Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

Speaking of kerplunk, it was supposed to be named "welcome to slapville"

• Like 1

1234 records said they had signed cds for 16.99....but the link says NOT FOUND.   Dang. It's oddly specific, but I bet some Australian insomniac got the last one.  😄 

• Haha 2

No, it was a new zealander heavy sleeper

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, That Dude said:

1234 records said they had signed cds for 16.99....but the link says NOT FOUND.   Dang. It's oddly specific, but I bet some Australian insomniac got the last one.  😄 

Austrian!! Haha yea they were gone at 6am PST.. here in austria it was 3pm so perfect time to snag one haha 

They told me they would go online ar 6am pst and i thought Thats my chance yea.. bc americans are hopefully sleeping and i am in the middle of the day waiting for it to drop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys any Tips what to do with the signed CD? Sell it for 200? 

Jjk but as it isnt a vinyl it looks a bit dumb just to put it on my Desk or something.. are there any things to put it on the wall in a nice way where it Stays save?

17 minutes ago, Montclare said:

"It would join the icons’ four previous UK chart-toppers; American Idiot (2004), 21st Century Breakdown (2009), Revolution Road (2016) and Father of All… (2020)."

8 years later and it's still being called by the wrong name.

Hoping that was just a typo/autocorrect and not someone actually thinking that's the name

I think Green Day generally does better in the UK now. Bang Bang actually reached 84 on the UK charts while only reaching 104 in the US. Father of All reached no. 1 in the UK albums chart while it only reached no. 4 in the US on the Billboard 200. Anyone know if the UK charts take streaming into account too like the US does?

Anybody that doesn't like Green Day should buy multiple copies of the album and shoot at them or burn them or whatever....because it all helps Green Day and the music is still available to hear no matter what. Lol

5 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Hoping that was just a typo/autocorrect and not someone actually thinking that's the name

I think Green Day generally does better in the UK now. Bang Bang actually reached 84 on the UK charts while only reaching 104 in the US. Father of All reached no. 1 in the UK albums chart while it only reached no. 4 in the US on the Billboard 200. Anyone know if the UK charts take streaming into account too like the US does?

The UK chart does include streaming but the streaming figures are usually missing on the Monday update.  That will be mainly physical sales.

• Like 3

I’m still a little bummed I missed out on the signed cd but the record store nearest to me (an hour and a half away) that had a listening party is sending me all their goodies from the event cause I asked if they could since I missed out. The CD and LP hasn’t gotten to their store yet so I got to wait but I’m still so happy they were cool enough to do that for me. 

I’m just so in love with this album and this era. I wouldn’t have been as hyped about buttons and posters for FOAM lol. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Welp, my pink vinyl from Amazon is out for delivery today! It was supposed to be delivered on release day, but we had a massive ice storm over here (it was kind of scary hearing tree limbs just snap off constantly) so it got delayed, lol. I'm also glad I'm home today to pick it up... don't have to worry about porch thieves quite as much. If I see anyone try to take my shit, I will chase them down while screaming "BADABINGBADABINGBADABOOOOOM".

• Like 2

A FUCKING PIRATE PATCH THAT HAS 53 PARAGRAPHS OF BADA BING BADA BOOM

• Like 1

Just now, The 99th revolution said:

A FUCKING PIRATE PATCH THAT HAS 53 PARAGRAPHS OF BADA BING BADA BOOM

Oh yeah, a stuffie set of the One Eyed Bastard with Steamboat Willie.

• Like 1

A bottle of beer that has milk inside with the brand name being "I'm drunk again"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need a documentary about the whole process of Saviors. It really looks like most of the songs were written for 1972 and for just a few of them they went to Ocean Way.

• Like 2

Wines that contain the label ''i'm going to drink my wine and let it go''??

Masks with the "Coma City" lyrics about masks?

Infinite choices.

i am sure a few songs [off "Saviours"] will not be performed during the upcoming "Saviours" tour, or will be only once or twice. i think they will be "Strange Days Are Here To Stay", "Corvette Summer" and "Fancy Sauce".

Edited by TheMostExpressivePrice
Silly me, English is not that much easy. Edit 2: Forgot to mention what album i was talking about.
  • Like 1

Strange days = definite qualified deepcut. Also bobby motherfuckin sox is jammy as hell I would fucking die listening to billie scream like bennington !!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

The album sales number is crazy to me because I know Kerplunk sold 10,000 in its FIRST DAY (and probably would have sold more if they printed more!), and that was when they were on an indie label! So to only have 4x that amount now that they’re a worldwide famous band is just so crazy. 

It is crazy. The problem is that streams don't equal sales 1:1 (or anywhere close). If they did, this album would have millions of sales like they had in the pre-internet days. Sales have become so diluted that streams both take away from sales and don't translate to the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Austrian_Insomniac said:

Guys any Tips what to do with the signed CD? Sell it for 200? 

Jjk but as it isnt a vinyl it looks a bit dumb just to put it on my Desk or something.. are there any things to put it on the wall in a nice way where it Stays save?

You could frame the card (and please don't sell it!)

1 hour ago, HAPPY ZOMBIE UNICORN said:

Sales numbers in the UK look very good:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/green-day-saviors-number-1-album-midweek/

“Saviors, the 14th studio album from Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool, is currently outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined at the midweek mark. ”

It's the "outselling the rest of the top 10 combined" that I can't get over. WTF?! I want to know if it's selling nearly as well in the States.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 7:56 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Bobby Sox - 1,154,165 (+415k)
1981 - 578,480 (+223k)
Goodnight Adeline - 550,345 (+214k)
Coma City - 502,870 (+194k)
Corvette Summer - 485,013 (+190k)
Suzie Chapstick - 474,937 (+189k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 447,700 (+176k)
Living in the '20s - 433,051 (+171k)
Father to a Son - 394,688 (+154k)
Saviors - 380,142 (+149k)
Fancy Sauce - 357,721 (+142k)

Spotify update

Bobby Sox - 1,432,924 (+279k)
1981 - 730,326 (+152k)
Goodnight Adeline - 694,309 (+144k)
Coma City - 629,877 (+127k)
Corvette Summer - 612,118 (+127k)
Suzie Chapstick - 601,910 (+127k)
Strange Days Are Here to Stay - 567,753 (+120k)
Living in the '20s - 548,678 (+115k)
Father to a Son - 495,321 (+101k)
Saviors - 478,303 (+98k)
Fancy Sauce - 451,912 (+94k)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Flashback said:

We need a documentary about the whole process of Saviors. It really looks like most of the songs were written for 1972 and for just a few of them they went to Ocean Way.

They may have recorded just the orchestra there and Father to a Son. They were only there for like a day or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1