Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

52 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I wonder if Saviors promo dropped off a little this week in preparation for Dookie's 30th anniversary 

Although Billie posted a bunch of recording session clips in his Instagram story the other day

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

Oh Green Day! Really? This is frenetic! i never believed i would encounter such a case! (the ''spoiler'' below includes senseless, useless, worthless statistics, do not open if you do not desire to spend your precious time)

Hide contents

At least, it confirms i am not among the craziest people on Earth, which was a fear i had when i came across a few absurd records for my activity on GreenTube (i recorded them by myself because it does not keep track): once, i have listened to "Nightlife" 30 consecutive times - mostly to realize what in their name Green Day were doing, 20 and 17 seperate consecutive times to "Christian's Inferno", 14 to "Android", 13 to "Say Goodbye", 12 to "Know Your Enemy" and 10 for each of "Ashley", "Private Ale", "Tight Wad Hill", "Holiday" and "Rest". But 1000+ times in two weeks? This aforementioned person is DEDICATED.

i might have been off for a week, but i took a break from what i was involved into to see how my favourite community is doing and whether the enthusiasm about this era has returned.

"Saviours" is Green Day's best directed/written album EVER. Even better than "American Idiot", "21st Century Breakdown" and "Warning:". What i mean is that the connection, the links between album songs are the strongest i have seen. "Look Ma, No Brains" may still be a stain to this album's glory and "Coma City" completely lacks character, but "Saviours", speaking generally, is amazing in terms of transitions, placements (except for tracks 5-7) and other related issues.

Christian's Inferno, Android, Know Your Enemy, Ashley, Private Ale, Tightwad Hill, Holiday... all epic tracks.

Can’t stop listening.  I think Saviors could have been a great single.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 1/31/2024 at 11:54 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Best way to win a day is to go in the Fangirls thread and post a picture of Billie Joe almost naked

Aka playing she in msg circa 1994

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 5:54 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Best way to win a day is to go in the Fangirls thread and post a picture of Billie Joe almost naked

That thread is such a horrible double standard. Imagine if we had an Adrienne threat where we ogled over her pics. This place would throw a riot.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

That thread is such a horrible double standard. Imagine if we had an Adrienne threat where we ogled over her pics. This place would throw a riot.

I already tried to fight that fight 2 or 3 years ago.  Resulted in a ban.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

99 revolutions (I am not involved)

Just now, The 99th revolution said:

99 revolutions (I am not involved)

Well it's gonna be 98 revolutions!

Today didn't seem to bring any real challengers in terms of new music.   Any releases you guys like from today?

Maybe it's a little early for Album 15.   Let's start with a possible 2025 EP thread or Green Day in the Studio rumor thread.  I remember how smooth GDC was during 1972 era and wow.   We definitely need to go there again.

30 minutes ago, Mato said:

It may have to do with the fact that Adrienne is not in Green Day, which this forum is all about and not about band members' wives.

So because Billie is in the band, we can objectify him and ogle him?

3 hours ago, jengd said:

Can’t stop listening.  I think Saviors could have been a great single.

For me IS the BEST one of the album

40 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So because Billie is in the band, we can objectify him and ogle him?

The hell are you talking about? It's been indicated numerous times on this forum to not post photos of band's wives or their families.
Who's objectifying? Calm your tits and enjoy the new record. Jesus Christ 😔

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mato said:

The hell are you talking about? It's been indicated numerous times on this forum to not post photos of band's wives or their families.
Who's objectifying? Calm your tits and enjoy the new record. Jesus Christ 😔

He's not wrong tho in the fangirls thread Billie is being literally objectified. People wishing Billie will do thing to them, etc...
That's why I'm trying to stay out of this thread.

• Like 2

Same here because I'll give myself the creeps and my mind'll play tricks on me. Then it'll all keep adding up, which in response will make me think I'm cracking up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

He's not wrong tho in the fangirls thread Billie is being literally objectified. People wishing Billie will do thing to them, etc...
That's why I'm trying to stay out of this thread.

Wr definitely don't want Billie Joe doing things to little boys named booze.   😄   I'm still trying to find another 90s band with 14 great albums.  Weezer has the quanity but eh oh barf,  a couple of horrific. 

The album dropped from no. 2 to no. 10 in the German charts. Not too bad, considering both RevRad and FOAM fell out of the top 10 after a week.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The American Dream Is Killing Me - 10,813,892 (+89k)
Look Ma, No Brains! - 6,823,635 (+76k)
Bobby Sox - 3,516,777 (+110k)
One Eyed Bastard - 5,751,084 (+118k)
Dilemma - 7,517,876 (+116k)
1981 - 1,887,280 (+69k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,736,281 (+59k)
Coma City - 1,486,080 (+45k)
Corvette Summer - 1,506,868 (+48k)
Suzie Chapstick - 1,557,222 (+57k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 1,436,880 (+49k)
Living in the '20s - 1,398,812 (+50k)
Father to a Son - 1,185,769 (+36k)
Saviors - 1,169,060 (+37k)
Fancy Sauce - 1,129,320 (+36k)

TOTAL - 48,916,836 (+994,587)

I swam in Fancy Sauce yesterday.  I drank it, ate it, snorted it.  Hasn't gotten old yet. Doing several long drives today, guess what I'm listening to the whole way?     Fancy Sauce.  I think the next album will kick off with Simple Meat and eh oh!  

It will be interesting to see how these numbers look in a couple years.

3 hours ago, jengd said:

In our defence,  being a regular on the fangirl thread, if there is any debate about anyone doing anything to anyone, it’s often us forming a posse to fix his eyeliner etc.  so it’s pretty jokey.  Yes, there is a lot of “how gorgeous is Billie looking” and much discussion about his hair but  it’s jokey and pretty respectful.  There’s a lot of love on that thread. 

Too much love on that thread. It’s a double standard for sure there’s no defending it.