American Idiot 20th Anniversary

GDFan2019

This September marks the 20th anniversary of American Idiot. So since we already got the Nimrod 25th Anniversary box set last January and the Dookie 30th Anniversary box set in September, do you guys think we’re getting an American Idiot box set this year? Or do you think they’ll wait until its 25th or 30th?

It'd be very sweet to get a box set this year, or something to commemorate the 20th anniversary. Since the theme of the tour is also going to be the 20th anniversary of American Idiot. I think it's likely that they'll release at least something to celebrate it.

An American Idiot box set could potentially include:

- Live versions of every American Idiot song

- Demos and outtakes (Unlike the 90s albums, we don't have much information about the American Idiot ones, aside from a few)

- Cigarettes and Valentines demos?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm split on the timing of a potential announcement:

• A: Wait until June/July so that Saviors has plenty of room to breathe
  • B: Announce this and promote it shortly after Saviors release (April-ish) to increase visibility of Saviors

Anyway, this is what I wish for:

• Live album of either Vh1 Storytellers and/or that first live performance in Hollywood
  • Demos
  • Outtakes from Cigarettes and Valentines (that were miraculously found and recovered!)

Tre has been in the trenches undercover for years getting these back

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

• B: Announce this and promote it shortly after Saviors release (April-ish) to increase visibility of Saviors

• Live album of either Vh1 Storytellers and/or that first live performance in Hollywood
  • Demos
  • Outtakes from Cigarettes and Valentines (that were miraculously found and recovered!)

I second a vh1 storytellers release!

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

• Demos

How about the Fuse Comp’d performance?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I think is doable that they announce the box set this year. For content they have a lot to choose from, but I'll going safe for now:

- Preproduction Demos

- Full Album with B-sides

- Irving Plaza 2004

I'd like to hear certain songs of the phone calls posted on greenday.com as well in better quality, or maybe C&V to kill the myth for once and all.

EDIT: What about a longer release of Heart Like a Handgranade? John said he could do easily 2 hours per song!!!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Saviour said:

Just release Cigarettes and Valentines man. Even if it's in demo form. 

Nobody believes the nonsense about the lost tapes. 

Mike: "We still had the backups but they're just not the same."

• Haha 2

The U.S. stadium show that was supposed to be in Bullet in a Bible would be really cool to see.  

3 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

The U.S. stadium show that was supposed to be in Bullet in a Bible would be really cool to see.  

What’s the story there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon Benjamin said:

What’s the story there?

I don’t remember which interview I heard this from, but I remember Billie saying they planned to put out their Giants stadium show for Bullet in a Bible, but Mike had the flu at that show, which led them to think that the Milton Keynes shows were a better option.  

I think is totally plausible... but, I think the announcement could be on September and the release could be late 2024 or first months of 2025. Taking about the content for an AI 20th Anniversary edition, as everyone said, I would love to get Cigarettes and Valentines/Demos, B-sides/Outtakes and a live performance (Audio and/or Video, not from Milton Keynes) 

• Like 1

I think they will wait until the 25th anniversay. I mean they can't put out anniversary boxes every 5 years just because there's another anniversary 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Flashback said:

I think they will wait until the 25th anniversay. I mean they can't put out anniversary boxes every 5 years just because there's another anniversary 😂

Works for Nirvana 😝

• Haha 1