Saviors - Album Discussion

Liam

On 7/12/2024 at 2:55 AM, billy1986 said:

Really?? So Bobby Sox is the next radio single? Source?? Btw Crush management sucks. The band seemed pumped for this album I will never understand Crush and their marketing plan with Green Day

After the disaster that the FOAM promotion ended up being, I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept everything as tame as possible.

LMNB came up on my shuffle the other day and 6 months later that song still rocks.

• Like 3

Was expecting a Coma City music video 😂 but this will do 

• Like 1

Strange Days Are Here To Stay would have been my choice but I understand why they're choosing this one.

• Like 3

On 6/14/2024 at 5:17 PM, The Grohl said:

Fancy Sauce would be great! But I think since we're going into summer, Corvette Summer would be perfect.

Well, well, well... you got your wish 😄

56 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I called it!!! I said Corvette Summer would be a great single!! You're welcome everyone! :runaround: :lol:

Yes! First thing I did after seeing the post on Instagram was to come here looking for your post 😂 

I'm with @Little Boy Named Booze, I'd have chosen Strange Days Are Here To Stay, goes well with the state of the world at the moment 😅 and it is so good. Or Fancy Sauce because that's my favorite haha, but yeah I do see the logic behind this one. A fun light song is good right now, and Mark Hamill potentially participating it's a huge cherry on top (I didn't know the name of the song was a reference to a movie until the promo video on instagram 😅 ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I likely would have chosen either Strange Days or Living in the 20s. Both speak to the current political climate very well. But Corvette Summer feels like a reasonable choice for...summer. Still can't wait to see the video!

• Like 1

I get it, it's summer, but Goodnight Adeline and Suzie Chapstick have been getting more plays, so I'd have gone with one of them.  Hope it gets a lot of plays though!

• Like 4

With Dilemma and Bobby Sox both being excellent songs and still not being hits (outside of rock radio), I guess the choice of single is irrelevant. I just don't think Green Day will produce another mainstream hit if neither of those could do it.

• Like 1

Hopefully this means we'll be seeing Corvette Summer live soon! It's one of my favourites off of the album, so I'm hoping so. I'd love to see it live.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kybry13 said:

Hopefully this means we'll be seeing Corvette Summer live soon! It's one of my favourites off of the album, so I'm hoping so. I'd love to see it live.

That’s true with this new release I’m guessing they’ll add it to the US setlist. That should be fun

• Like 2

While I'd love to get more Saviors songs on the set list, that makes me worry they'll drop an existing one in its place. They'll definitely keep TADIKM and Dilemma; I hope they don't drop OEB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s true with this new release I’m guessing they’ll add it to the US setlist. That should be fun

I wonder what they would cut for it. Maybe get rid of another Saviors song for it? Or possibly another one of the random singles they play. I wish it would be Know Your Enemy they cut but I doubt it considering they seem to love playing it.

• Like 4

The new songs are great live, OEB is loads of fun.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, billy1986 said:

Based on streams Suzie Chapstick should have gotten the video/single treatment…still think that Suzie and father to a son had the best chance for crossover appeal…..Dilemma and Bobby Sox should have been pushed and promoted more…hopefully because of Dilemma’s success on Rock Charts it and the album will get some Grammy love 

Suzie and Father to a Son are literally my two least favorite songs in the album (even Linving in the 20s grew on me haha), I will even skip them if my hands are not too busy... goes to show there is something for every taste 🙂

I’ll never understand Crush’s marketing…Bobby Sox had ZERO radio play yet had a music video and like mentioned above had the perfect summer vibe single appeal but nothing…Corvette Summer probably will be a great video but Coma City, 1981, Suzie, Strange Days, I feel would be stronger choices…the band and management make odd single choices …(Westbound Sign should have been a single off insomniac…Scattered/Worry Rock could have been better then last ride in or nice guys finish last…Church on Sunday/Castaway would have had better potential then Warning/Macy's Day Parade for broad appeal..AI…whatshername could have been released otherwise no complaints..last night on earth/restless heart syndrome could have replaced last of the American girls and east jesus nowhere..and crush stopped promoting no started up again on the heels of the US tour but this record should have been promoted longer in my opinion cause once the 20th anniversary of AI starts getting promoted Saviors will be pushed to the side unfortunately and it’s universally liked by the fans. 

• Like 1

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the Corvette Summer MV being out!

Hey guys, not been here for a few months. What's been happening?

Green Day just posted the missing car with "Dude, Where's My Car?"  This is not in reference to the film.   Billie and I actually lived through this, and he is playing me in the video.   Mark Hammill is playing Mike.  It's all very meta.

Hopefully they get some nominations for the music videos. They did a really great job on all of the videos for Saviors :)

• Like 3

Okay, I want to predict what's coming next as far singles:  me, Coma City, Livin in the 20s, Saviors, 1981, Fever, Fancy Sauce, Suzie Chapstick, Strange Days are here to stay and then finally Goodnight Adeline.  

and then right before album 15 news starts to churn up a little, Father to a Son. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2