Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

19 minutes ago, 1039SweetChildren said:

For a band as big as Green Day, the numbers are really low. 

Yeah I mean the streaming numbers on their face SEEM high but 109 on the albums chart in the US seems crazy low. 

• Sad 1

I know it's from a long time ago but at 3:43 it's 100% Livin in the 20's

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I know it's from a long time ago but at 3:43 it's 100% Livin in the 20's

Does anyone know what that first snippet is. Part of it is definitely LMNB, but I don’t think other aspects of that clip were used.

its a shame too, because that clip is one of my favorites out of all of them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Yeah I mean the streaming numbers on their face SEEM high but 109 on the albums chart in the US seems crazy low. 

I thought they were 2nd in the spotify top album charts.

6 hours ago, Saviour said:

GD are very much a legacy band now. I’m not surprised the numbers aren’t great. 

We’re all old as fuck and the cool kids are listening to Swedish songwriters and trap beats.

0% pure uncut rock.

• Haha 1

I hope Dilemma has momentum and in some charts goes #1….Bobby Sox…I think will chart….then Goodnight Adeline or Father to a Som…before the summer tour…hopefully will chart and get music videos and a push…REV RAD…had 2 number #1’s with Bang Bang (should open every show)…and then Still Breathing was another #1….and Nice Guys Finish last came out over a year after Nimrod was released so I hope we get 5 months or more of videos and singles before the tour 

• Like 3

It's weird because 21CB was still in promotion even after release, source: iirc akasaka blitz (last night on earth live ep) was may 25 or 28 2009

• Like 2

We are keeping Green Day alive by ourselves. But it would be nice if newer generations embraced better the band instead of being thrown into pop and hip hop.

5 hours ago, Flashback said:

C'est juste moi ou la promotion s'est arrêtée il y a une semaine ? En plus de reposter des trucs, Green Day est très calme sur les réseaux sociaux depuis quelques jours 😅

COULD THEY BE PREPARING SOMETHING ELSE????1?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

We are keeping Green Day alive by ourselves. But it would be nice if newer generations embraced better the band instead of being thrown into pop and hip hop.

COULD THEY BE PREPARING SOMETHING ELSE????1?

Honestly, I've seen that even the young people have a passion for Green Day and some even can have one for rock in general! But to be honest, the current era of music seems inescapable for this generation.

11 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

There are still plenty of people listening to Green Day and there will be for decades to come. Even if the new albums aren't getting a lot of listens, their biggest albums/songs will be remembered fondly for generations regardless of the state of rock in the mainstream

Can you guys stop talking about the current mainstream music / hip hop being shit. It's honestly just getting really repetitive. Nobody cares if you guys hate pop and rap

13 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Where are you getting that 109 position? The Billboard charts haven't updated yet, right?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Last of the rockers not to put interludes on their album.   Thank you, Green Day!    I hope we never get a Green Day intro/outro/interlude.   

;)

And yes, I know one could argue for Song of the Century but please don't.  It's a full song, darn it.   Same thing with the dos 'intro'.   Full song! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Last of the rockers not to put interludes on their album.   Thank you, Green Day!    I hope we never get a Green Day intro/outro/interlude.   

;)

And yes, I know one could argue for Song of the Century but please don't.  It's a full song, darn it.   Same thing with the dos 'intro'.   Full song! 

They made a song called welcome for american idiot. Are you glad they didn't put it on the final?

2 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Il y a encore beaucoup de gens qui écoutent Green Day et ce sera le cas pendant des décennies. Même si les nouveaux albums ne sont pas très écoutés, leurs plus grands albums/chansons resteront dans les mémoires pendant des générations, quel que soit l'état du rock dans le courant dominant.

Pouvez-vous arrêter de dire que la musique mainstream et le hip hop actuels sont de la merde ? Honnêtement, cela devient vraiment répétitif. Tout le monde s'en fiche si vous détestez la pop et le rap

Où trouvez-vous ce poste 109 ? Les graphiques Billboard n’ont pas encore été mis à jour, n’est-ce pas ?

Did i say i hate these music trends? i only complained, because they take away from Green Day and related bands important part of the fanbase. If rock itself was the reason Green Day did not gain more fans, i would complain about rock as well.

As for your first statement, i think the same. But the introduction of new fans is severely reduced compared to previous eras, even "Revolution Radio" one.

9 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Ils ont fait une chanson intitulée Welcome for American idiot. Êtes-vous content qu'ils ne l'aient pas mis en finale ?

''Dear Idiots, can you hear me whining?

It's been ten whole cups o' coffee,

since that i've left America.''

and so on.

Holy shit, you just wrote a song named Welcome to Hell! I appreciate you and the blenders that made Damn Juvenile Delinquents (Dream Mix) possible. (If you don't get the blender part, read the Green Day Dreams post)

21 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

Did i say i hate these music trends? i only complained, because they take away from Green Day and related bands important part of the fanbase. If rock itself was the reason Green Day did not gain more fans, i would complain about rock as well.

As for your first statement, i think the same. But the introduction of new fans is severely reduced compared to previous eras, even "Revolution Radio" one.

''Dear Idiots, can you hear me whining?

It's been ten whole cups o' coffee,

since that i've left America.''

and so on.

Oh science, fifteen minutes without anyone doing ANYTHING! Are they all listening to secret unreleased content and so keep being silent? Are "Saviours" worse than "Father Of All", hence they try to meisure their disappointment by not talking much*? Are they searching other sites, desperate for new content? Or, last but not least, Are We, We Are? Are We, We Are The Waiting? (unknown?)

*Please do not ban me or take it literally, i obviously say that for ironic purposes. 😇

I'm listening to Mutron Jam and it sounds familiar.. kicks off with a DUDUDUDU DU DUDUDUDU drum intro and then this 60s-70s dun dun dudun dun dududududun dun du dudududun melody. The first lyric is "we're no strange to love" or something? What the fuck? /s

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Where are you getting that 109 position? The Billboard charts haven't updated yet, right?

That Spotify stats tweet you shared.

3 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

J'écoute Mutron Jam et ça me semble familier... ça démarre avec une intro de batterie DUDUDUDU DU DUDUDUDU puis cette mélodie des années 60-70 dun dun dudun dun dududududun dun du dudududun. Les premières paroles sont "nous ne sommes pas étranges à aimer" ou quelque chose comme ça ? C'est quoi ce bordel ? /s

Since there's no one left around, and you're the last active account, and your song can't even (be) played when it doesn't even sound, here is a bit more of expirementation:

''We're no strange to love,

the last of the dough,

we're gonna travel at the speed of sound.

We have no one to tell,

and we can't hear well,

cause the smoke and ashes are blocking us.

So here comes the day

before it goes away,

cause it's drown in a sky of gray (colour).

Smell the burning books,

and the frozen looks,

of a crowd trying to be saved,

to no avail,

to no avail...''

(in "Carpe Diem" melody)

24 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

Since there's no one left around, and you're the last active account, and your song can't even (be) played when it doesn't even sound, here is a bit more of expirementation:

''We're no strange to love,

the last of the dough,

we're gonna travel at the speed of sound.

We have no one to tell,

and we can't hear well,

cause the smoke and ashes are blocking us.

So here comes the day

before it goes away,

cause it's drown in a sky of gray (colour).

Smell the burning books,

and the frozen looks,

of a crowd trying to be saved,

to no avail,

to no avail...''

(in "Carpe Diem" melody)

Wow you actually made a good song out of a simple joke! Nice songwriting btw.

If the GDC Awards was still a thing you two would win the best buddy award.

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If the GDC Awards was still a thing you two would win the best buddy award.

Exactly, I felt that we're real buddies after some time of conversations

31 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Oh lol. Well I don't think that's that unusual at this point. There are a lot of more mainstream artists who are much more successful on a streaming front but do a lot worse in terms of album sales and/or digital downloads. Look at other big rock bands and their latest albums probably wouldn't have gotten much higher

Speaking of spotify...

Spotify update

Bobby Sox - 2,945,138 (+136k)
1981 - 1,527,428 (+92k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,422,945 (+78k)
Coma City - 1,241,253 (+62k)
Corvette Summer - 1,251,160 (+65k)
Suzie Chapstick - 1,258,432 (+73k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 1,176,934 (+65k)
Living in the '20s - 1,136,717 (+64k)
Father to a Son - 988,324 (+52k)
Saviors - 966,567 (+52k)
Fancy Sauce - 930,003 (+51k)

I was expecting Father to a Son to become one of the more successful songs on the album because it’s a ballad, and Green Day has a pretty good track record with such songs. Looks like I was wrong. But Suzie Chapstick seems to be a bit of a fan favorite.

• Like 3