Bobby Sox seems to be getting the most traction of all the tracks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Bobby Sox seems to be getting the most traction of all the tracks

I’m assuming having a music video for the song helps get more plays/views

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

It would be weird if they called it "Saviours tour" and performed only singles. Most songs will be definitely be played live, either often or sometimes. Only "Corvette Summer" and "Fancy Sauce" could not be performed at all during this Summer, only because there might be not enough time for other songs than the 2 anniversary albums.

Bobby sox and 1981 could be performed and they're not singles:
Bobby sox is not a single to me it wasn't confirmed iirc, it just has an mv like last ride in

1 hour ago, The 99th revolution said:

Bobby sox is not a single to me it wasn't confirmed iirc, it just has an mv like last ride in

But isn’t that was singles are these days? Songs with music videos? Artists don’t sell physical copies of singles anymore, and no one really downloads individual songs because you can just stream them.

• Like 4

Look, it can be a single to you and others, but to me, it's not due to no confirmation seen by me

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Seems like streams are in the order like the album tracks?

8 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Spotify update

Bobby Sox - 2,613,810 (+256k)
1981 - 1,322,372 (+124k)
Goodnight Adeline - 1,245,829 (+114k)
Coma City - 1,099,526 (+95k)
Corvette Summer - 1,101,218 (+101k)
Suzie Chapstick - 1,092,630 (+104k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 1,030,267 (+96k)
Living in the '20s - 990,032 (+88k)
Father to a Son - 867,589 (+75k)
Saviors - 849,403 (+76k)
Fancy Sauce - 809,053 (+73k)

2 hours ago, The 99th revolution said:

When a song from an album/single has a music video it is considered a fking single. Even green day release a single version of a song exclusively for radio airplay.

I don't know what you're smoking but afafdhfhagkdbhfkglahahqgx

1 minute ago, Nezirath270 said:

When a song from an album/single has a music video it is considered a fking single. Even green day release a single version of a song exclusively for radio airplay.

I don't know what you're smoking but afafdhfhagkdbhfkglahahqgx

Last ride in has an mv and isn't a single

57 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Look, it can be a single to you and others, but to me, it's not due to no confirmation seen by me

Okay blind  mind

1 minute ago, Nezirath270 said:

Okay blind  mind

Well you can call it a single all you want (as if last ride in never had an mv...) but I'm not going to call it one and you should accept that. Also there are singles the band made that have no MVs. J.A.R., She (only has official audio to celebrate god's favorite band release), Let Yourself Go (only live video) and When It's Time.

Guys, Bobby Sox is a single. It really seems silly to bring up Last Ride In's music video as a counter when that's an instrumental track from 1997 and the music video is just a compilation of clips.

Singles today are different from how they were even just 10 years. When a song gets a music video release on the same day as the album release and gets way more streams than all the album tracks, I think it's fair to say that's a single

59 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Corvette Summer has more streams than Coma City but so far, yeah. Suzie Chapstick also is getting more streams per day than Coma City so that track will surpass Coma City within the next day or two. Idk why though, Coma City is a banger

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Guys, Bobby Sox is a single. It really seems silly to bring up Last Ride In's music video as a counter when that's an instrumental track from 1997 and the music video is just a compilation of clips.

Singles today are different from how they were even just 10 years. When a song gets a music video release on the same day as the album release and gets way more streams than all the album tracks, I think it's fair to say that's a single

Corvette Summer has more streams than Coma City but so far, yeah. Suzie Chapstick also is getting more streams per day than Coma City so that track will surpass Coma City within the next day or two. Idk why though, Coma City is a banger

Oh, I didn't pay attention that if it's a mv on album release date it's a single.

2 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

people nowadays click the new album and start listening to it, but quit it in the middle before they reach the end

and spotify wont even let you shuffle albums

there is a reason why all the singles are "side a" of the album

and tracklists nowadays dont follow a musical pattern, company bosses want the "better/mainstream" songs in the beginning because thats what most people gonna hear in the end

• Surprised 1

29 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

people nowadays click the new album and start listening to it, but quit it in the middle before they reach the end

and tracklists nowadays dont follow a musical pattern, company bosses want the "better/mainstream" songs in the beginning because thats what most people gonna hear in the end

You can‘t play an album on shuffle? Weird… 

But I‘m honest, Suzie is the only Track mostly skip, I dont really like it :(

10 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Yeah it's probably my least favourite track too (along with OEB) but I do like its placement in the album. Right in between some of the more high energy tracks

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

https://www.metal-hammer.de/spotify-entfernt-shuffle-funktion-bei-alben-1884687/

i see you are from germany, the article is in german, say thank you to Adele 🙄

suzie is one of my favorites on the album :D corvette summer and saviors are probably my "skip songs"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

https://www.metal-hammer.de/spotify-entfernt-shuffle-funktion-bei-alben-1884687/

i see you are from germany, the article is in german, say thank you to Adele 🙄

suzie is one of my favorites on the album :D corvette summer and saviors are probably my "skip songs"

Ein weiterer Grund, wieso ich die und ihre nervtötende Musik nur grauenhaft finde 😂

Komisch, dass es nur Spotify betrifft und Apple Music nicht, da nutz ich die oft

1 hour ago, Robbie1039 said:

This album makes me want to get a better stereo set up so I can appreciate it in its full glory.  I feel like I could be an audiophile, but I’m just too poor to dive deep into getting better equipment lol. 

Also had a listening party with just me and my dad because he’s the one that introduced me to Green Day.  I still remember being a kid and hearing my dad play the American Idiot CD on his stereo system and thinking that guitar riff of was the coolest thing I’ve ever heard.  It’s also kind of a tradition for us to listen to their new albums together.  I remember listening to DOS! with him in my old bedroom and just cracking up because of the song Fuck Time lol.  

Would have been more awkward if you and your dad had an arguement and then that brat song played😂

Happened to me once. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

You can still shuffle albums on Spotify, it’s just no longer the default option like it was (thanks to Adele who requested that feature be changed). There’s a shuffle symbol next to the play button to shuffle if you want. Some artists still put a lot of thought and effort into the track order and want people to hear it that way, like many of us used to. Adele is one of those artists apparently. So is Green Day. They might have front loaded the singles but I think they still are intentional with their track order for the most part.

• Like 3

:ninja:

Edited by TheMostExpressivePrice
Delete.

1 hour ago, Nezirath270 said:

Would have been more awkward if you and your dad had an arguement and then that brat song played😂

Happened to me once. 

Hahaha that’s a good one.  

Edited by Robbie1039
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Robbie1039 said:

Hahaha that’s a good one.  

It would be like, some scuffle and then
"MOM AND DAD DON'T LOOK SO HOT THESE DAYS"

• Like 1