Green Day Performing Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve 2024

JardyOfSuburbia

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Stupid Hulu stopped recording at 10. Did they play all their songs before midnight?

No just the first two. Then they did Dilemma and we’re waiting now for two more

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

I still get goosebumps when I watch that performance on YouTube 

I go back to that one a lot. Definitely my favorite award show performance they’ve ever done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I go back to that one a lot. Definitely my favorite award show performance they’ve ever done.

Definitely one of their best high profile performances of recent years. I remember at the time thinking how tight and in the pocket they sounded. 

Because I’m millennial filth that only streams I couldn’t find it anywhere so thank you for keeping me filled in here folks, I’m looking forward to going back to these as the videos pop up

• Like 3

My local NYE celebration started :( How am I supposed to see Green Day now?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Can we have a way to watch the performance for those who have friends or family???

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Dilemma was flawless but I have to call Shenanigans on that audience of supermodels singing all the words 😂 That whole audience knows the words to Dilemma and sings along? C’mon, so fake. 

I thought it seemed crazy how many people knew the AI lyrics but just chalked it up to it being a popular album and a millennial crowd. :lol:  But yeah in hindsight I think I was naive and this was very scripted. Doesn’t mean it’s bad though. Very excited to see them in good form later this year!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

They don’t always play “Welcome to Paradise” on TV, cool to see it on there! And “Dilemma” sounded great live 

• Like 2

Yup, edited or not, that was a great performance. And for a big event, editing can be a good thing (Amazon performance anyone?).

• Like 4

But what I don't get is, they have the album coming out this month, so why schedule a Cover Ups show on the same night instead of playing the New Years Rockin Eve sets live?

The entirety of the Hollywood portion was prerecorded.

4 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

“Dilemma” sounded great!

Sounded like playback.

• Surprised 1

19 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Sounded like playback.

Maybe Kevin's or Jason's voice?

EDIT: nevermind, now I'm hearing what you mean. But vocal playback would be very uncommon for Green Day. Maybe more effects and different mixing tho?

• Surprised 1

45 minutes ago, steve46 said:

Sounded like playback.

It absolutely is playback, or at least heavily edited. In the drum fill before the bridge, what we hear is not what Tre is playing.

• Surprised 1