Billie Joe? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Too much love on that thread. It’s a double standard for sure there’s no defending it. 

There's never too much love lol. We all adore Green day more after they gifted us another great album. The boys especially Billie deserve their share of praising.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

With how much crap OEB got on this site when it leaked, it's interesting to see that this is the best performing track for the past few days. Guess the criticism didn't translate to the general public. I've always been a fan of OEB. 

I mean I think it just has the advantage at the moment cause it was the most recent single when the album released. In a few weeks it'll likely be getting the same amount or less than other singles. I doubt it will overtake Dilemma or TADIKM but we'll just have to see

Hey, can someone here access this article in full? https://www.musicweek.com/analysis/read/charts-analysis-green-day-top-30-000-sales-with-saviors/089168/

The article's already been posted here before, it says how many sales Saviors got in the UK in its first week. I just want to know if the article says anything interesting after "Green Day’s previous..." Like maybe info about previous albums sales? But I'm not going to pay to look at an article

Not that I am an marketing expert, but since we have such a large gap between now and the first set of shows, I think it would be nice to see the band let Dilemma cook and see where it can hit on the charts. Once it inevitably slows down, one more single (1981, which is the highest streamed non-single).

I wanted so badly to suggest a Side-B song, but I don't think any of them have the ability to be the earworm that 1981 could be

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

1981 'doing well' is only because is in the sequence of the previous singles on the streaming services

the best non-single is Suzie Chapstick, that surpass plays of the two previous tracks

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

People wishing Billie will do thing to them, etc...

There's literally a rule against that in there (fantasising/posting about doing stuff to him). It's just people saying he looks hot

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hermione said:

There's literally a rule against that in there (fantasising/posting about doing stuff to him). It's just people saying he looks hot

Well this rule haven't been respected because in the last 3 years I can quote a lot of posts fantasising about Billie 😅 But it's double standard and mods only see what they want anyway.

• Like 1

Two weeks have passed since the release of this album and it still does not fail to constantly surprise and amaze me. The composition and the direction is phenomenal, flow between songs is incredible, almost no misses in album songs (*cough* "LMNB" *cough* "CC") and when played live they are even more astonishing. In case it keeps #1 or #2 on any charts for long, it will be fully deserved!

i cannot wait for the "Saviours" tour/more live performances! :woot:

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Il y a littéralement une règle contre cela là-dedans (fantasmer/poster sur le fait de lui faire des trucs). Ce sont juste les gens qui disent qu'il a l'air sexy

Does this rule apply for any fantasies about Green Day members, or only to those with either sexual or assasination character?

If i say, for example, ''i had a fantasy where Mike Dirnt drove a monster truck and participated in rally'', it is illegal according to that rule?

Or what if you just said "I had a fantasy where Tre Cool sang Hitchin' a Ride, Too Much Too Soon, Nightlife, Platypus and Dominated Love Slave at a show at the Collisee Pepsi in Quebec"- NEVERMIND It's definitely legal to fantasize about crazy deep cut flooded sets

13 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Or what if you just said "I had a fantasy where Tre Cool sang Hitchin' a Ride, Too Much Too Soon, Nightlife, Platypus and Dominated Love Slave at a show at the Collisee Pepsi in Quebec"- NEVERMIND It's definitely legal to fantasize about crazy deep cut flooded sets

Why are you talking about an old arena that doesn't even exist anymore in my city 😅

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Why are you talking about an old arena that doesn't even exist anymore in my city 😅

I actually have no idea, oh nvm I was just thinking about places in which Green Day played like once and went with that

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Look Mom, Yes Color!

Ain't this the same guy who had color test stuff from Macy's Day Parade?

Instagram was mentioned in "Suzie Chapstick", TikTok in the lead single.

Their next song i guess will contain mentions to Truth Social?

They'll probably mention their own site in a song named "12J345YHIBGUFR8FUTH" 

Wonder what the totals of the singles are when combined with their single release versions on Spotify. Their sorting sucks and keeps the versions separate.