Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

10 hours ago, petros said:

Favorite track of the album for me is easily Suzie Chapstick. It's been a while since I last felt Billie's lyrics touching me not just for a social issue which I agree with their positions so I agree with their "political" songs. 

I really love this song as well. It’s been stuck in my head since the first time I heard the full song.

It reminds me of Fleetwood Mac or something. I guess that somewhat hits me in the feels cause I remember my mom playing Fleetwood Mac records when I was 3 years old.

43 minutes ago, Robbie1039 said:

I take everything I said about my cd probably not getting here until February back.  Props to Streetlight records for shipping mine in time to have it on release day.  I got the signed version!  I want to share how it looks, but don’t know how to share photos on here!

I also want to update on my vinyl. It was never marked as shipped but showed up on release day. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I also want to update on my vinyl. It was never marked as shipped but showed up on release day.

Still waiting for my shirt + CD + signed CD. But I'm not surprised I called it last week. I'm betting in 2 weeks 😅

• Like 1

The clear and pink slip cover look nice, but it's a bit UNclear on how it goes on the record.  Also, I wish this version had a gatefold but hey.  Gotta sucker us into buying mutiple copies somehow.   Overall, pretty nice for 32.99.     They gatefold black version was 37.99.   Black and hot pink:   

• Like 2

Cant wait for Fantano to come out like a fool on this one tbh. He’s a closet Green Day fan but he’s also a closet Republican so he’s been battling hard with his demons for years.

The fact that this is a great album during an election year is going to break him. He still doesnt even know how to elaborate on his feelings that’s why we’re a week out and still no review.

I saw Dan Frampton’s review who I find a bit more light hearted and silly in some way. However, his Saviors review was really predictable. Obviously he was going to love the first half of the album and not the more sophisticated parts. I wonder if he only likes 1 half of London Calling…

1 minute ago, jengd said:

I like Fancy Sauce more each time I hear it.

Good closing track. Im listening to this album with no particular order though. I havent had my ocd moment with fancy sauce yet but I like it.

• Like 1

If there’s another single, my pick would be Goodnight Adeline or Father to a Son!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, jengd said:

I like Fancy Sauce more each time I hear it.

Same!

• Like 1

More I listen this album, more I like Corvette Summer. Definitely my favorite song so far. I just love stupid and simple stuff, what can I do about it?

My ranking (as from favorites to least favorite) looks something like this. I love almost all of them so it really doesn't matter that a song like LMNB is at bottom 5, they're (almost) all bangers.

1) Corvette Summer
2) Dilemma
3) American Dream
4) 1981
5) Living in the '20s
6) Father to a Son
7) Bobby Sox
8. Strange Days
9) Goodnight Adeline
10) Coma City
11) One Eyed Bastards
12) Look Ma, No Brains!
13) Saviors
14) Fancy Sauce
15) Suzie Chapstick

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Cant wait for Fantano to come out like a fool on this one tbh. He’s a closet Green Day fan but he’s also a closet Republican so he’s been battling hard with his demons for years.

The fact that this is a great album during an election year is going to break him. He still doesnt even know how to elaborate on his feelings that’s why we’re a week out and still no review.

He's not a Republican at all wtf? He's openly leftist. You can dislike him all you want but this is just misinformation. 

And he definately isn't a Green Day fan. He kinda likes Dookie but nothing else really. Hates American Idiot and dislikes 21stcb even more. 

I like him a lot that doesn't mean I have to agree with all his reviews.

35 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I saw Dan Frampton’s review who I find a bit more light hearted and silly in some way. However, his Saviors review was really predictable. Obviously he was going to love the first half of the album and not the more sophisticated parts. I wonder if he only likes 1 half of London Calling…

Good closing track. Im listening to this album with no particular order though. I havent had my ocd moment with fancy sauce yet but I like it.

Pretty sure fantano is not a republican but ok...

Since Fantano is being mentioned (I had no idea who the guy was before he started to be brought up here during the FOAM or RevRad release but the he has without doubt a large amount of followers), looking for Saviors reviews his subreddit popped up. 
If you had any doubt about the resonance and reception this record is getting look at this post in there: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantanoforever/s/aMNgbms2b8

Of course there are people disliking the record, but the comments and largely very positive. 
This is without doubt the most well received Green Day record in a very very long time. 

• Like 1

The guitar tones are the best I've ever heard on a green day album billies solo on goodnight adeline is one of his best 

I wish they kept the reverb on the intro to fancy Sauce but overall I'm impressed with the new album you can tell alot of thought went into this project 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

I take everything I said about my cd probably not getting here until February back.  Props to Streetlight records for shipping mine in time to have it on release day.  I got the signed version!  I want to share how it looks, but don’t know how to share photos on here!

Are they real signatures or prints? Is there any kind of authentication for the signatures?

Is it just me who sees the similarity to 21st Century Breakdown? 😂

The American Dream is Killing is Me = 21st Century Breakdown
Look Ma, No Brains = Know Your Enemy
Bobby Sox = Viva La Glora
Before The Lobotomy = Goodnight Adeline
Coma City = Static Age
Living in the 20s = Horseshoes & Grenades
Father to a Son = Restless Heat Syndrome
Saviors = See the Light

this whole album is an emotional rollercoaster. makes me wanna party and hits me real deep at the same time. father to a son is stuck in my head  and on repeat since yesterday and when I see the picture of billies parents and hear that lines i have tears in my eyes because it's so fucking good 🥹❤️‍🔥

Edited by marek_band
  • Like 1

My review:
The American Dream is Killing Me - 8/10 - Pretty cool
Look Ma No Brains - 5/10 - I hate those vocals tbh
Bobby Sox - 10/10 - Chester Bennington impression??
One Eyed Bastard - 9/10 - Gets stuck in my head alot
Dilemma - 8/10 - Awesome
1981 - 11/10 - I love the solo
Goodnight Adeline - 7/10 - It's like Novacaine but more electric to me lol
Coma City - 86/10 ;) - The way Billie sings that chorus is so fucking badass
Corvette Summer - 8/10 - The "get around, I can get around" is fucking awesome but seems FOAMish in a way that I don't like it that much
Susie Chapstick - 6/10 - I did not expect it to become an awesome jam with Billie's voice! Also country-ish with the guitars.
Strange Days - 10/10 - Feels like something off 21CB but with a twist of our current generation and stereotypes
Living in the 20's - 9/10 - I'M NOT FUCKIN' AROUND!! /j, this is an awesome jam for real
Father to a Son - 8/10 - Reminds me of 21 Guns and Good Riddance. Basically both combined into a WMUWSE-sequel.
Saviors - 7/10 - The radio voice effect part isn't much of a jam, unlike the chorus. It's fine ;)
Fancy Sauce - 10/10 - Feels even balladier than Father to a Son. Slow, acoustic, turns electric quickly. Also I love the Nirvana reference!

Will be updated as the CD goes on