Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

5 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Got my Saviors vinyl! And I hate to say...I'm disappointed. The vinyl looks nothing like the mock up. The Spotify vinyl looks cooler than this.

5C9aDty.jpeg

mupoomE.jpeg

Ughhh I saw someone on Reddit with the same thing. I think they're all like this. Really disappointing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ughhh I saw someone on Reddit with the same thing. I think they're all like this. Really disappointing.

Yup. I saw it too. I was hoping mine would look better. Nope. Apparently most of the splatter vinyls look bad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Saviors has 14 curse words on it and it's their 14th album.   That puts Saviors as their 8th most vulgar record if anybody's counting.     Also, the most times Billie's used GD on a GD album, same about of F's and bastards as Tre, if you count the song title.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

My CD from Warner still hasn’t even arrived yet 🙄

We need a thread about this.

• Like 2

Managed to have a few more listens now and I love it (except OEB and Saviors which could yet grow on me but I'm right now tempted to skip).

It's insane people in the US haven't received their CDs yet. Everything of mine arrived on the day. The UK store doesn't seem to have the same problems 

2 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Got my Saviors vinyl! And I hate to say...I'm disappointed. The vinyl looks nothing like the mock up. The Spotify vinyl looks cooler than this.

5C9aDty.jpeg

mupoomE.jpeg

That really does look nothing like the picture they posted. It's almost pink and green leopard print. 

My Assai vinyl was supposed to be half black and half pink but it's just like clear pink with a bit of grey. 

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

9 hours ago, The Grohl said:

mupoomE.jpeg

How does it look playing?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Managed to have a few more listens now and I love it (except OEB and Saviors which could yet grow on me but I'm right now tempted to skip).

It's insane people in the US haven't received their CDs yet. Everything of mine arrived on the day. The UK store doesn't seem to have the same problems 

That really does look nothing like the picture they posted. It's almost pink and green leopard print. 

My Assai vinyl was supposed to be half black and half pink but it's just like clear pink with a bit of grey. 

Not a huge fan of the Assai colour, tho the black and pink splatter from the official store is cool. Just wish I’d gone for another variant like the neon pink HMV one but not sure I can justify a third vinyl 😂

• Like 4

Two questions:

One (aimed at the insiders and semi-insiders): is there gonna be another single release post album release and if so will it be Father to a Son?

Two (aimed at the audiophiles): to those who have received their vinyl (mine still hasn’t turned up grrr): how does it sound? Better than the digital release? Also is Dolby Atmos worth spending any attention/time on?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Two questions:

One (aimed at the insiders and semi-insiders): is there gonna be another single release post album release and if so will it be Father to a Son?

Two (aimed at the audiophiles): to those who have received their vinyl (mine still hasn’t turned up grrr): how does it sound? Better than the digital release? Also is Dolby Atmos worth spending any attention/time on?

I should probably play the vinyl, I guess. 😄   I got the hot pink/black one.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

Two questions:

The 180g vinyl sounds amazing, so happy with it. If it sounds better then the digital release depends on which digital files you are using, and most importantly which record player and sound system you are playing it with. In my case yes, definitely :))

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN said:

The 180g vinyl sounds amazing, so happy with it. If it sounds better then the digital release depends on which digital files you are using, and most importantly which record player and sound system you are playing it with. In my case yes, definitely :))

That‘s good to hear! I ordered the 180g version too since I was banking on it sounding the best.
It‘s a fairly good hi-fi system so ought to sound good. My digital point of reference is apple music’s supposed „hi-res lossless“ played through the same system with an integrated 3.5mm aux in interface.

Man I’m so looking forward to the vinyl turning up. Maybe at some point after the record has turned up I‘ll even get around to doing a needle drop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jengd said:

How does it look playing?

I'll have to play it when I get home. I didn't have time to yesterday. But at this point I wish I got the indie version. At least I would a fancy slip cover included.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Saviors debut on #2 here in Germany 🥰

Don‘t ask me who‘s on Number 1, I dont know them 😂😂😂😂 God, I hate Schlager

If there are three things you will never get out of the German soul it's Beer, Bratwurst and Schlager. 😵‍💫 It's probably in the DNA (only 2 of 3 in mine though😅)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

If there are three things you will never get out of the German soul it's Beer, Bratwurst and Schlager. 😵‍💫 It's probably in the DNA (only 2 of 3 in mine though😅)

I only like beer, except for Warsteiner and „Pennerbier“ 😂 And no, Kölsch is not a beer 😂

I used to like „Stadionwurst“ but tbh I dont like Bratwurst anymore 😂

So I‘m only 1/3 german now 😂

• Haha 1

IMG-6651.jpg

Both variants sound great! Little to no distortion at the end, which tends to happen with fancy color vinyl.

green polka dot shall be my “loaner” copy :whistle

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, suffoKate said:

IMG-6651.jpg

Both variants sound great! Little to no distortion at the end, which tends to happen with fancy color vinyl.

green polka dot shall be my “loaner” copy :whistle

That Spotify one is gorgeous! Wish I would've bought that one instead of my spotty one :dry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Germans call their country Land der Dichter und Denker but listen to this crap 😂.

• Haha 2

Just received a notification my CD + shirt is at my front door. Took a lot of times but finally!
Oh and I ordered the 25th Insomiac Anniversary vinyl too yesterday and it's at my front door too. Amazon Prime.
We need a Warner Store Prime.

• Like 3
  • Love 1