2024/09/04 - Comerica Park, Detroit, Michigan

Lindsay

4 hours ago, blauzy said:

Does anyone know where to find photos the media crew took? I know a bunch of crew took pics of me in my mask as they were walking by and I'm hoping to find them so show my friends. 

If anyone has any info I'd appreciate a message!!

All the professional photos from this show are in the GDA article about it.

https://www.greendayauthority.com/news/6193/

If yours isn't there then unfortunately it seems no-one has posted it :( You could try contacting Greg Schneider, the Detroit Free Press, The Detroit News, Joe Maroon or any other local photographers to ask if they have them.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I can’t think of another time when I’ve felt my heart sink into my stomach so fast. That was so eerie to experience, especially since I was up in the stands with a bunch of casual fans who didn’t seem to realize right away that something was wrong. The music cut off but the crowd kept singing for a few seconds longer. Maybe working in news for so long has made me always assume the worst, but I was terrified I was about to be a part of a mass panic/evacuation situation. I thought security saw somebody with a gun or other weapon and felt the guys were in danger — especially Mike since he was rushed off first. My initial thought was maybe Mike had a medical emergency but once @Mar saw them all getting rushed away from the venue in golf carts because she could see behind the stage from her seat, I knew that didn’t make any sense.

After people realized them leaving the stage wasn’t supposed to happen, we all just sat there confused and quiet and on edge. It was really unnerving, but surprisingly nobody seemed to outwardly panic near me. Well, except me. :pinch:

Even though they tried to resume like nothing had happened — even picking up mid-song — it really took a while for me to get back “into it” after that. I felt really bad for fans experiencing the show for the first time. First, the fact that they were probably panicking thinking that it might get canceled. And then the fact that the whole point is to hear the album as a cohesive experience. Not with a 10-minute anxiety attack break, ugh. And then my brain did the whole “omg someday the band won’t be here any more and I don’t know how I’ll cope” thing after thinking one of them might be seriously hurt or threatened.

… all this during a song about masturbation. This fucking band, what have they done to me. :lol: 

Also, Billie’s amp went out during the end of Good Riddance and he had to play his guitar into the microphone while singing into it as well. His face at the end, when he said it was “a night we’ll all remember,” his expression just screamed “what a fucking shit show,” ha. 

Sounds super scary! I'm sorry you had to experience that, it's probably for the best people around you didn't panic too, or it could have made you panic even more. I can get easily triggered in big crowds because of a trauma I have, and yet I always enjoy being close to the stage so I imagine if I had been there I would have probably have had a full panic attack thinking there was someone armed close to the stage and we'd be experiencing a massive panic evacuation.

Maybe all that panicking would have been better suited during Basket Case. 😅

And funny the thing about the amp going out at the end. This is the first comment I read about this happening, which says a lot about the show. If that happened in any normal show that would have been the main point of conversation and the first video we all would have seen of the concert would have been Billie with his guitar to the microphone.

I think that's the second time this tour he's started out Good Riddance with a Zeppelin song. 

16 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

They are now 2-2 in terms of weird shit happening when they play in that ballpark.

Last time out on Hella Mega, Mike basically passed out from heat exhaustion during Jesus of Suburbia and never came out for the end of Good Riddance.

Oh really? I don't ever remember hearing about that! Poor Mike.

On 9/5/2024 at 9:35 AM, Mar said:

Well, that was something. 

Honestly, I selfishly didn't panic — I just thought "Yep, of course. I've been relying on this show to single-handedly keep me sane and now I only get four songs." It wasn't until later that I considered that we could've been in danger, too. 

This is completely understandable. I honestly think this would have been my reaction too. I'm sure I would have been f-ed off and been muttering about how it was typical that the show I was attending got cut short or cancelled etc etc! Probably only realising later that things could have been a whole lot worse!lol! I think it's just a reaction to how much the guys mean to us!💕

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:38 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So because this has to keep getting weirder — the band deleted this tweet! (I had screenshotted it though.) 

IMG_7298.png

I wonder if that's because they handed the case over to the FAA? DPD is washing their hands of it so they don't want to give them credit anymore 😂

15 hours ago, Psycho Britney said:

Oh really? I don't ever remember hearing about that! Poor Mike.

Yeah, if you go into that tour dates's thread, there's some discussion about it there. I tried to quote from that thread, but couldn't do it. It's on the 2nd page.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2024 at 1:31 AM, JardyOfSuburbia said:

They are now 2-2 in terms of weird shit happening when they play in that ballpark.

Last time out on Hella Mega, Mike basically passed out from heat exhaustion during Jesus of Suburbia and never came out for the end of Good Riddance.

We said the same thing — Detroit is clearly trying to kill Mike! :( 

1 hour ago, Mar said:

I wonder if that's because they handed the case over to the FAA? DPD is washing their hands of it so they don't want to give them credit anymore 😂

And clearly the issue isn’t “resolved!” :lol: I really hope somebody in news follows this story to the end so I don’t have to wonder/take matters into my own hands. I’m so curious who the operator is/their motive. 

• Like 1