Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

6 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Last two tracks of the album are the BEST ones (of course i'm not countig fever as parte of It)

Exactly mate. Saviors and Fancy Sauce go INSANELY hard man. Saviors has an amazing chorus and Fancy Sauce has an amazing jam that sounds hella fun to play.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

No, I LOVE the title track saviors. If we could all rank our favorite title tracks, I’d go with

1)21CB

2) SAVIORS

3)MM 2020

4) Warning

5) AI

6)Rev Rad

The fact you left out FOA makes me think you don't particularly care for that track lol. Here's how I would rank the title tracks

1) 21st Century Breakdown - Absolute god tier track. An amazing way to start off my favourite album of all time (along with Song of the Century)
2) American Idiot - A great song. Perhaps a little overplayed but for good reason, it's a genuinely great track with great commentary
3) Saviors - Already explained my thoughts on this
4) Warning - A great track but not one my absolute favourite songs
5) Revolution Radio - A solid track but kind of suffers from the "generic/buzzword political commentary" that a lot of the political tracks from 2012-2016 suffer from
6) Father of All - I like the instrumentation a lot (as good as it gets on FOAM), I don't like the vocals at all though
7) Money Money 2020 - I don't particularly care for The Network overall and this isn't one of my favourite Network tracks anyway but it's still ok

5 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Dilemma chart positions

Canada Rock - 35
US Alternative airplay - 35
US Rock Airplay - 25

I realize a couple of people have reacted to this with a :cry: emoji. But these are just the starting positions of the song on the chart. They will get higher and will likely reach the top of the rock charts. That's how Green Day singles have generally acted on these rock charts in the past few years with the singles from FOAM and RevRad. They start off low before reaching their peak later. Green Day's success on these charts is usually down to airplay more than anything so this is an indicator that Dilemma is starting to get radio play now after TADIKM has been near the top of these charts for several weeks

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The fact you left out FOA makes me think you don't particularly care for that track lol. Here's how I would rank the title tracks

1) 21st Century Breakdown - Absolute god tier track. An amazing way to start off my favourite album of all time (along with Song of the Century)
2) American Idiot - A great song. Perhaps a little overplayed but for good reason, it's a genuinely great track with great commentary
3) Saviors - Already explained my thoughts on this
4) Warning - A great track but not one my absolute favourite songs
5) Revolution Radio - A solid track but kind of suffers from the "generic/buzzword political commentary" that a lot of the political tracks from 2012-2016 suffer from
6) Father of All - I like the instrumentation a lot (as good as it gets on FOAM), I don't like the vocals at all though
7) Money Money 2020 - I don't particularly care for The Network overall and this isn't one of my favourite Network tracks anyway but it's still ok

I realize a couple of people have reacted to this with a :cry: emoji. But these are just the starting positions of the song on the chart. They will get higher and will likely reach the top of the rock charts. That's how Green Day singles have generally acted on these rock charts in the past few years with the singles from FOAM and RevRad. They start off low before reaching their peak later. Green Day's success on these charts is usually down to airplay more than anything so this is an indicator that Dilemma is starting to get radio play now after TADIKM has been near the top of these charts for several weeks

FOA is a genuine good song, but when I first heard it, it was very hard to get used too. I started to like it over time and the drums fucking rock honestly.

Corvette Summer has climbed up to my personal favorite track! I like that it has Big Star vibes. I would take  an entire album this way, so I settle for The Longshot.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Before Covid. I thought he said he wrote it for FOAM but decided not to do it because he wasn’t ready to dive back in to politics just yet

You’re right, before Covid.

43 minutes ago, JordanAtaide8290 said:

I am insanely stupid, I'm so sorry.

i’m sure nobody is saying that but it is difficult to read one huge para. 

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think I'm one of very few people who has the title track in my favourites. It's not my absolute favourite but I'd put it in my top 5 of the album. It's a very simple track with a very simple hook and on my first couple listens, it didn't particularly stand out. But it's only grown on me over time and think it's elevated by concluding the main themes of the album. It kind of acts as a climax to the album in the same way American Eulogy or Homecoming does to their respective albums but would also work as a closer too in the same way that See the Light does, if Fancy Sauce wasn't the closer. It's a bit of a weird title track, I don't think title tracks usually act as these big end of album songs and for Green Day, it's the only title track that doesn't take place within the first 3 tracks of an album

Agreed, I really love Saviors. Don’t understand those first comments we read.

Now that saviors is out, I can finally make a full album tierlist.

1. 21st Century Breakdown - This album is a masterpiece. That might be insane to say, but its a 18 track album and its one of the largest green day albums and its probably my favorite.

2. Saviors - I know this album just came out but it grew to be one of my favorite albums.

3. American Idiot - Its a no brainer this HAS to be up here. It just has too. its an AMAZING album. No debating.

4. Dookie - This is one of their best albums because its CLASSIC and it was their first album that got popular.

5. Uno - Its an insanely catchy album and its just epic as hell. Each song is awesome.

6. Dos - I love the experimenting with songs such as 'Nightlife" and I love the genre and stuff they did.

7. Tre - Its catchy but not my favorite and I stick to that.

8. Revolution Radio - Its alright. I wouldn't say its good. Only song I like are "Youngblood" and "Bang Bang".

9. Father of all Motherfuckers - Its a VERY short album but its alright. I dont really like this album.

10. Nimrod - Its a fast paced album and every song is so iconic.

11. Warning - Its alright but a downgrade from nimrod.

12. Insomniac - I don't really like this album, idk. It's not my taste. There is SOME songs I like in this one.

13. Kerplunk - I didnt hear much songs from this album.

14. 39/Smooth - Some songs are catchy but I dont hear much from this album enough to put it up.

This is it for my ranking. Remember, this is all an opinion so just respect it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

12 minutes ago, jengd said:

You’re right, before Covid.

i’m sure nobody is saying that but it is difficult to read one huge para. 

Agreed, I really love Saviors. Don’t understand those first comments we read.

Chorus could've been stronger repeating tonight four times seems a little much but at least it's not as repetitive as here comes the shock 

Just noticed One Eyed Bastard is now 10th place in Green Day's Spotify page. Weird that this is the one that made it to the Popular list, but hey, cool to see a new song up there.

• Like 1

Ranking Green Day albums is a challenge for me because I tend to place most of them on the same tier (which is: I like them, but I don't find myself listening to them all that often). However, for the ones that I do listen to quite frequently, here's how I'd line them up:

1. American Idiot
2. 21st Century Breakdown
3. Saviors
4. Revolution Radio
5. Trilogy

I acknowledge that Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning might be superior to the Trilogy, but since I find myself not revisiting them as much, it's hard for me to put them above Uno, Dos, and Tré. There's something about the sound and essence of the post-American Idiot era that just resonates more with me. When it comes to my least favorites, the bottom slots would likely go to Father of All, Kerplunk, and 39/Smooth, in that order.

One of these days I'll stop and listen to their entire discography and decide where each album fits on my personal ranking.

• Like 2

Did anyone here received the signed CD? Was it worth?

A re-seller is offering me one in my country, by a crazy price, but a quick search on eBay let me down…lame autographs, like Mike didn’t even put an effort at all.

I appreciate they tried but I’ve seen better autographs signed in a hurry at airports.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

The American Dream Is Killing Me - 10,542,863 (+96k)
Look Ma, No Brains! - 6,584,752 (+86k)
Bobby Sox - 3,171,750 (+122k)
One Eyed Bastard - 5,387,439 (+128k)
Dilemma - 7,160,648 (+125k)
1981 - 1,673,507 (+77k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,550,904 (+68k)
Coma City - 1,341,128 (+53k)
Corvette Summer - 1,356,449 (+56k)
Suzie Chapstick - 1,380,228 (+65k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 1,283,273 (+57k)
Living in the '20s - 1,242,703 (+57k)
Father to a Son - 1,070,508 (+43k)
Saviors - 1,048,289 (+44k)
Fancy Sauce - 1,015,049 (+45k)

TOTAL - 45,809,490 (+1,123,874)

An increase compared to yesterday. All tracks are now above the 1 million point though the last 3 tracks are still trailing behind the rest of the tracks

I know pop acts get streams in the hundreds of millions and they say Green Day doesn’t do well in streaming but 45 million streams already for a new album out less than two weeks?  That seems pretty good. 

1 minute ago, ¡Nunes! said:

Did anyone here received the signed CD? Was it worth?

A re-seller is offering me one in my country, by a crazy price, but a quick search on eBay let me down…lame autographs, like Mike didn’t even put an effort at all.

I appreciate they tried but I’ve seen better autographs signed in a hurry at airports.

They had to have signed over a thousand of these and most of the ones I’ve seen look pretty sloppy and rushed as you would understand. Tre even signed some of them “Ringo” after a while

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I know pop acts get streams in the hundreds of millions and they say Green Day doesn’t do well in streaming but 45 million streams already for a new album out less than two weeks?  That seems pretty good. 

A lot of that is due to the pre-release singles though which have had weeks or months to accumulate streams. But I don't think it's that bad. Considering FOAMF only has about 100 million more streams than Saviors does while it's been out for 4 years now, I think Saviors is looking to be an improvement and will overtake FOAMF at some point. If it ever does overtake RevRad, which is at over 400 million streams and I think is still gaining streams at a decent rate, it will take a very long time

• Like 1

Imagine signing thousands of cds.  Conjures images of Bart writing on the chalkboard....but imagine being worth 75 Million dollars.   I'd sign stuff 16 hours a day, lol.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JordanAtaide8290 said:

Now that saviors is out, I can finally make a full album tierlist.

1. 21st Century Breakdown - This album is a masterpiece. That might be insane to say, but its a 18 track album and its one of the largest green day albums and its probably my favorite.

2. Saviors - I know this album just came out but it grew to be one of my favorite albums.

3. American Idiot - Its a no brainer this HAS to be up here. It just has too. its an AMAZING album. No debating.

4. Dookie - This is one of their best albums because its CLASSIC and it was their first album that got popular.

5. Uno - Its an insanely catchy album and its just epic as hell. Each song is awesome.

6. Dos - I love the experimenting with songs such as 'Nightlife" and I love the genre and stuff they did.

7. Tre - Its catchy but not my favorite and I stick to that.

8. Revolution Radio - Its alright. I wouldn't say its good. Only song I like are "Youngblood" and "Bang Bang".

9. Father of all Motherfuckers - Its a VERY short album but its alright. I dont really like this album.

10. Nimrod - Its a fast paced album and every song is so iconic.

11. Warning - Its alright but a downgrade from nimrod.

12. Insomniac - I don't really like this album, idk. It's not my taste. There is SOME songs I like in this one.

13. Kerplunk - I didnt hear much songs from this album.

14. 39/Smooth - Some songs are catchy but I dont hear much from this album enough to put it up.

This is it for my ranking. Remember, this is all an opinion so just respect it.

are you just going to keep hurting my eyes with this pile of words? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

are you just going to keep hurting my eyes with this pile of words? 

Like I said, opinions.

45 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

An increase compared to yesterday. All tracks are now above the 1 million point though the last 3 tracks are still trailing behind the rest of the tracks

So, I have been living under a rock and always used telegram to listen to music. Realised that I wasnt giving the band any official viewrship and downloaded spotify for the first time. Maybe the numbers increased cause I listen to the album 3 times a day now.

Just now, JordanAtaide8290 said:

Like I said, opinions.

Maybe its just me but I felt dizzy trying to read your review, decided to skip them but you managed to write bunch of posts. They physically hurt my eyes

• Surprised 1

1 minute ago, Warszawa said:

So, I have been living under a rock and always used telegram to listen to music. Realised that I wasnt giving the band any official viewrship and downloaded spotify for the first time. Maybe the numbers increased cause I listen to the album 3 times a day now.

Maybe its just me but I felt dizzy trying to read your review, decided to skip them but you managed to write bunch of posts. They physically hurt my eyes

Sorry.

• Sad 1

Telegram seems like the most sketchy place on the internet.  I deleted it the SECOND Saviors officially released.....because....I guess I can't say.  I just got rid of it as soon as possible.  😄 

• Like 1

One person isn't going to make a difference to the numbers in a few days. If you listen to the band's discography regularly for years, then yeah that might make a difference but even then, there's only so much one person can do

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

One person isn't going to make a difference to the numbers in a few days. If you listen to the band's discography regularly for years, then yeah that might make a difference but even then, there's only so much one person can do

I will make it up for it

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Telegram seems like the most sketchy place on the internet.  I deleted it the SECOND Saviors officially released.....because....I guess I can't say.  I just got rid of it as soon as possible.  😄 

XDD Why sketchy? You get everything earlier than everyone else. That's where I listen to Joe rogan podcasts, find links to illegal streams, heck even my university chat is there.