New single - Dilemma - Out December 7th

AnonymWarnerGermany

13 hours ago, That Dude said:

What if the videos are all connected and Billie becomes a zombie after falling on the ground in Dilemma?

We haven't conversed about this idea lately - the ides that Saviors is a concept record.      With the singles so far, we have snapshots of individuals but as we get more songs, their story flag will unfold.   Or not.  There doesn't doesn't seem to be any false saviors or anything like that so far, so it will be interesting to see where the lyrics take us throughout the album.   Looking like a nonlinear Lenny of a Lifetime, Lenny.

It’s not. It’s a collection of individual songs. 

• Like 1

TADIKM & Dilemma are both solid songs.

But LMNB just takes the cake for me. I find myself listening to this song on repeat. And when I say repeat, I mean  A LOT

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I think you are right and it’s quite noticeable that this is not your usual bunch of extras in this one.  Like @pouty bitch said, that scene with him scrabbling on a public toilet floor is so powerful.  I wonder if it also deliberately was possibly the best shot of what looks like a rather nice Rolex!  Quite a contrast there.  I must have watched it 20 times now and I still think wow each time.  

Bet that was a product placement cuz we don't even see it til the end when the video is in color

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Jason Freeze is the only band mate not to make the party 

He may have had other commitments but could it have anything to do with fact that he's been sober for a good while now? Just a random thought 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

He may have had other commitments but could it have anything to do with fact that he's been sober for a good while now? Just a random thought 

I thought about his sobriety, but I don't think so.  It's not like everyone in the video is actively doing cocain off bathroom floors and at death's door from alcohol abuse.  Probably had something else going on. 

That's something else to think about with songs.  Billie didn't just write this.  He wrote it in the past, either more recently or may years ago.  Today, he might not be in this dark headspace.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Flashback said:

It's so great to see that every single of the new album so far has a different style and sort of gets pre-AI fans and post-AI fans together

The band did mention they wanted to build the bridge between Dookie and AI. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, ekim said:

How does someone do this technically  ? As in isolate the vocal tracks only ?

Does anybody else hear “Is she really going out with him” by Joe Jackson in the chorus ?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

How does someone do this technically  ? As in isolate the vocal tracks only ?

Does anybody else hear “Is she really going out with him” by Joe Jackson in the chorus ?

There are AI programs that can do this. It's what allowed Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr to isolate John Lennon's voice in his piano demo to create Now and Then, the final Beatles song!!

• Like 1

Will Strange Days Are Here To Stay have any callback to Dilemma?  

Every album is a concept album.  ;)

54 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Will Strange Days Are Here To Stay have any callback to Dilemma?  

Every album is a concept album.  ;)

The walking dead theme throughout the first three singles I can see now why billie replied to a fan asking about the status of 1972 with "1972 is dead" newest being "don't wanna be a dead man walking" from the chorus of dilemma

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ekim said:

The walking dead theme throughout the first three singles I can see now why billie replied to a fan asking about the status of 1972 with "1972 is dead" newest being "don't wanna be a dead man walking" from the chorus of dilemma

I wonder if any lyrics will reference 1972.   

• Like 1

I hope saviors is a success because I want more albums after this one you can tell they really went all in with bringing rob and chris back I want the third wave for green day I know it's hard to recapture that kinda success but it would be cool to see them achieve it the songs seem strong enough so far haven't heard the entire album but if all the reviews are any indication saviors will live up to the hype the same way American idiot did in 2004 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Damn, now I'm hearing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Other Billie said:

cool I love Acapella versions of songs 

-OB

I haven't heard billie sing this raw and powerful in years little to no vocal effects thus far so much better than the last three projects which were filled with them especially father of all revolution radio it's nice to hear his natural voice again 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Yep, knew it was making me think of something.

• Like 3