2024/08/09 - Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Lindsay

One of the highlights of the night was them letting The Linda Lindas play — that gesture was so classy and just shows exactly why I love these guys so much.

• Like 4

Saw a few clips. Looks like it was a great show. There is such a joy from the band when they perform, I love it so much 🥰.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Paola17 said:

This man is being silly with his geography tonight, lol

also, no OEB tonight. The Linda Lindas apparently were unable to go on so Billie had them perform a song

What's the geography comment about? 👀

But pretty classy bringing on The Linda Lindas for a song if they were not able to perform.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, CristhyneS said:

What's the geography comment about? 👀

But pretty classy bringing on The Linda Lindas for a song if they were not able to perform.

Oh, I’m just amused by the places he shouts out during some of the songs.

In New York, he mentioned Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, The Bronx, New Jersey, Connecticut, and New York. No Staten Island.

Last night, he mentioned Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and then Scranton. Later on he also mentioned wanting the people of Pittsburgh, Ohio and New York hearing us (maybe during Holiday?). But like, sir… Delaware is pretty close, lol

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Paola17 said:

Oh, I’m just amused by the places he shouts out during some of the songs.

In New York, he mentioned Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, The Bronx, New Jersey, Connecticut, and New York. No Staten Island.

Last night, he mentioned Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and then Scranton. Later on he also mentioned wanting the people of Pittsburgh, Ohio and New York hearing us (maybe during Holiday?). But like, sir… Delaware is pretty close, lol

It's at 3:29 in this video! 

As a Pittsburgher, it gave me a good chuckle! 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha re: geography.... I was at the Washington, DC show on 7/29, and his shout-out was "DC!  Baltimore!  Vir-gin-iaaaaah!"   No love for the rest of Maryland LOL

Seeing more clips of the Philly show.... awesome stage setup with all the TV screens and lighting... but were there no pyrotechnics?

21 hours ago, dukey94 said:

Haha re: geography.... I was at the Washington, DC show on 7/29, and his shout-out was "DC!  Baltimore!  Vir-gin-iaaaaah!"   No love for the rest of Maryland LOL

Seeing more clips of the Philly show.... awesome stage setup with all the TV screens and lighting... but were there no pyrotechnics?

I like how at the Fenway show he just kept randomly yelling out Rhode Island even though they weren't in Rhode Island. He did eventually widen it out to all of New England LOL.

Ah, found the other moment of when he was mentioning locations. Starts at the 1:42 mark.

In terms of pyro, there was the fire and maybe some of the loud firing, as well as the streamers for St Jimmy.

No confetti for NY or Philly. 
Aside from that, just the fireworks at the end of the show 

• Like 3

Pics from Green Day on Facebook 

9ca2a39d2b0929d533bc9714f684f5e5812aae4a

bfc74db222c6af8784318c56fb124c0bd313600d

e11d91e489258823db63618bc93de88abae6d97d

e5307260b4152f83746bcb28d49f367af68f0720

f7080fce09fd56ec0b4bec377abdd870a42bae3a

2a168608c494bfc5b33d407465d84460bc1db162

d451be0d922c1c0f885d8501410f152cc13272bb

27103ea5abb033d9943d1cb72778d998fc5518a8

98bf42162f8c1738d3493e1538ac9ea1ea74f148

c8c7ea52eb3b33f915c4189467dd0e42591b63df

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Paola17 said:

Ah, found the other moment of when he was mentioning locations. Starts at the 1:42 mark!

I remember he looked like he had to search his mind for a moment to think about what other states are nearby. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Tripp said:

just found it funny but the commerative ticket from the qr code from the show has the wrong setlist on it, real shame because i wouldve bought it if it was correct, just kinda goofy having OEB on there since they didn't play it, though i know it's probably premade lol

Did they skip that song to allow the Linda Lindas to play?

Good mostly full show

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Did they skip that song to allow the Linda Lindas to play?

Good mostly full show

I noticed Billie's voice sounds a little strained from the beginning of this, so I am not surprised he lost it after. I really hope he didn't hurt himself. He's been going all out with concerts every other night.

• Like 2

@PhuzzyPhriend I was so shocked to watch recordings from this show and hear how off he sounded at times, because he didn’t sound that way to me at all in person! Maybe it was just the Green Day haze, but I thought he sounded perfect. :lol: I genuinely thought he just went a little too far screaming in Bobby Sox and that’s what messed him up. But after learning that, I felt so bad; seemed like he was either on the verge of getting sick or just exhausted his voice doing all these shows. Honored that he pushed through for us, but I’m sorry he was struggling at points and hope he didn’t mess his voice up too much!

• Like 3

On 8/11/2024 at 8:39 PM, Tripp said:

just found it funny but the commerative ticket from the qr code from the show has the wrong setlist on it, real shame because i wouldve bought it if it was correct, just kinda goofy having OEB on there since they didn't play it, though i know it's probably premade lol

No OEB?😢

I wasn't planning on attending this show, but after getting free nosebleed tickets to see them in NYC, I knew I needed to come to Philly. Someone was selling his VIP ticket for $300, so I bought it. but then I got to the show and realized they weren't letting VIPs in early like they used to! The guy ended up being able to make the show again, so I sold the VIP the ticket back to him, as I saw regular pit tickets went up for sale -- I think I got mine for $223 including fees, which was less than they originally were on sale for. Throughout the day, probably because of the rain, they kept dropping in price -- at 5PM they were down to $163, but if I waited that long, I wouldn't have been inside.

We lined up at 10:30 AM and were #22-24 in line. They opened the doors at 4 but made us wait on the concourse because of the rain. We were all freaking out, because since we already went through security and got our wristbands, all that was left to do was run to the pit -- rather than trickle in like usual. Thankfully, security kept the line well organized. Some people -- especially this couple that wasn't too far behind us in the line and waited all day -- tried to cheat the system and go to other entrances. When they started letting people onto the field, they let the pit line in first, and made the other entrances wait. So the people behind us that tried to cut, got really pissed. They could have had barricade if they just stayed in the regular pit line, but they got greedy. The girl seemed nice (and needs to dump him), but the guy was an asshole. Every time a crowd surfer came, he would duck, and let them drop on his girlfriend and/or my friends and I. Then he tried to wedge himself on the barricade between two of my friends. They wouldn't have cared if he went on the other side of our group rather than splitting us up, and/or he wasn't letting crowd surfers fall down, but yeah, if you're not nice, don't expect us to be nice back! 

I absolutely loved seeing Green Day in the rain, it made everything cool off, and it was just so special and magical.