Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

1 minute ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

Your post will be removed because it is irrevelant to "Saviours".

There is a different discussion for that kind of posts, or you could create one other.

Damn I just wanted to say what I said because album 15 speculation was mentioned

Anyway, since it is the first week after the album's release, what tracks that at first were not your favourites became some of the songs that you listen now more often? Did any song have the opposite route for you?

Except for "Living In The 20s" and "Goodnight Adeline", i have not really changed my opinion about them.

• Like 1

Look ma I listened to a lot when it first released as an mv but I hate it now because I just don't dig the vocals in the beginning

• Thanks 1

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Le train muletier Warner a finalement livré mon CD

They could be walking and therefore be unable to reach you in time. They might have been walking a few boulevards, past a Westbound Sign, wandering down some streets (all by themselves), walking on eggshells and their old stomping grounds on Stuart's Avenue, running away from the river on the streets and finally there they came, marching down the streets. This is why we should not make easy conclusions.

57 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Wasn't this the same issue with RevRad and FOAM? Both albums went to #2 in Germany behind some Schlager album? 😂

I think RevRad lost the 1st spot against Sportfreunde Stiller or something (god, what a boring band)

• Sad 1

Just now, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

They could be walking and therefore be unable to reach you in time. They might have been walking a few boulevards, past a Westbound Sign, wandering down some streets (all by themselves), walking on eggshells and their old stomping grounds on Stuart's Avenue, running away from the river on the streets and finally there they came, marching down the streets. This is why we should not make easy conclusions.

They were Walking Away to Strangeland by the Murder City, then they crossed the desert, reached higher ground and found themselves in a inn called the loony bin, which directly leads to Coma City

Just now, The 99th revolution said:

Ils marchaient vers Strangeland près de Murder City, puis ils traversèrent le désert, atteignirent un terrain plus élevé et se retrouvèrent dans une auberge appelée The Loony Bin, qui mène directement à Coma City.

And as they were walking, St. Jimmy, bearing gifts and trust, trapped them somewhere near Jingle Town.

God knows they've tried to find a way, to run awayyyyyyyy.

But they were victims of their symptoms.

My physical CD that I ordered on the Green Day store is appearently still in Frankfurt since January 18th 😅

• Sad 3

Just now, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

And as they were walking, St. Jimmy, bearing gifts and trust, trapped them somewhere near Jingle Town.

They were runner-ups, but the first ones to lose their race. They were driving down Broadway with an underrated Samaritan and Ashley, who was bumming around.

10 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

8 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

They were Walking Away to Strangeland by the Murder City, then they crossed the desert, reached higher ground and found themselves in a inn called the loony bin, which directly leads to Coma City

3 minutes ago, TheMostExpressivePrice said:

2 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

They were runner-ups, but the first ones to lose their race. They were driving down Broadway with an underrated Samaritan and Ashley, who was bumming around.

I think we get it thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, it's just a bunch of references with some foxboro hot tubs sprinkled in

7 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

Ils étaient finalistes, mais les premiers à perdre leur course. Ils roulaient dans Broadway avec un Samaritain sous-estimé et Ashley, qui s'amusait.

To free themselves they were forced to help Jesus with filling up paperwork at a facility of East 12th Street, but soon stopped listening to a word because they were in their own world and were daydreaming. Dreaming of another place and time, where their family's from. St. Jimmy was angry and took them to the Bay, where Tré has a kid, and left them there alone. They should have staid home.

Thankfully a girl appeared there. She took them to the sky, flying hand in hand right as infatuation touched them, just when they thought that it would end. She left them in their destination, but as they turned to thank her, she vanished. Rumours say they hold their breath, because she was 2000 light years away. They went to search her and again were so far away from their destination; far away, far away, and they wasted away that night... She now resides in their mind and their nightlife.

i promise we stop now.

Edited by TheMostExpressivePrice
Fine.

did my first playthrough of the new album on my guitar ... its fantastic to play to! so much fun!

foam was boring af, revrad has some nice songs to play to, but some songs are too uninspired on guitar

they really did a great job, insane that we got a great new blink record and a even greater new gd record in 2023/24, wow

saviors is banger after banger, not a single song i want to skip

i hope the songs will get some playtime at the shows, TADIKM opener song, and Fancy Sauce final song before the encore would be epic

• Love 1

1 minute ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

J'espère que les chansons auront du temps de jeu lors des concerts, la chanson d'ouverture de TADIKM et la chanson finale de Fancy Sauce avant que le rappel ne soit épique

It would be weird if they called it "Saviours tour" and performed only singles. Most songs will be definitely be played live, either often or sometimes. Only "Corvette Summer" and "Fancy Sauce" could not be performed at all during this Summer, only because there might be not enough time for other songs than the 2 anniversary albums.

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

So Saviors got 31,361 units made up of 14,955 CDs, 10,420 vinyl albums, 1,124 cassettes, 1,493 units from digital downloads and 3,369 sales-equivalent streams

FOAM got 23,389 back in 2020. But is there an article or something detailing where exactly those 23,389 units came from, how much from CDs/vinyls/cassettes/digital/streams?

So only 1493 sales on UK  iTunes has it as no1 for a week, that seems on the low side to me, but what do I know. I assume that’s the only place downloads come from now?

2 minutes ago, CocaColaX said:

So only 1493 sales on UK  iTunes has it as no1 for a week, that seems on the low side to me, but what do I know. I assume that’s the only place downloads come from now?

No it's not 1,493 downloads. It's 1,493 album equivalent units. I'm not sure how many downloads = 1 unit in the UK though

6 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

No it's not 1,493 downloads. It's 1,493 album equivalent units. I'm not sure how many downloads = 1 unit in the UK though

Digital downloads are digital album sales like iTunes (and I guess not much more), 1 digital sale = 1 album sale. What you are referring to is part of the streaming equivalent numbers, it’s when you download a record on Spotify or Apple Music. In that case, at least in the US, 10 downloads = 1 album sale. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CocaColaX said:

Nice interview clips included 

It's definitely going to be a mainstream smash hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I think you're right about the current state of rap where it's very formulaic now, but I feel like they are working on a formula that felt fresh and exciting a few years ago. You had the whole emo rap scene, which exploded and in some ways, helped rock. Those rappers started talking about rock bands they loved, which often included Green Day. Meanwhile, rock was kind of stuck in a rut. I think there are a lot of great rock bands doing interesting things, but they're not breaking mainstream so we still get the classic rock is dead argument. Also, really valid point about the rock subgenres. I think rap has varied genres as well, but rock/metal can get so niche it can be ridiculous. 

Yeah the niches are silly at some point. Rock is also a retrospective genre. I could be listening to The Kinks today and you could be streaming Saviors. We both have the same bands on our Spotify lists but still in completely two different worlds. 

Rap is more synonymous with hypebeast culture which can be a blessing and a curse in its own right.

The moral of the story is the way we consume music right now is vastly different than we did 20 years ago. I miss the record store and I miss catching up on classics via the bargain bins or through used copies. 

#1 in the UK and outsold the rest of the top 10 combined apparently

• Like 1

Don't think I've seen this posted

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 1

8 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Don't think I've seen this posted

Why does Billie's neck look so old in this picture?

Because he's 51 going on 52 soon I'd assume 

Happens to everyone 

Not being facetious just a fact

Also when you're an alcoholic and you stop drinking you drop all the bloating and seem skinnier (I dropped a dress and shoe size but not weight when I stopped)

• Like 2